• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the servers down right now?

They're open: https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/857408352501891072

Also:

Jfn9Due.jpg

Damn, since when has LTG been going to WNF? Also can someone fill me in on the lore of why WNF always so boring and quiet now? NLBC is so much better these days.

Constantly envying Rog's dash punch and looking back at his dash punch and sighing.

Wishing he could have as consistent oki.

Wishing he could just throw lariat out like st. rh and get those conversions.

Poor Alex
Armored EX slash elbow is a nice improvement over his 3S version. Of all the specials to feel bad about I'd say it's at the bottom imo. It could use frame one armor, though. His f.HP is also a great CC. I can honestly say that single move is the only reason I spend more time with him than I do with Karin. It feels good to have a CC that is so positive on block and hit. Crush counter combos with Karin in comparison are a bit harder to pull off consistently and don't do quite as much damage unless you have great execution.

Sayad

I like how neutral jumping was how you deal with Rog's unreactable dash punches but now he has by far the strongest tools in the game at dealing with far away neutral jumps.

Im so torn. Do i keep on maining guile who i clearly play best with for what ever reason (his move set and normals just clicks with me and has all the tools i like) or do i go back to mika again who is missing several tools i like, dont play as well with but find super fun.

Prob just forever flick back and forth between the two i guess.

I like how neutral jumping was how you deal with Rog's unreactable dash punches but now he has by far the strongest tools in the game at dealing with far away neutral jumps.
Oh no, it's ok he needs that screw upper to be a DP motion.

Else he can't deal with anyone neutral jumping a little further away from him.

/s

Im so torn. Do i keep on maining guile who i clearly play best with for what ever reason (his move set and normals just clicks with me and has all the tools i like) or do i go back to mika again who is missing several tools i like, dont play as well with but find super fun.

Prob just forever flick back and forth between the two i guess.
No need to pick favourites. Nothing wrong with having a main and a character in the pocket to bust out when you feel like it. Do the Du.

remz

Doing my " trying to use juri" rounds.

I need this woman to do more damage.

Those charge moves need to do 50% more damage

it's the schoolgirl costume... right?

I'm so much better as kolin than juri it isn't even funny and I'm pretty sure i've played 10x more juri than kolin

Village

it's the schoolgirl costume... right?

I'm so much better as kolin than juri it isn't even funny and I'm pretty sure i've played 10x more juri than kolin

No this happened about every couple months. I go " hey I like juri, she's cool and evil lets try this " and every time I leave going " welp that was a waste of time " the school girl costume is the catalyst this time. But in another few months it will be the same song and dance. Also yeah, while I can't say I played more kolin than Juri, i've played WAY more kolin than a lot of other characters. I played kolin for like an hour I was like " Yep this is how this character should function " With juri she just doesn't make sense.

Ok she doesn't do so much damage most of the? ok ok, then give me more movement options and more moves that moves the opponent. Give her a dive kick, make those charge moves really move the opponent across the screen. But if they don't want her to have more options, she needs to do more damage. Because of currently she doesn't in anyway justify the way she is. She doesn't do enough damage to justify her weird options. She isn't mobile enough to justify less damage or is she mixup centric like ibuki where she's confusing the hell out of you.

I feel like juri is a character capcom was, and is way to confident in. No change something, she is wack.

Juri was my main in SF4, I really liked her a lot in there. Haven't liked using her in 5 at all. She felt like a more solid character in 4 who could do a little bit of a variety of things, zone a little with her fireballs, rush in, could be a bit tricky with her teleport counter and dive kick. Really don't like what they've done with her. Though I don't mind too much, as I'll always have SF4 Juri, and I usually like maining different characters in different installments of a series.

It always saddens me when I start to get a winstreak online.

It's mainly because too damn many of my opponents just do stuff. Stuff that I figure out. Stuff that they just keep doing hoping that I somehow forgot.

Man I wish I could play with some high level competition. Even if I get bodied, at least it'll be fun to play against a person who plays smart.

It always saddens me when I start to get a winstreak online.

It's mainly because too damn many of my opponents just do stuff. Stuff that I figure out. Stuff that they just keep doing hoping that I somehow forgot.

Man I wish I could play with some high level competition. Even if I get bodied, at least it'll be fun to play against a person who plays smart.

For me I have a different problem. I will be playing someone and see there patern and stop them in their tracks. Then they flick a switch and become the most random YOLO ever and just catch me out. Its mostly Kens that are like this lol.

sephi22

Wait Juri is evil? I thought she was some tragic double agent who wanted to take down Bison and is a masochistic hero/antihero now.

Even if Juri is total trash I like how she plays in V so I stick with her

I generally don't even bother with her CA, I just use EX as much as possible

Village

She's morally dubious chun li. She's in it for her own ends.

She just wants revenge and to fuck some shit up. I'm with that, if only she did more fucking damage.

XenoRaven

She's morally dubious chun li. She's in it for her own ends.

She just wants revenge and to fuck some shit up. I'm with that, if only she did more fucking damage.
Keep this post in mind when they make LK pinwheel +2 on block and make HK pinwheel carry halfway to the corner.

Kolin is just one of those characters that I'd love to play but I know deep down I'll never be able to. She just requires too much "going in" for me. I just like to play defensive :(

I feel like "maybe I should just drop this character" and then I land a fucking EX counter and it's the BEST FUCKING FEELING IN THE WORLD. THAT DAMAGE.

Kolin is just one of those characters that I'd love to play but I know deep down I'll never be able to. She just requires too much "going in" for me. I just like to play defensive :(

I feel "maybe I should just drop this character" and then I land a fucking EX counter and it's the BEST FUCKING FEELING IN THE WORLD. THAT DAMAGE.

it's hands down the greatest move in the game

MrCarter

I asked why he's doing a 'state of' video specifically. Not why is he making SFV videos. If you're going to be doing an overall evaluation of the game, you should at least have minimal investment of playing it move than 3 times a year. Seeing how he doesn't play nor like the game, I asked why bother making a video about it. Not every criticism is some tinfoil conspiracy plot out to get your boy.

My thoughts exactly.

Thank Allah. If this wasn't caught on by us then this would have blown out of proportion to the point where there would have been pitchforks ready and waiting outside Capcom HQ. I'm glad they caught this early on (even though it shouldn't have happened in the first place) and are now trying to fix the audio.

Laura's theme is trash

Her theme shoulda been the Laura v. Ken track from Cinematic Story mode, which was way better.

Hillside Plaza is fire tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom