• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool
juri_s_chae_lim_cosplay_by_sleepingmaster-db2548k.png

Marvel

could never
FINALLY got my internet connection in my new place. Can't wait to try out Helen and dust off the rust. Worked a bit on my Ken whilst I was offline.

XenoRaven

I don't think we'll get it, but I would like to see a major update to stats. As it stands now, we have to wait for someone to give us stats. I want to see actual hard data from online play on matchups, character success rates across various divisions, stuff like that. I enjoy digging into that stuff and I think most big competitive games with esports aspirations have websites with some pretty comprehensive stats.

Wait, I wonder if the loading times will be fixed in the offline portion as well.

Okay, also, are we getting rid of the thumbs up or what Capcom

Daigo in January: "I don't care if I win or lose, I just want to have fun"

Daigo in March: "Fuck this shit I'm going top tier"

Daigo in January: Losing isn't fun, I'm gonna play Guile
Daigo in February: Winning isn't fun, I'm gonna play Ryu
Daigo in March: Losing isn't fun, I'm gonna play Guile
Daigo in April: Ryu is good again, I'm gonna play Ryu
Daigo in May: Losing isn't fun, I'm gonna play Guile
Daigo after getting 65th place at EVO and spending Sunday drinking alone and falling asleep in public: buy my new book

This is what's always confused me as well. How can you tell?

Unless there is very bad teleporting going on (which is 1/20 or 30 matches for me), every match feel no different than if the guy was sitting right next to me.

If they willingly rematch you, then the connection is probably fine enough for them to keep playing you. (unless you're playing Ranked...in which people take points and run frequently. I only play Casual and Lounges)

And, people generally rematch me most times. So, yeah, I'm guessing "one-sided lag" isn't super common for my opponents.

I don't think we'll get it, but I would like to see a major update to stats. As it stands now, we have to wait for someone to give us stats. I want to see actual hard data from online play on matchups, character success rates across various divisions, stuff like that. I enjoy digging into that stuff and I think most big competitive games with esports aspirations have websites with some pretty comprehensive stats.

Capcom actuallly uploads this data on their own website:
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/stats

The CFN portal is actually an amazing website. Lots of info on there.
They should link to it in game, or something.

Also, why does Daigo ALWAYS hit a button when he jumps back out of Aegis Reflector setups? It makes no sense to me. He just smacks the reflector every time. It has to be intentional, he's been doing it for months now. He could just jump out and not get hit, I don't get it.

ElFly

Last night very few people rematched me

I assume I had a ton of lag for the other players, and in fact a couple of the matches were hit and stop

Normally it is not bad and get most rematches

Last night very few people rematched me

I assume I had a ton of lag for the other players, and in fact a couple of the matches were hit and stop

Normally it is not bad and get most rematches

Well, if you're talking about Ranked, then it's a totally different story. People will deny rematches to save their points.

But, in Casual and Lounges, if people stick around, the match is probably good enough for them to keep playing you.

So are people ignoring the awful netcode or are people still clueless how it work in SFV?

People are ignoring the awful netcode because it's not actually awful.

The netcode is "awful" like S2 Mika is "awful".

Pompadour

We've been through this multiple times in every OT with test dine. The netcode is half baked from it's Sfxt counterpart.

It's better than that which wasn't actually that bad.

I swear, people here play two or three fighting games and think SFV has garbage netcode. It isn't the best but it works 95% of the time. You can't say that about the new fighting games that are still released with delay based netcode.

Hey ZG, you seem to know a lot about how the netcode works. Can you explain how it's worse than SFxT? Like, what in the infrastructure makes it bad.

Filter by character players

Blacklist the Kens

If you play any of these characters I will blacklist you and don't ever shake my hand at a tournament:

Everyone but FANG

Hyun Sai

If you start blacklisting per character we can just go back to SF1 and one character playable.

I don't think people realize how fucked up that option would be and all the problems it would pose in a 1V1 game.

That's two information drops in one month, and that means they probably won't cover this same shit next weekend.

Better gimme dat roadmap fam.

I think the "blacklist" is to prevent certain people from following you or something of that realm. Not to avoid fighting them or a certain character.

I think the "blacklist" is to prevent certain people from following you or something of that realm. Not to avoid fighting them or a certain character.

My guess is that it'll just prevent invites, so that you can shut somebody up if they spam you invites. Possibly it'll also prevent those people from joining your lobbies, but I think that is less likely. Even less likely, in my eyes, is preventing all match-making, and I am not even sure that ranked should allow you to block other players. But we'll see.

mbpm1

If you start blacklisting per character we can just go back to SF1 and one character playable.

I don't think people realize how fucked up that option would be and all the problems it would pose in a 1V1 game.

I'm one of them

How fucked up would it be

Winning is fun.

Winning money is fun, you mean.

But really, the way Daigo explained it, he didn't want to lose the feeling of having fun while playing fighting games. Like, he'd practice doing different, weird things during matches because he didn't care about winning or losing. Winning is a byproduct of applied knowledge and skill.

Not saying winning in and of itself can't be fun, but that wasn't the reason he kept playing fighting games solely.

If this keeps going we'd have a year worth of content for Vasperarcade by the end of next month.

"Hey guys, VesperArcade here. Let's talk about the first paragraph of the patch notes. Join me again later in week where I make another video on the second paragraph of Capcom's CFN patch notes."

Hyun Sai

I'm one of them

How fucked up would it be

Well, imagine you're maining a character, and a good chunk of players hate that match-up. Good luck finding a match, or just learn a new main.

We can also count all those who won't learn any match-up and just block all those they think are unfavorable.

In short, it would cause a drop in the level of the player base, less character variety and much longer matchmaking.

MCD250

Last week we got new patch notes, this week we hear about CFN stuff, next week there's the 30th anniversary panel...jokes aside, it's nice to hear from Capcom like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom