• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd only want to blacklist people with garbage connections, and those are a rare occurrence. It is even more rare to run into them multiple times, which would motivate me to actually do it, and it even look like Capcom are addressing that somewhat in the update.

Last week we got new patch notes, this week we hear about CFN stuff, next week there's the 30th anniversary panel...jokes aside, it's nice to hear from Capcom like this.
Yeah, they are on a roll recently.
Credit where credit is due!

MrCarter

I like this:

The improved CFN experience is the result of rebuilding it from the ground up to address the most pressing issues that will ultimately result in a better online experience.

Looks like they worked on rebuilding this from the ground up while managing the current CFN. Let's hope it pays off.

Last week we got new patch notes, this week we hear about CFN stuff, next week there's the 30th anniversary panel...jokes aside, it's nice to hear from Capcom like this.

30th anniversary panel is during the PTR period too. I wonder if they'll announce something during the panel that will trigger an in-game surprise.

Wishful thinking...

Pompadour

If this keeps going we'd have a year worth of content for Vasperarcade by the end of next month.

I think I subbed to VesperArcade solely because he was able to expertly analyze the brief footage of SFV we had to deduce how the game played when we knew almost nothing about the game. Who knew he'd deliver the same level of detail to analyzation when we know everything immediately.

MrCarter

If this keeps going we'd have a year worth of content for Vasperarcade by the end of next month.

I went to his channel to see if he's improved...

"MvC Infinite - New News and Gamplay Soon?"

There was no news (it was a tweet from Ono) and obviously there will be gameplay when they have something to show. *Faceplams*

I went to his channel to see if he's improved...

"MvC Infinite - New News and Gamplay Soon?"

There was no news (it was a tweet from Ono) and obviously there will gameplay when they have something to show. *Faceplams*

How long is the video btw? I'm always impressed by how long youtubers can stretch non-info.

VariantX

Yeah, im not a fan of that click baity stuff people do for views. But I absolutely will keep my sub to his channel for his guides and character breakdowns though.

Village

Yo i'm all for supporting modders financially , but dude with the new cammy samus mod has folks going through virus ridden 3rd parties to get to DL sites with hour download times if you don't pay him.

That killed all interest in that mod, or me even paying the guy for them.

I think the blacklist will probably just mean you cannot get invites from a certain account. Maybe it blocks them from your lobbies too?

That is an exceptional set of fixes. Good stuff Capcom.

I still want to see a lag reduction to 4f but buffing lobbies to actually be useful is a thumbs up from me.

Fingers crossed the current defects with the netcode are fixed. No bad matches against those who are in the same city, please.

If we can blacklist characters Bison players are gone.
oh shit

The update might include a blacklisting function? I hope to god it is for characters. We should have had the option in season 1 imo. Ryu and Ken were unbearably strong in season one on top of being the two most used characters. Having the tip top characters be the most used characters is the perfect recipe for a shitstorm of epic proportions.

oh shit

The update might include a blacklisting function? I hope to god it is for characters. We should have had the option in season 1 imo. Ryu and Ken were unbearably strong in season one on top of being the two most used characters. Having the tip top characters be the most used characters is the perfect recipe for a shitstorm of epic proportions.

Someone posted a good response as to why that's a horrible idea:

Well, imagine you're maining a character, and a good chunk of players hate that match-up. Good luck finding a match, or just learn a new main.

We can also count all those who won't learn any match-up and just block all those they think are unfavorable.

In short, it would cause a drop in the level of the player base, less character variety and much longer matchmaking.

So fuck that. I don't know of any fighting game that lets you filter out characters, now that I think about it. That's an awful idea. At that point, I'd rather just go grind out the matches I want in Battle Lounge.

I am liking Kolin.

Kolin is too technical. I just want to unga without the guilt of the bunga. So I'm playing Necalli at the moment.

MCD250

Yeah, not sure filtering out characters is a good idea. Even filtering out players (at least in Ranked) can potentially lead to problems. Maybe if they relegate it to Casual or something.

It should now take less time to find an opponent in online matches. We’ve also added logic which avoids frequently being matched with the same opponent repeatedly.

Today my friend and he got matched with the same player 4 times in a row...took a break, 30mins go by, first match back same player..

Marvel

could never
Kolin is too technical. I just want to unga without the guilt of the bunga. So I'm playing Necalli at the moment.
I totally get you lol.

She's clicking really well right now though, which is remarkable considering I have not played a fighter for 2 months. Actually managed to defeat a couple Gold Ibuki's. Loving her style and counters, looking forward to really learning her over the next few weeks.

Maybe a long ass break did some good, despite the rust.

It's better than that which wasn't actually that bad.

I swear, people here play two or three fighting games and think SFV has garbage netcode. It isn't the best but it works 95% of the time. You can't say that about the new fighting games that are still released with delay based netcode.

It doesn't need to be the best in order to be decent. It fails at the very base of what Rollback Netcode is suppose to do. Rollback based netcode isn't suppose to desync and cause one player to experience the lag and it's not suppose to desync when using turbo or mashing buttons.

I've been dabbling with Mika in training and battle lounges over the past week and she's a lot of fun. Can anyone give me any advice for playing her cause I feel random as fuck.

kirblar

I've been dabbling with Mika in training and battle lounges over the past week and she's a lot of fun. Can anyone give me any advice for playing her cause I feel random as fuck.
l8b4xU-bdUWIeH_IofbRIlsTyjWiuH2jipmGhU0GFU0.jpg

I got a new toy today, upgrading from a GTX 670 to a GTX 1060, this game looks great, now i can blast it on max, before i had to custom set up to make it look nice and stay at 60fps... also feel like my inputs are being registered faster...gonna test that online later, but right now i am messing around with all my games, time to install Project Cars..

Yeah, not sure filtering out characters is a good idea. Even filtering out players (at least in Ranked) can potentially lead to problems. Maybe if they relegate it to Casual or something.

I agree. I guess if these players want to shield themselves like that, go for it. Seems counter productive though. I would never blacklist a match-up. Gotta learn them.

For filtering out players, I kinda wanna do it, just so I can block people I know I have a shitty connection with, or the farmer accounts that are just mashing LK.

mbpm1

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";232658173]I always feel like screaming and cackling like a barbarian when I play Kolin. I get so hyped playing her.

j29JP4.gif
[/QUOTE]

countering a dp is one of the best feeling things in this game

remz

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";232658173]I always feel like screaming and cackling like a barbarian when I play Kolin. I get so hyped playing her.

j29JP4.gif
[/QUOTE]

EX AA counter gives me that exact same response lmao, especially if I land it more than one time in a match

FluxWaveZ

Wow, I just encountered two different Ryu players in a row, both wearing that dumb hip hop costume using the same alternate color. The world is ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom