• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the charge times aren't that different and it's mostly because I'm garbage, but man I'm able to pull off some sick shit with Urien that I wasn't able to do the last few weeks in this beta. I have no idea how I can transition back.

Xeteh

Can't screw up if you don't play Urien.

image.php

I think I just fought someone who posts on here on my new pc account, I recognize the name vaguely, joeyjo? I was playing Guile against your cammy. GGs.

Dartastic

I feel like a dumb dumb. With Ibuki, I'm having difficulties connecting the LP > MK air target combo after the MK > CHK > CHK target combo. I can't get it to save my life. Any help?

Skab

I really hate feeling completely clueless about what to do vs some characters.

I might as well just put my stick down and walk away sometimes

HardRojo

I really hate feeling completely clueless about what to do vs some characters.

I might as well just put my stick down and walk away sometimes

That's how I feel mainly about Ibuki, Laura, Bison, Rashid and sometimes Cammy.

Edit: Gonna try making it to 3k LP with Akumer on the Beta and then switch to make Alex or someone else I'm not too familiar with, not like I was familiar with this Akuma since I don't have him on PS4 and I don't play on PC, plus I'm bound to my DS4 as my stick doesn't work on PC.

Damn. Really good Giefs can bait out V-Reversals with buttons, V-Skill through them and punish with SPD. I've seen Stupendous do it, for instance. This will work even better as now they don't even have to take gray damage to punish.

You sacrifice pressure and v-gauge meter gain if you opt for the counter instead of V-skill/SPD punish for that particular OS. I'm not sure if Tundra Storm does less/more stun or the same as an SPD(I'm assuming it does the same damage as a heavy/ex spd) but it looks like you don't get a mix up afterwards.

EDIT - It also seems pretty dumb that his counter works on Cammy's st.lk but not Karin's according to that list. How can that be right?

HardRojo

I was getting matches pretty quick, but I hopped off about 10-15 mins ago. Did it just randomly start taking a long time?

Just got one after about 15 minutes, but I hate it because people keep running away after I win the first match. Sometimes I even think of throwing the match just so they grant the runback.

HardRojo

I hate playing on pad :( Keep missing easy inputs like QCB and sometimes I randomly get a HCB when they cross me up and I just meant to antiair. I've seen my Akuma hit a st.MK several times and stay there while I expected the light tatsu to come out lol.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So you can see country flags in battle lounge but can you not filter by country?

You can't filter by anything useful. It's really dumb. And country flags are almost irrelevant anyway. They needed to fix the connection quality icons, not the flags. I'm sure it takes more processing power and time to accurately display connection ratings for everyone in the list but it seems like a basic feature of an online game.

None of that would matter though if I could just filter by rank and number of players and get a whole page of desirable lounges to pop into. I don't need to see the rookies or the platinums, guys. Don't fill my list with them.

cackhyena

I really don't know why I play this game. I recognize on the whole it's better than 4, but I don't have as much fun. Feels like there's something missing. 150 hours into something I'm just not digging like I did at the outset...goddamn.

I really don't know why I play this game. I recognize on the whole it's better than 4, but I don't have as much fun. Feels like there's something missing. 150 hours into something I'm just not digging like I did at the outset...goddamn.

Take a break. Come back to it later. If you aren't having fun, there's nothing wrong with playing something else.

For me, most fighting games get stale when I focus on just trying to win. Now I'll try out different things mid match for better practice, or switch characters around. I'll see someone do some sick shit with a character and try that out.

Additionally, it probably helps that I play different fighters at the same time. Let's me accept a game for what it is, because you don't spend time wanting a bunch of shit out of it when you can find some of those things elsewhere.

But never force yourself to pick up any game, fighters included. It's just not worth the tim, and that shit will always be there if you get the urge.

HardRojo

This has only happened to me on PC but, sometimes the match kind of freezes and then resumes by fast forwarding similar to when it catches up on spectator mode. I don't know if this is the netcode acting up or people being shitty when they get dizzied trying to throw me off.

Also, I fucking hate my missed inputs :(

Take a break. Come back to it later. If you aren't having fun, there's nothing wrong with playing something else.

For me, most fighting games get stale when I focus on just trying to win. Now I'll try out different things mid match for better practice, or switch characters around. I'll see someone do some sick shit with a character and try that out.

Additionally, it probably helps that I play different fighters at the same time. Let's me accept a game for what it is, because you don't spend time wanting a bunch of shit out of it when you can find some of those things elsewhere.

But never force yourself to pick up any game, fighters included. It's just not worth the tim, and that shit will always be there if you get the urge.
I wish I had the time to play other fighters. I'd love to play KoF and Tekken 7 but I'm struggling with SFV by itself.

Think we'll get the next Season 2 character towards the end of April?

Pretty much assured. Along with the patch, I bet.

This has only happened to me on PC but, sometimes the match kind of freezes and then resumes by fast forwarding similar to when it catches up on spectator mode. I don't know if this is the netcode acting up or people being shitty when they get dizzied trying to throw me off.

Also, I fucking hate my missed inputs :(

Oh shit. I remember this happening to me but I turned off CPU 0 in my cores and it stopped.

I wish I had the time to play other fighters. I'd love to play KoF and Tekken 7 but I'm struggling with SFV by itself.

I've set aside all purpose of becoming the best or whatever. Just competent. I like learning about fighting games and playing them, but I don't want to spend so much time getting burnt out getting to Plat when I can play a bunch and just do stupid shit in them. As long as I can reach at least gold in my respective games of focus in terms of skill, I'm alright with that.

Of course, I've played way less in terms of other games. I beat like two games in March, one being Nier, and the other was Dragon's Dogma. Maybe some others, but I really doubt it.

Hell, Hokuto could be silhouette #5 too.

I need my literal edgelord tho.

Xeteh

I stopped playing anything aside from training mode (despite buying the season pass again) because I just get too stressed playing online. I wish I didn't, I'd like to bang my head against it but it just won't happen.

I never force myself to play anything I don't like, this a hobby baby,not a job.

I'm still playing alot of V, but I am been going heavy on TTT2 lately. My body is ready for T7.

Gonna have alot of fun rotating between T7 and SFV the rest of the year. Maybe throw some Gundam in there.

Xeteh

I'll probably be playing Injustice 2 a bit once its out, a friend of mine is only really interested in the NRS fighting games, tried getting him to get in on SFV but he had no desire to.

I never force myself to play anything I don't like, this a hobby baby,not a job.

I'm still playing alot of V, but I am been going heavy on TTT2 lately. My body is ready for T7.

Gonna have alot of fun rotating between T7 and SFV the rest of the year. Maybe throw some Gundam in there.

My man.

Stop playing SF5, lol. Especially if you're not having fun.

Now you have time for another fighter.

Stop playing SF5, suddenly you have free time!!

Hell nah, I'm loving SFV. Over 550 hours in and I have yet to be bored with the game. There's so much to learn and I'm just starting.

When I say I'm struggling, I mean I'm learning from the ground up because up until now I've been a casual fighting game fan who just played the CPU and moved on to other games. I've never even done more than a three hit combo in a fighting game before SFV, so I still have a lot of basic stuff to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom