• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
I switched to a fight stick a year ago and swore i was better for it. Now i have switched back to ds4 pad and i sware im.better with it than the stick lol. Its odd. I think as long as you can get used to it a dpad is faster and easier than a stick and the buttons require less travel so timing can be easier.

It prob just depends what your used to really. I guess thats why the old timers all use sticks and the new blood all seem to use ds4.
Yeah, I am used to a pad only. But struggling a little with the off and on numbness in my thumb. Makes the dpad a bitch to use for blocking. When I am ill I jump constantly like a jackrabbit to avoid taking dmg as I just can't feel where the fuck the block is lol

Tried a stick a while back on SF4, didn't like it at all but I wasn't ill back then. Thinking a stick with a ball on top is a bigger thing to grab and it has a variety of ways in which to move it (side of hand, wrist etc)

Yeah, I am used to a pad only. But struggling a little with the off and on numbness in my thumb. Makes the dpad a bitch to use for blocking. When I am ill I jump constantly like a jackrabbit to avoid taking dmg as I just can't feel where the fuck the block is lol

Tried a stick a while back on SF4, didn't like it at all but I wasn't ill back then. Thinking a stick with a ball on top is a bigger thing to grab and it has a variety of ways in which to move it (side of hand, wrist etc)

Could certainly help. What about a hitbox? Keeps the speed of a dpad pretty much but prob take a while to adjust to.

Marvel

could never
Could certainly help. What about a hitbox? Keeps the speed of a dpad pretty much but prob take a while to adjust to.
Yeah could maybe try one of those for sure. While I laughed at Gootecks switching to one for that trny it got me thinking that maybe I should experiment. Just incase.

C-i28ZeU0AEtF0l.jpg

Balance changes Nash needs

3f St.LK. Every character who doesn't have a 3f move should a least have a 3f normal(J.LP doesn't count for obvious reason). I don't understand Capcom's intention of not giving everyone a 3f normal in V.

Make EX Genocide 6f to 5f start up. But make V-Trigger ground go from 0 OB to -2.

Sonic Break should have less push back and a bit more hit stun so he can combo it into Jab.

Decrease the push back on the jab in Rapid Punch TC. Mp has the tendency to whiff after doing the moonsault rapid punch TC.

Revert Cr.MP nerf. Does Capcom hate Nash enough to be the only character in the SF universe to die?

Revert Jump in normals nerf? Again why does Capcom hate Nash?

Neutral J.HK can juggle into medium tragedy assault.

Playing as Nash has been a struggle in S2. I went from "Cammy and Ken ain't that big of a deal" to "Why can these character mash the same button over and over?"

Raitaro

How things are going the remaining characters will be
Azam
Dhalism cop buddy
Taylor

Season 3
Gill
Abel
Decapre
Viper
Oro
Sakura

How about Sean? He was very prominent in the story mode as well. Him and Oro would be my two primary choices for season 3.

I do agree about the rest of your list. It seems likely that the cinematic story mode is used as a big source for future DLC indeed.

Perhaps they won't actually include Peter the cop though even if most here seem to like him (ironically?). Decapre can also stay away as far as I'm concerned as I don't need another Cammy looking fighter when those other dolls have more interesting visual designs.

How about Sean? He was very prominent in the story mode as well. Him and Oro would be my two primary choices for season 3.

I do agree about the rest of your list. It seems likely that the cinematic story mode is being a big source for future DLC.

Perhaps they won't actually include Peter the cop though even if most here seem to like him (ironically?). Decapre can also stay away as far as I'm concerned as I don't need another Cammy looking fighter when those other dolls have more interesting visual designs.

I meant the cop that dhalsim was teaching to breathe fire. Peter the cop would be awful. I forgot about Sean. I have no interest in Abel or Sakura. decapre was pretty cool besides looking exactly like Cammy, but it's always interesting to see new variations on old characters even though it's bound to upset some people.

Characters I wanna see for Season 3:

E.Honda (Is anyone surprised here?)
Sagat
Sakura
Oro
Decapre
Old character with a new movelist, preferably Sodom

Sagat
Sakura
Oro
Decapre

Hmm Honda would be cool if they made him a real character. He is so bland. I would like to see a revamped Honda.
Sakura is such a trash character meant to cater to sick pervs keep her in the trash can.

I just want Makoto.

Maki would be a nice bonus.

Lore wise, where is Sagat? What happened to him?
There was something I remember of Rashid using some faux-Twitter and someone tweeting that Sagat was in seclusion in a mountain or something. Lemme see if I can find it.

Edit: Here we go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYVSS0OUvk#t=3m18s Abel posts "Found Sagat, former member of the Shadaloo kings. What's he doing here deep in the mountains..."

So apparently Kolin can counter Birdie's chain grab......

And Juri get's hit by the banana/soda can if she tries to v-skill through it even if the v-skill is fully charged.

gRVfJNj.png

I just want Makoto.

Maki would be a nice bonus.

There was something I remember of Rashid using some faux-Twitter and someone tweeting that Sagat was in seclusion in a mountain or something. Lemme see if I can find it.

Edit: Here we go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYVSS0OUvk#t=3m18s Abel posts "Found Sagat, former member of the Shadaloo kings. What's he doing here deep in the mountains..."
Ok so he's just doing his thing, finding himself. The ending of SFIV jives with this then after he discovers that it isn't Ryu he is trying to defeat all this time but something deeper he's trying to find.

I expect him to be absolutely nuts (and by that I mean different/evolved) if he returns in SFV.

Ok so he's just doing his thing, finding himself. The ending of SFIV jives with this then after he discovers that it isn't Ryu he is trying to defeat all this time but something deeper he's trying to find.

I expect him to be absolutely nuts (and by that I mean different/evolved) if he returns in SFV.

They
tried to
make Akuma look like a lion.

Will they actually go for it and make Sagat LOOK like a tiger?

Village

Hmm Honda would be cool if they made him a real character. He is so bland. I would like to see a revamped Honda.
Sakura is such a trash character meant to cater to sick pervs keep her in the trash can.

I like sakura because she's cool and taught herself how to do fucking hadokens in a shorter amount of time than ken and ryu. And to charge them shits. And just watched martial artists and was able to replicate them, and then went around the world to do her own thing.

The only thing I don't like about sakura is the school girl outfit, if she ditched that she would be perfect.

Pompadour

Sagat
Sakura
Oro
Decapre

I'd be fine with Honda never returning but there's worse characters, I guess. Speaking of which, I know there's fans of Honda, Blanka, and Dee Jay but is anyone a fan of T. Hawk? The only cool thing about him is his command throw.

Sagat and Sakura are characters that are likely future additions so I'm fine with them.

Oro would be a great addition. They could make his VT unsealing his other arm which would in turn transform his EX moves into supers that burn the rest of the VT bar (so he'd have all his EX supers).

Decapre is boring but I know she has fans. I'd be fine with her if every season had a 7th half-clone character like Evil Ryu, Sean, etc.

My picks for a Season 3:

1. Dudley
2. Cody
3. Q
4. Oro
5. Sodom
6. Maki

I'd be fine with Honda never returning but there's worse characters, I guess. Speaking of which, I know there's fans of Honda, Blanka, and Dee Jay but is anyone a fan of T. Hawk? The only cool thing about him is his command throw.

Sagat and Sakura are characters that are likely future additions so I'm fine with them.

Oro would be a great addition. They could make his VT unsealing his other arm which would in turn transform his EX moves into supers that burn the rest of the VT bar (so he'd have all his EX supers).

Decapre is boring but I know she has fans. I'd be fine with her if every season had a 7th half-clone character like Evil Ryu, Sean, etc.

My picks for a Season 3:

1. Dudley
2. Cody
3. Q
4. Oro
5. Sodom
6. Maki
Dudley
Elena
Dee Jay
Eagle
Sagat
Adon

Sakura
Dan
Evil Ryu
Sagat
ONI
Decapre

For me.

Isnt thay like 5 shotos?

I know it cant happen but i want ex characters

Slullomamia
Darun
Garuda
D.dark
C.jack
Kairi

I am legit interested in that not sf ex game that got put out as an april fools / not april fools.

If i wanted existing main line sf characters it would prob be:

Sagat
Blanka (yeah i still like him)
E honda
Fei long
Poison
E. Honda

I like the idea of having all the cast from sf2 in there.

Village

Existing SF people I want back Real bad ( that excludes final fight )

Viper
Sakura
Sagat
Q
Sean
Remy

Final FIght Duders who are so cool, it wouldn't be fair to list them with the others

Hugo ( my son)
Cody
Guy
Maki
Rolento
Poison

Blanka and sagat should stay in the trash where they belong

If I get raked over the coals for calling Alex garbage, you are gonna get DESTROYED for calling Sagat trash.

Though Blanka is trash, no one disagrees with you on that. Even the people who want him back accept this fact.

I would have bet money that Blanka was going to make season one DLC.

I'm very surprised he hasn't shown up yet. I expect him and Sagat for season three.

MCD250

I think they should do a season pass that has one fan favorite rep from each series.

-Sagat from II.
-Sakura from Alpha.
-I dunno. Some weirdo from III. Maybe Makoto.
-Viper from IV.
-Cody (or maybe Haggar) from Final Fight.
-New character.

Super safe compared to S2's Akuma and all new characters (which I still think was pretty bold/crazy of them to do), but hey. Sometimes giving the people what they want is nice.

Pompadour

I would have bet money that Blanka was going to make season one DLC.

I'm very surprised he hasn't shown up yet. I expect him and Sagat for season three.

I would have bet Sakura, Sagat, and Akuma would have been Season 1. Also, who would have bet Season 2 was going to have only one returning character?

Metalmarc

Hi hope its okay to ask here, havent been following this game properly cos a bit of negativity that surrounded it when it came out, but i wanna buy this on sale on psn, am i reading right that i can buy just the base game and unlock all dlc charachters including season 2 free by grinding through the game?

Not bothered by stages and costumes, or is it really hard to unlock all stuff like would it take a long time to unlock? Someone basically said dont bother trying to unlock as id have to put thousands of hours in just to unlock them all

Will be playing single player and multiplayer at home, online not so much
Lthanks guys.

Hi hope its okay to ask here, havent been following this game properly cos a bit of negativity that surrounded it when it came out, but i wanna buy this on sale on psn, am i reading right that i can buy just the base game and unlock all dlc charachters including season 2 free by grinding through the game?

Not bothered by stages and costumes, or is it really hard to unlock all stuff like would it take a long time to unlock? Someone basically said dont bother trying to unlock as id have to put thousands of hours in just to unlock them all

Will be playing single player and multiplayer at home, online not so much
Lthanks guys.

There is a guide for FM in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom