• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys talking about tiers made me go check what event hubs thinks these days and it's pretty much what you'd expect - Urien and Guile at the top , Fang in the basement. Nash and Mika moving down a fair bit from S1 while Laura and balrog have shot upwards. And most of the rest of the cast is pretty close otherwise.

don't ever go off an eventhubs tier list.

ever ever.

ever

I found out late last year that there is a small community (20 or so maybe) local to me who meet once a month for a wee tournament. I haven't mustered up the nerve to go but they stream it on Twitch and I've watched small snippets. Anyway, I'm certain there's not a Birdie main there and I've been tempted to go represent.

Do it! Speaking from experience, the best way to improve as a player is to attend locals and get advice from other players in-person. Oftentimes we develop bad habits imperceptible to us that hold us back, and having other people who can identify those habits for you is invaluable.

Birdie is definitely a strong character. Only thing he is missing is invincible reversal without v-trigger but I think it is okay that he doesn't have that.

Yeah, he doesn't really need an invincible reversal. He's got EX Killing Head to discourage throw loops and a pretty decent "get off me" V-Reversal, so he doesn't crumble to pressure in the same way as most grapplers.

Good Birdies are rare, but boy are they dangerous.

It's true! One of the dudes at my locals plays Birdie and he always cleans up because his spacing and neutral game are godlike. That character's incredibly strong in the right hands, and even moreso because so few have experience with the matchup.

stn

Is Akuma a strong character?
Mid-tier to me. Good meaty options and solid oki, mediocre neutral. Also, all of his demon flip options can be easily reacted to. Pretty good counter-zoning with his red fireball, mediocre keep-away in general. This is probably the first Street Fighter game where his crappy health is not justified like it was before.

they might be tired of getting their shit kicked in

v-league pro has him as the worst character overall. he doesn't have a single favorable MU
New characters always have terrible winrates. The only exceptions that stayed kinda bad to terrible are Juri and Alex.
don't ever go off an eventhubs tier list.

ever ever.

ever
Alex was like top 5 to them even after a couple of weeks of S2. It took a lot of hammering into them that the dude sucks ass. Slowly but surely all characters are falling into their proper places, but ehubs never leads the pack in terms of placement or prediction.

BlizzKrut

Banned
16508457_10155102037607147_1336418278338129851_n.png

Rufus is coming.

It'd be cool if Kolin/Helen turns out to be a hybrid pressure/zoning character cuz if she clicks with me that kind of playstyle would cover a few gaps in my matchup chart.

I'm at least excited to see what alternate costumes she'll have; that's always one of my favourite parts about a new character reveal.

Bigg_Oggy

One of the leaks say "she also has a stance similar to gief". I read this as she also has a stand.

I didn't know I wanted this until just now!
Although I don't how that would work in street fighter.

Ryce

I'm at least excited to see what alternate costumes she'll have; that's always one of my favourite parts about a new character reveal.
I'm expecting the classic Kolin look as her story costume and an ice-themed Russian ballet costume as her battle outfit.

Pompadour

One of the leaks say "she also has a stance similar to gief". I read this as she also has a stand.

Helen being a Capcom Jojo-style stand user would definitely elevate my hype for her (from a 1.4 out of 10 that its currently at).

MindofKB

I'm actually REALLY glad they're getting her out of the way early.

She's also keeping the Blonde Fighter V theme alive lol, we already have:

Alex
Guile
Karin
Mika
Ken
Birdie
Nash
Cammy
Vega

Pachinko

I'm actually REALLY glad they're getting her out of the way early.

She's also keeping the Blonde Fighter V theme alive lol, we already have:

Alex
Guile
Karin
Mika
Ken
Birdie
Nash
Cammy
Vega

Well I mean aren't all white people blond haired blue eyed supermen ? 💩

Devid905

Shouldn't Capcom wait until Wednesday to drop a trailer because NetherRealm will also be revealing a new character on the Tuesday for Injustice 2...?

HardRojo

Just saw the updates on the fb page. Man I might get a new job tomorrow (last interview) at a great place and there are chances we'll get a new trailer. Tomorrow will be a good day.

pizzacat

Banned

She has ice powers obvioualy the Kolin model is a distraction to petshop coming back to a capcom game

Just saw the updates on the fb page. Man I might get a new job tomorrow (last interview) at a great place and there are chances we'll get a new trailer. Tomorrow will be a good day.

Out of extreme random curiosity, does the place you are interviewing at start with a P?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom