• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a character in this game who pulled out a gun and killed you in one hit, you'd still post about how people should just study or adapt.

Even if my post still laments shit with Capcom, you'd still cherry pick only the positive part of my post in order to shitpost.

I'd be more okay with TAP if Balrog was scaled. It's so goofy. Let him keep it. Just scale the overall damage down from his shit.

FluxWaveZ

Even if my post still laments shit with Capcom, you'd still cherry pick only the positive part of my post in order to shitpost.

Absolutely not. Damage is far from the only thing that's wrong with TAP.

1. Throw invincible on frame 1.
2. Hit invincible starting on lvl 4.
3. Hurtbox reels back like crazy, making it stuff out attacks in footsies and in jump-ins.
4. Neutral on block starting on lvl 3, plus starting on lvl 4.
5. Projectile invincible.
6. Cancelable into V-Trigger.
7. Long-ass range.

It is a crazy move in far more than just "scaling damage" could solve. You know this when even Smug has started abusing it.

Absolutely not. Damage is far from the only thing that's wrong with TAP.

1. Throw invincible on frame 1.
2. Hit invincible starting on lvl 4.
3. Hitbox reels back like crazy, making it stuff out attacks in footsies and in jump-ins.
4. Neutral on block starting on lvl 3, plus starting on lvl 4.
5. Projectile invincible.
6. Cancelable into V-Trigger.
7. Long-ass range.

It is a crazy move in far more than just "scaling damage" could solve. You know this when even Smug has started abusing it.

I was talking about Rog's overall damage.

Someone from the r/SF subreddit pointed this out. Ryu's new cr.hp animation in S2.1 isn't a new move!! It was in the original Capcom Cup gameplay debut for SFV: https://youtu.be/Ay-IUE6WlAo?t=53s

So this does lend further credence to the theory that the new moves they introduced in S2.1 were planned or supposed to be there originally or in S2 but they didn't add them because they weren't finished or because they decided against it last minute.

But I don't think TAP would be okay even if his overall damage was reduced. Its utility on its own means that the move itself needs to be affected in some way.

That's fair.

Getting tagged by a TAP into trigger wouldn't hurt so bad if it didn't lead to straight death. But then again, tagging him out of TAP should be easier.

At the same time, I don't want them to nerf it too much because I love goofy shit like this, which is why I always run to scaling overall damage down for Rog.

Fuck it

Make TAP charge faster

"Hey guys, Combofiend here. Didn't see enough TAPs going on so we are going to just give you level 8s for a second of charge. Rog wasn't feeling robust enough so this will help him out."

Someone from the r/SF subreddit pointed this out. Ryu's new cr.hp animation in S2.1 isn't a new move!! It was in the original Capcom Cup gameplay debut for SFV: https://youtu.be/Ay-IUE6WlAo?t=53s

So this does lend further credence to the theory that the new moves they introduced in S2.1 were planned or supposed to be there originally or in S2 but they didn't add them because they weren't finished or because they decided against it last minute.

IIRC, FANG had a new move or something listed in the S2 Beta but never got implemented. I think they weren't done so only a few characters got neat shit.

Poor FANG.

lol, you edited that in after I already replied. My point still stands though.

I wasn't finished with my post and put it up, then went back like a minute later to add the rest in. I didn't even see your post until afterwards.

You always get so irritated when I post up stuff like this. Like, dude. Relax.

While I still don't think that the character is being taken in a direction that I enjoy, I think FANG is gonna be a real fun character in S2.1

With the combination of the poison, the white life nerf, and now this st.hp buff, you're gonna have to block a whole lot of medium and heavy moves, eat a lot of chip damage, and not have any of that grey damage be coming back any time soon. I don't think it even benefits Bison as much as it does FANG.

FANG's meaty game is gonna be real scary now. cr.mk which is +3 oB into st.hp which is 7-frames cancelled into light ryobenda is now a dangerous proposition if you're poisoned. Nevermind the fact that you can still shimmy effectively after the cr.mk, do a throw if you're close enough and still beat out mid-string DPs or even parries with the st.lp which is 4-frames and combos into the st.hp on CH.

3-framers will still have a bit of an advantage since the st.hk is not that scary but moves like coward's crouch kick and cr.mk are still a scary proposition since there are also easy ways to get CHs even if you have a 3-frame jab.

TacosNSalsa

Just walked in from NLBC . After spending quite a bit of time there and playing as many people as I could I learned some thing about myself!

1. I'm , for some strange reason, infinitely more comfortable playing someone sitting next to me than online from my own house..

2. I'm considerably better than I give myself credit for.... :)

3. ...I'm still butt booty cheeks in the grand scheme of things pertaining to SFV :-(

I think I found a new addiction ...just wish that trip into Brooklyn wasn't so expensive..

MCD250

Just walked in from NLBC . After spending quite a bit of time there and playing as many people as I could I learned some thing about myself!

1. I'm , for some strange reason, infinitely more comfortable playing someone sitting next to me than online from my own house..

2. I'm considerably better than I give myself credit for.... :)

3. ...I'm still butt booty cheeks in the grand scheme of things pertaining to SFV :-(

I think I found a new addiction ...just wish that trip into Brooklyn wasn't so expensive..
Ain't no feeling like going one on one against somebody in a fighting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom