• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not at all a coincidence that the two fighting games out there with PC+Console crossplay are the two games which are only on the one console.

I would L-O-V-E to see this happen for more fighting games but it's not the fault of the developers/publishers.

MrCarter

I don't think we'll get any new characters next season and to be honest I don't want any. I really think Season 3 needs to be all returning characters.

I certainly think they will be. We might even get one this year...

After watching the last Tekken 7 trailer, i feel like blowing up with Napalm the whole Capcom company and sell the game immediately.

But still, SF fanboys will keep on purchasing 37 Chun-Li costumes at 6.00$ each.

ab316e60ac60c4d0bd36d13742b0c9ee.gif

Street Fighter V has good netcode, ehh levels of customization which you have to pay through the nose for most of, total of 3 online modes, survival mode and a good roster.

To be fair, SFV has a way of obtaining characters via Fight Money and has cross-play, which is one of the most crucial ways of keeping a community of players alive and together. As for T7, I love the tourney mode, but I think they could have included a lot more stuff (like team battle, time attack, versus etc) considering how long it's been in development.

Skilletor

After watching the last Tekken 7 trailer, i feel like blowing up with Napalm the whole Capcom company and sell the game immediately.

But still, SF fanboys will keep on purchasing 37 Chun-Li costumes at 6.00$ each.

That's what happens when you take 4 years to put a game out on consoles after its arcade release.

(Yes, 4 years is sarcasm...I know it hasn't been that long, it's just felt like it.)

Freaking Injustice 2's confirmed to have a notification/announcement system to inform you of upcoming events and tournaments. The game with an ACTUAL Pro Tour doesn't have this after 15 months of being released.

I'm just talking like a tournament mode like Tekken's. With a losers bracket option available too.

Like how you run CPT tournaments and don't even have a tournament mode available. SSF4 had it ready within like.. 6 months of release maybe?

I know they haven't even commented on it but goddamn

I'm just talking like a tournament mode like Tekken's. With a losers bracket option available too.

Like how you run CPT tournaments and don't even have a tournament mode available. SSF4 had it ready within like.. 6 months of release maybe?

I know they haven't even commented on it but goddamn
I believe that tournament mode is only for online play? Still though, Capcom does have online tournaments too, they should have made this a priority.

I could be wrong. In the latest stream of TEKKEN TALK, they did show that the offline versus mode had a "tournament" option where matches are defaulted to 3/5 rounds which is the Tekken standard.

I believe that tournament mode is only for online play? Still though, Capcom does have online tournaments too.

I could be wrong. In the latest stream of TEKKEN TALK, they did show that the offline versus mode had a "tournament" option where matches are defaulted to 3/5 rounds which is the Tekken standard.

Yea I meant for online.

Maybe by 2027 we'll have nice things :(

MrCarter

Tournament mode is one thing I'd love to have in SFV. Hopefully it can reward you a lot of FM judging by which position you came in the tourney.

MrCarter

Freaking Injustice 2's confirmed to have a notification/announcement system to inform you of upcoming events and tournaments. The game with an ACTUAL Pro Tour doesn't have this after 15 months of being released.

Wait. Don't they do that with premier events? I get these messages sometimes when I boot up SFV saying there are tourneys taking place with a twitch link to Capcom Fighters.

Plus it seems counter-productive to tell people who boot up the game "Hey we know you wanna play but there's this tournament going on, go watch it!"

They should tell you about it beforehand, or have a dedicated section where you can get news of upcoming/ongoing events.

Wait. Don't they do that with premier events? I get these messages sometimes when I boot up SFV saying there are tourneys taking place with a twitch link to Capcom Fighters.

It was data mined before the game came out with the announcer saying upcoming tournaments.. guess the idea was canned or maybe apart of the new CFN?

Yes, how dare you want to play people more on your level, or want to play people stronger than you.

I'd like to have the choice between playing that Diamond Bison for the fifth time who spams EX Devil's reverse, OR that Platinum Ken player who legit tries to play footsies and generally plays grounded and stable.

Boosting is probably a bigger issue in SFV due to the FM system and not just choosing people to fight. People would be doing it for the cash, not just the ranking. The same kinda goes for Tournament Mode. Collusion, baby! Unless they boot out people on your friends list or something.

Or just don't have them earn FM in that mode. That could work.

First and foremost, they need to get this CFN right.

MrCarter

It was data mined before the game came out with the announcer saying upcoming tournaments.. guess the idea was canned or maybe apart of the new CFN?

I know they do the notifications for some events before you go into the game (which makes sense as people might go straight to playing or forget the event they wanted to watch was on) but the announcement stuff is DOA.

Why is it a problem that you have to accept matches against people blindly?

Have you ever been matched against someone from a different hemisphere like Brazil or in Asia and have no choice but to fight them? Or be matched someone who is in the same country and have a slow internet because the live in the rural?

Lulubop

Is Nemo not taking SFV seriously? I remember him tweeting something about being interested in an Eleague, but for Marvel I.

When is John gonna come and buddy Punk?

Is Nemo not taking SFV seriously? I remember him tweeting something about being interested in an Eleague, but for Marvel I.

When is John gonna come and buddy Punk?

Nah, he was recently in a tournament like two weeks ago and reguarly posts about Urien tech. For whatever reason, he doesn't travel.

Also, interesting note, it was a Ryu that knocked his ass out of the tournament, IIRC. Good fight, too.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Have you ever been matched against someone from a different hemisphere like Brazil or in Asia and have no choice but to fight them? Or be matched someone who is in the same country and have a slow internet because the live in the rural?

Nobody has had this problem as much as you have. I see non-US/Canada flags fairly often, but usually if they were 5 bar matches they work as I'd expect 5 bar matches to work.

myco666

Sometimes but not often enough for it to matter. I take that over people boosting ranks and avoiding certain MUs.

Village

Sometimes but not often enough for it to matter. I take that over people boosting ranks and avoiding certain MUs.

I don't give a fuck about people boosting, I just want good connections. The hell does boosting mean to me anyway, if someone is boosting and finds me, and they aren't up to snuff, they are gonna get bodied, I get points.

Nobody has had this problem as much as you have. I see non-US/Canada flags fairly often, but usually if they were 5 bar matches they work as I'd expect 5 bar matches to work.

That's a lie

I know numerous people who dread match ups from brazil, In multiple fighting games.

myco666

I don't give a fuck about people boosting, I just want good connections. The hell does boosting mean to me anyway, if someone is boosting and finds me, and they aren't up to snuff, they are gonna get bodied, I get points.

I can have pretty much constantly good connections if I set matchmaking to 5-bars. Not to mention that I almost never have to deal with the same person twice in a row unless I play early in the morning. Like I don't really get what being able to see the name and the flag (that the player can choose themself) before match does to have a better experience. As long as the bar indicator doesn't lie (which it does now) there isn't a problem.

As for boosting, I would like to ranks actually mean something instead of being totally arbitary. Nothing better than going through replays of highest ranking players only to get videos of people spamming HK.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's a lie

I know numerous people who dread match ups from brazil, In multiple fighting games.

It's not a lie that ZG complains about this issue constantly and it's rarely mentioned by anyone else in this thread. My point wasn't that connections from other countries are just fine, my point was that ZG seems to suffer this indignity with incredible frequency compared to the rest of us. Maybe it happens to us all equally and ZG talks about it way more than we do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just an example of how crappy this netcode can be at times, playing a friend getting rollback from him, he's lives 6 miles away, (we usually have smooth matches) on this day i am getting rollback from him as though he's a PS4 WIFI user, this fucker is downloading Zelda:BoTW(F N Pirate) and I am getting punished, how does that make sense? in almost every damn online game ever played when you using your internet do to other things and play online at the same time it effects your game, but not SFV, it's punishes the person doing nothing wrong..

Village

It's not a lie that ZG complains about this issue constantly and it's rarely mentioned by anyone else in this thread. My point wasn't that connections from other countries are just fine, my point was that ZG seems to suffer this indignity with incredible frequency compared to the rest of us. Maybe it happens to us all equally and ZG talks about it way more than we do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe?

I guess we are all used to capcapom now

WHENS ED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom