• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naar

Ucchedavāda;233159742 said:
Yes, you can buy story mode costumes for $2 each. Also, wat?

Really? I looked on PSN and in the game itself and only found the season passes and the battle costumes. But didn't find the story ones. Where can I find the story costumes to buy?

I'm guessing tournament sponsored by a corporation/educational establishment in a country that's not so progressive, possibly in the middle east.

I live in Pakistan, I know how it goes.

Good to know that America is not so progressive when ESPN asked fuudo to change R. Mika's costume for its viewers!

Really? I looked on PSN and in the game itself and only found the season passes and the battle costumes. But didn't find the story ones. Where can I find the story costumes to buy?

Have to beat a character's individual story to unlock their story costume for purchase.

JAXXX

Good to know that America is not so progressive when ESPN asked fuudo to change R. Mika's costume for its viewers!
play individual storymode to access them..
Try to buy them thru the internal Capcom store where you can use fight money. You will see a section for characters-stages.colors-costumes-ect. Go to the costumes section, pick the ones that you want and it will ask if you want to purchase w/ fight money or thru the psn store. proceed from there.

if this is a censorship issue, the female story costumes are as revealing,esp mika and laura so...
good luck?

Naar

Have to beat a character's individual story to unlock their story costume for purchase.

Try to buy them thru the internal Capcom store where you can use fight money. You will see a section for characters-stages.colors-costumes-ect. Go to the costumes section, pick the ones that you want and it will ask if you want to purchase w/ fight money or thru the psn store. proceed from there.

Yes I know that, but these are not my consoles (there is multiple consoles I have to do this for), this is for a tournament. I don't have time to play story mode for each character and then collect fight money and buy the costume.

So story costume only with fight money?

Yes I know that, but these are not my consoles (there is multiple consoles I have to do this for), this is for a tournament. I don't have time to play story mode for each character and then collect fight money and buy the costume.

So story costume only with fight money?

No, they can be purchased for $2 each.
But you do have to unlock them by playing the character stories first.

Naar

Ucchedavāda;233173186 said:
No, they can be purchased for $2 each.
But you do have to unlock them by playing the character stories first.

Ah ok I was just thinking that! And story mode is the one with 4 missions? So it is relatively quick to finish and can get some fight money as well and only buy certain costumes!

Thanks guys!

Vice

someone teach me how to fight laura as bison

please

before my stick gets thrown out a window
You have to challenge her. Standing mk, standing and couching heavy punch, elbows are all negative. Challenge her fireball charges from less than half screen with sweep or crouching mk.

She has trouble with Bisons crossup from close ranges.

Be careful with ex fireballs when she has meter. I noticed a lot of Bisons like to throw it out and dash up and I can ex throw through the fireball and grab them.

Ex devil's reverse and v-reversal to get out of bad situations.

If you see her doing a dash after a knock down press standing light kick. It's not positive unless it's a crush counter sweep.

It's a pretty bad matchup for Bison though if Laura plays at a more controlled pace, but you can mitigate some of the nuttier gimmicks.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think there might only be 4 other people playing the beta right now.

It'll be nice to go back to the real game after playing ranked on ultra hard mode.

mbpm1

I just wish it wasn't a CC. :(

I'm okay with it, i just wish the cc itself was more useful.

In fact I just wish her cc's were less clumsy in general. She doesn't get damage as is, don't need to add the risk of dropping a dash to get nothing

Sayad

I'm okay with it, i just wish the cc itself was more useful.

In fact I just wish her cc's were less clumsy in general. She doesn't get damage as is, don't need to add the risk of dropping a dash to get nothing
The dash is fine, you get used to getting ready to dash the moment you hear the CC sound everytime you press that button, we all did with Urien. :D

Sayad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";233178261]Kolin's fierce CC should really let her link the short dash punch.[/QUOTE]Or a sweep if you're in range.

Ok thanks. Hopefully we get a new character announcement

I doubt they'll reveal a character there. Might hint at it, might say when we'll get more information (read: probably in two weeks), and might announce a few more bits of content. I don't expect much else than DLC of things we already knew about, like Bison SF2 stage and nostalgia costumes.

Not that I'm angry about that or anything.

Femto.

I doubt they'll reveal a character there. Might hint at it, might say when we'll get more information (read: probably in two weeks), and might announce a few more bits of content. I don't expect much else than DLC of things we already knew about, like Bison SF2 stage and nostalgia costumes.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a character reveal next week, Kolin was announced within the first 10 days of February.

Pompadour

Is there another event this month they'd do it at or something? I guess one of the Eleague events.

Capcom played a Ken trailer to an audience at San Diego Comic-Con 2015. So, we can expect something similar here.

Oh shit. I forgot about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a character reveal next week, Kolin was announced within the first 10 days of February.

Yeah that sounds about right. We are about due for it by that point.

Is there another event this month they'd do it at or something? I guess one of the Eleague events.

Nah they'd probably just drop it on us randomly. Like 'here ya go" or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom