• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD250

Haven't played in a while, ever since I went on a losing spree during a string of laggy matches a few weeks back. Boot up the game tonight and the first match I get is a laggy ass Vega. Eesh. I won and yet I was probably still saltier than the other dude, heh (nothing puts me on tilt more than crap connections).

I'm kinda tempted to not play again until the new patch and/or new CFN infrasttucture drops.

HardRojo

I'm watching PR Rog's stream and he went into a user's profile, loaded up the list of latest matches, added it to his replay list and started watching it in no time, there was basically no loading between all of those actions. Is that the fast loading mod from some weeks ago? Or does the PC version really load that fast? It's night and day compared to the PS4 version.

MCD250

Man, there's just something about a big fat guy yelling "Hypnotic!" as he jumps across the screen to grab you that I find incredibly hilarious.

Akuma is getting a health buff, he won't be low tier for long.

/s
Chun is the low tier here, right?

I was just about to ask about his health. Recently bought him and the health seemed very low, and that is from coming from cammy :eek:

Anyway really enjoy playing as Akums. Is there a Place where everyones health is shown?

FluxWaveZ

Isn't Cammy's like +2 or +3 too or something? Them tick throws...

Cammy's is +1 on block. And Cammy isn't a grappler. Laura is a grappler who has a +3 on block standing light kick that can create the 50/50 situation where you take a hit or take a command grab, or take a normal throw because she has that too.

MCD250

I was just about to ask about his health. Recently bought him and the health seemed very low, and that is from coming from cammy :eek:

Anyway really enjoy playing as Akums. Is there a Place where everyones health is shown?
I think you can find health and other stats on Capcom's website, as well as apps like FAT. Akuma has the the lowest health in the game (875), lower than Cammy even (900), but his health i getting buffed to Cammy levels next month.

EDIT: whoops, didn't mean to double post.

Village

What do I do I against laura medum kick

I'm playing balrog, and that's all this person is doing. And i'm pushing every button, shorts mediums, crush counters. They are all getting beat.

I'm literally not functionally understanding how you fight this.

Edzi

I'm playing balrog, and that's all this person is doing. And i'm pushing every button, shorts mediums, crush counters. They are all getting beat.

It's one of those "-2 on block but might as well be +3" moves.

Pray.

Her stMK is -2 on block, so you should be able to stuff it easily, if she just keeps pressing that button. Maybe you got the timing wrong? It's a bit odd, so it might be worth setting the dummy to mash so that you can practice. Some buttons can wiff, though, so use something like crMP if in doubt. stMP also seems to work well.

Bigg_Oggy

TAP, maybe? I think the higher the level the more invincibility.

There's a lot of buttons that are -2 in which it's technically your turn next but it definitely doesn't feel like it. Especially if you try to attack back with a light attack that is out of range then get hit by the same button again lol

There's a lot of buttons that are -2 in which it's technically your turn next but it definitely doesn't feel like it. Especially if you try to attack back with a light attack that is out of range then get hit by the same button again lol

d65770_400ac40096d64df7aa85918621e9d1e4.png_srz_263_216_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Spuck-uk

Banned
Cammy's is +1 on block. And Cammy isn't a grappler. Laura is a grappler who has a +3 on block standing light kick that can create the 50/50 situation where you take a hit or take a command grab, or take a normal throw because she has that too.

So, tick throws then?

FluxWaveZ

It really sucks against Rashid because stopping his spinning mixer is crucial when facing him with any character. I'm just gonna start mashing st.LP for my life anytime I see I'm blocking it.

FluxWaveZ

then thats when they bring out the ex mixer

Yeah. Had a few crazies do super after it, too. Rashid is one of the worst characters to be in the corner against next to Cammy, R. Mika, and Necalli, but his spinning mixer has great corner carry and doesn't leave him very negative. A pain to deal with.

I don't know if it's the mix of the Ps4's 6 frame lag and the netcode, I can punish this move but just like M.Bison's 30 + frames of dashing in and Crush Counter it becomes the hardest thing to punish online.

mbpm1

Trapped in the corner by laura the other day who just pressed st. mk at tip range. Every time i tried to poke back with a standing button he would cr. mk and go under it. Every time i tried to poke back with another button I would get hit by st. mk.

When I tried to sit back he overheaded and I died

It was a little fusrating

Yeah. Had a few crazies do super after it, too. Rashid is one of the worst characters to be in the corner against next to Cammy, R. Mika, and Necalli, but his spinning mixer has great corner carry and doesn't leave him very negative. A pain to deal with.

Corner carry on some specials is a topic that's never really touched upon.

When I was rewatching some matches of myself to wonder where I went wrong or how I ended up in the corner, I realized it wasn't really much in some MU's as to how I ended up there. Only like 1 or 2 specials and a dash on my knockdown and I was there.

Like against Rashid, 1-2 MP mixers or 1 EX mixer + dash on your downed body from midscreen and you're cornered.
Balrog ex straight dash or one V-Trigger sequence can put you straight into the corner
Necalli's super still makes no sense in the advantage he gets afterwards + full corner carry. Like after the 500+ damage you take from the VT version, then you're in the corner and gotta hold the 50/50's after a st.LK on block. It's rare to see anyone survive after that sequence. I'm just asking for Necalli to leave you in the midscreen at least sheesh.

Trapped in the corner by laura the other day who just pressed st. mk at tip range. Every time i tried to poke back with a standing button he would cr. mk and go under it. Every time i tried to poke back with another button I would get hit by st. mk.

When I tried to sit back he overheaded and I died

It was a little fusrating

don't worry you can just blacklist that player now

Pompadour

Necalli's super still makes no sense in the advantage he gets afterwards + full corner carry. Like after the 500+ damage you take from the VT version, then you're in the corner and gotta hold the 50/50's after a st.LK on block. It's rare to see anyone survive after that sequence. I'm just asking for Necalli to leave you in the midscreen at least sheesh.

They should make the corner carry VT. They could slightly change the regular CA animation and drop the face slam and make it more like Berserker Barrage.

mbpm1

When I was rewatching some matches of myself to wonder where I went wrong or how I ended up in the corner, I realized it wasn't really much in some MU's as to how I ended up there. Only like 1 or 2 specials and a dash on my knockdown and I was there.

Like against Rashid, 1-2 MP mixers or 1 EX mixer + dash on your downed body from midscreen and you're cornered.
Balrog ex straight dash or one V-Trigger sequence can put you straight into the corner
Yeah, makoto-esque corner carry isn't too uncommon for some. The stages are smaller here too.

don't worry you can just blacklist that player now
What if he blacklisted me first? mixupped again

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

One bad fireball and DP and that's it. After that Crush Counter, might as well get up and make a sandwich.

in SF4 you needed 3 hits from Cody to dizzy a low health character. Here it's just two hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom