• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

Does CountBlack have a source? Or just repeating what others have said?

I think Alucard was the first to say Ed isn't next. I believe he said it on the same day of leak according to the guys on UltraChen.

Blueblur1

Abigail's birthday is in October. I wonder if he'll be released then?

(Hey, my Kolin birthday theory turned out to be true after all. lol)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Does anyone else here just play casuals? I find ranked a bit too stressful. :p

Ever since I hit Ultra Silver I've been playing casuals only because I'm finally able to fight lots of Gold players without the garbage roulette of using battle lounge. Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't using their mains so it's not as good practice as I hoped it would be. Once in a while I get destroyed, though.

Even though it's not always challenging enough, I like the lack of stakes when I'm not feeling my sharpest, and it also means I don't have to give any fucks when the connection is bad or people don't rematch or whatever.

stn

I'm thinking about picking up a real secondary character in this game after Cammy. My choices are:

Necalli
Karin
Chun Li

It also happens to be the case that I have a ton of costumes for these characters too! Lol
Chun-Li. If only because she plays most differently from Cammy compared to the other characters.

Bigg_Oggy

Does anyone else here just play casuals? I find ranked a bit too stressful. :p
Once I stopped caring about points it became less stressful. I'm even taking my secondaries into ranked to test how good (or bad) I am with them. Just have to make sure not to drop back into ultra gold or else I lose the ability the play platinum to master.

Did we say Ed? ..we meant.. .. Ned.

Simpsons cross over??

giphy.gif

Ucchedavāda;235387543 said:
Are you suggesting that Capcom edited the release schedule?

While all the characters are technically content locked, I don't believe they'd change release order just cause unintentional copy went out on a product description for the CPT Bundle. That would make them have to create a new build with the characters swapped. Makes no sense.

None of the silhouettes look like Ed. The one beside Kolin is a buff dude in a coat. So unless Ed got some Muscle Milk from Balrog, something fishy is going on.

Count is fucking with you guys.

It wouldn't make any sense for them to pull a character outta the build they have set.

Also

tfw you pressure a Boxer as Bison so much he has to use his v-reversals and block his overhead on reaction when he finally triggers.

4494217_o.gif

I'm going to stop this night on that high.

Remember when Capcom said their balance philosophy was to try and buff the lower tiers before nerfing the top tiers?

Good times.

Remember when Capcom announced this crazy new currency called Zenny?

Good times.

Remember when Capcom announced this crazy new mode called Extra Battle?

Good times.
You brining up old wounds luce...

I can't take it.

mbpm1

I trust count, he knows how to pick bonita

Also fuck this game but getting better is just enough to hook me back in consistently

Edzi

I've been playing Ranked again and it's boggling my mind how utterly useless v-reversals are. Like... I can't fathom why they put this mechanic in the game if they were going to make it so shitty.

Here's SFV's reaction to every style of character I like/how I like to play:

Here's SFV's reaction to every style of character I like/how I like to play:

• I like to play grounded.

• I like to play defensively.

• I like to play keepaway with characters that aren't Guile.

• I try to break out of pressure situations.

• I don't like doing random moves, I try to play calculated.

• I like to play reactively.

5fb06cc63a3564e2e2903576fafdc0b9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom