• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol this is good. I can kinda see what you're talking about too

At least someone does. I feel like people here don't get that every single person at our local sessions are at least diamond rank. Diamond isn't special, Diamond players are equal to people who got 2-2 at majors. They are just scrubs. My boy is trying to understand the metality of a player of those characters are at that level.

Xeteh

If "your boy" wants to improve then why would you come here looking for scrubs for him to play against? Shouldn't he be playing at your group full of CPT winners to get better? Why slum it with anyone here?

If "your boy" wants to improve then why would you come here looking for scrubs for him to play against? Shouldn't he be playing at your group full of CPT winners to get better? Why slum it with anyone here?

Since you don't understand already there is no reason for me to explain. The concept is beyond you.

The concept is beyond you.
4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

Vice

Being able to beat random players is probably more important than top players if you want to level up. Playing a wide variety of players of all skill levels is usually the best way to do that. Scrub-busting is why top players are so consistent, you get the wackiest players in pools and quite often they're local "killers" who have a hard to play against but not quite consistent playstyle. Training to beat Daigo doesn't mean anything when Goku187 knocks you out of pools. The more volatile the game the more important this is.

Honestly, high platinum to diamond level isn't that good. Most people I play with at locals are between mid-platinum and diamond and my scene isn't anything spectacular outside of a couple of players.

Village

Honestly, high platinum to diamond level isn't that good. Most people I play with at locals are between mid-platinum and diamond and my scene isn't anything spectacular outside of a couple of players.

Then help ya boi, because the highest I got was super silver.

Marvel

could never
I know the charge times aren't that different and it's mostly because I'm garbage, but man I'm able to pull off some sick shit with Urien that I wasn't able to do the last few weeks in this beta. I have no idea how I can transition back.
This is good to hear.

Rymuth

Hell nah, I'm loving SFV. Over 550 hours in and I have yet to be bored with the game. There's so much to learn and I'm just starting.

When I say I'm struggling, I mean I'm learning from the ground up because up until now I've been a casual fighting game fan who just played the CPU and moved on to other games. I've never even done more than a three hit combo in a fighting game before SFV, so I still have a lot of basic stuff to learn.
Sounds a lot like me. SFV is the first fighting game where I'm dabbling in online matches.

Yeah, turning the search to PC Only has made my experience better, although lately it doesn't seem to matter as much. The WonderCon thing is so far away. I hope they give us more nostalgia costumes.

This is good to hear.

It's a great OS to use. "Yeah dude the charge times are way different that's why I'm terrible right now" I got about four weeks to use that one.

Naar

Can I buy the story costumes with real money? I am being asked to cover up the ladies for a tournament I am doing and want the fastest way to buy the female costumes in SF V

MrCarter

Isn't there an event where some SF stuff gets announced on the 1st or 2nd?

Yep it's in Anaheim, California.

Moving right along, let’s talk about Street Fighter. The renowned fighting game series where you fight other human opponents mano a mano in a battle of endurance, mind games, and lots of smack talk, is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year! To celebrate such a momentous achievement, we will be hosting the Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Panel, on Saturday, April 1st (2:30pm – 3:30pm) in Room 300DE. We’ll be talking about the latest news surrounding this year-long celebration as well as updates on current and upcoming games, the Capcom Pro Tour, and more.

Come accept friendly fighting challenges at our booth and go hands-on with the upcoming Ultra Street Fighter II on Nintendo Switch, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Street Fighter V. We recommend spending some time practicing at home with that last one before the show, as we’re hosting tournaments on Saturday and Sunday with some awesome prizes! More details will be available at the booth.

b5d6223372b9d3b758ea1f5ef8e98902.jpg

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2017/03/29/capcom-at-wondercon-2017

Marvel

could never
Damn I can't wait to lv up muy Urien, can do some nice setups now in the lab under zero pressure but it will take some time before they are commited to muscle memory in a real match on the fly.

Ucchedavāda;233159742 said:
Also, wat?

I'm guessing tournament sponsored by a corporation/educational establishment in a country that's not so progressive, possibly in the middle east.

I live in Pakistan, I know how it goes.

They can't just be givin' out FM willy nilly. We're in an FM recession here. Karin had to give up buffs to provide the generous amount of FM they've already given out.

Marvel

could never
Vesper mentioned rollback being onsesided in a recent video with from Japan, U.S, Canada and elsewhere when they would take turns hosting.

myco666

Hell nah, I'm loving SFV. Over 550 hours in and I have yet to be bored with the game. There's so much to learn and I'm just starting.

When I say I'm struggling, I mean I'm learning from the ground up because up until now I've been a casual fighting game fan who just played the CPU and moved on to other games. I've never even done more than a three hit combo in a fighting game before SFV, so I still have a lot of basic stuff to learn.

Are you me? Pretty much coming from the same place and after a year I am still garbage lol.

Hey shit, I've been watching Group A/B/C/D and I didn't see anything about this D:

You need to watch it here.

Marvel

could never
I can't get fwrdMP to headbutt to save my life, I need it to to continue setups.

Hope it eventually clicks because even when it is explained on YT or whatever my mind just doesn't get it.

Skab

Switched to Laura. I just took a round off of an actual Laura player by just spamming s.mk.

Fuck this character.

Does Cammy air throw even work? It loses​ every single air to air I try to use it. I was better off using her jump normals instead.

Marvel

could never
Does Cammy air throw even work? It loses​ every single air to air I try to use it. I was better off using her jump normals instead.
I don't rely on it unless I score a cheeky HP after an EX divekick even that doesn't always work. Typically only use it with the target combo (EX it to end it flashy)

Against Laura, spacing is the biggest issue. I feel like you can keep her out a little easier than most but getting her off your shit once she's in is fucking hard. I usually space them out with P. Blasts and generally staying mid range while applying constant pressure. They'll spend v-gauge to keep you off them as you compound that grey damage, hopefully meaning you won't get put in a damn blender.

Edit: I forgot - v-reversal to stop her shit. A lot of Bison players will sit on that gauge when they don't have to take the bullshit. Reset the situation and get her off your shit.

Also, watch videos of pros dunking people to get general hints. Sometimes you can gleam some shit off them on what to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-spwjhYy5bk

HardRojo

someone teach me how to fight laura as bison

please

before my stick gets thrown out a window

Scissors, EX Devil's Reverse, cr.MP after every normal and make sure to take advantage of that stupid st.RH, spam it whenever you can. You win!

Yeah I'm fucking done with this game. Bye guys.
Do not let Laura get to you, just admit you're free to her, that's what I did because she's so stupid. Yeah, that st.MK is ridiculous and so are the thousand tools she has. You blocked? Well too bad, she has a thousand more options!

Marvel

could never
Yeah EX DR, MK, cMP, sHK and constant use of V-Reversal will help you out against her, Still BS though.

If someone doesn't have fun I would tell 'em to just stop or at least take a nice long break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom