• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good games earlier this morning, Vulva. I don't know what direction you plan to go in, but Cammy seems like your best bet going forward. I could tell it was still early, but I think your Cammy shows a lot of promise. Her spin knuckle is really hard to deal with at first. It wasn't even on my radar up until now. That right there feels like a good v-skill. The backdashing game during those sets was also hilarious. Strangest wakeup game I've experienced in any fighter lol.

Does anyone else here just play casuals? I find ranked a bit too stressful. :p

Me. I play ranked till im at a level where i feel i have good competition for me. Currently thats silver. If i get to the point i feel i am bored because i need to fight better people i will go into ranked again till im there.

I like casual because i dont have to care so much if:
Its laggy
They dont run me back
They rage quit
The connection drops
I lose
I want to use another character

If they ever get battle lounges to a place where they dont suck for me i would prob just play that to be honest.

I just wanna have fun. I have been getting better since release doing this. I also like to play as other characters now and then and have breaks so if i did play ranked obsessively i would get to a point i wouldnt want to do those things due to worrying about my rank or get destroyed in casuals.

I even set it so that in game i cant see their rank or position. I only see it on the vs and rematch screens.

The plus side of doing this at silver is that there seems to be a lot of players who seem to switch on ranked and casual and just play both so they are using their mains or people doing what i am doing. Got to silver and just sticking with casuals. Seems like a good spot for people who play enough to understand how the game works but dont have the time, skill or will to take it more seriously.

Hyun Sai

Yeah, I reached Gold in Ranked and switched to casuals / lobby.

If I had the time, desire and location to be able to go to tournaments, I would stay in ranked all day though to get used to the pressure and more competitive opponents.

But that won't ever happen now, so I'll always be in the "no stress" modes ^^.

Here's SFV's reaction to every style of character I like/how I like to play:

• I like to play grounded.

• I like to play defensively.

• I like to play keepaway with characters that aren't Guile.

• I try to break out of pressure situations.

• I don't like doing random moves, I try to play calculated.

• I like to play reactively.

It's all about OS tech

Who else has been stuck in super platinum forever? Got in and then Nier and Persona came out and I feel like I keep grinding but don't get better.

Who else has been stuck in super platinum forever? Got in and then Nier and Persona came out and I feel like I keep grinding but don't get better.

Similar situation, only in Ultra Platinum.

Certainly doesn't help that most of the people I face are either laggy Cammy's that don't give you any room to breath or Bisons that EX Devil's Reverse every chance they get.

Certainly doesn't help that most of the people I face are either laggy Cammy's that don't give you any room to breath or Bisons that EX Devil's Reverse every chance they get.

Pretty much. Every time I came close to Ultra Plat, that one player with "5" bars comes in a ruin everything. Now im sitting at 12400Lp and waiting for the CFN "update" to come out.

How funny would it be if they just kept us in the dark - like we found out the new character the day of the beta by just opening up the client? LOL. I dunno, that idea cracks me up.

It's coming the 11th so surely they'll reveal the character before then. Or they'll just let the beta speak for itself and save the 20 bucks they'd spend making a trailer.
You don't even need 20 bucks to make a trailer.

Garrett Hawke made one for Alex within like 2 hours of the patch being released.
How funny would it be if they just kept us in the dark - like we found out the new character the day of the beta by just opening up the client? LOL. I dunno, that idea cracks me up.

Bandai Namco did a collaboration with NJPW.

Capcom can do one with the WWE.

2a1.gif

It would be more realistic that they meant to reveal him later but just forgot to disable him in the beta.

According to Capcom, people are more unhappy with the loading time than the netcode, lack if region filter, bar connection being misleading , accepting matches by random people without knowing who they are.

Or any of the real issues. My exiciment for MVC:I dwindled. These aren't even fixes, just minor improvements with the only changes being the server.

HardRojo

According to Capcom, people are more unhappy with the loading time than the netcode, lack if region filter, bar connection being misleading , accepting matches by random people without knowing who they are.

Or any of the real issues. My exiciment for MVC:I dwindled. These aren't even fixes, just minor improvements with the only changes being the server.
Actually they got it right with me, those are the reasons I'm unhappy with playing online. If all 4-5 bars are actually 4-5 bars then I'm sure most of my matches will be fine.

Bob White

God...I just cannot get out of ultra plat. I mean, it seems like I can't get better. I WANT to get better but am totally at the "should I stop using cammy? pick someone else?" point. And what makes things worse is when you fight a high ranked ryu who pushes your shit in, leaving you feeling like ass.

lol, I started a smurf with ryu to try and help me with basics and to stop with the cammy crutch. I swear, her back mp lets me play footies SO confidently that, when I dont have it, I regress so hard it's not even funny.

...in other news. RYU IS ASS. About to hit platinum with him and...fuck. He really needs help. But that's another post.

myco666

Sounds exactly what Capcom would do tbh.

Why is it a problem that you have to accept matches against people blindly?

Skilletor

So you're going to play it forever, then?

SUPARSTARX

It's upsetting to think that we're not getting any additional classic characters until next year.

Are people happy with Kolin so far?

MrCarter

It's upsetting to think that we're not getting any additional classic characters until next year.

The people who seem to resonate with her find her fun. Check out AutoMattock on Twitch, he has an abundance of videos and tutorials on her tech. As for no classic characters yet, I think it's refreshing we have newcomers and it gives a chance for Capcom to be creative (like with Kolin) with new play styles and move sets. Now just waiting for that Ed reveal...

LakeEarth

I really want Q and Oro in this game, but I'm totally cool with a season of all-new characters because while they aren't always winners (Rufus), sometimes they strike oil (Hakan).

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
if they're gonna bring back more old characters as dlc (which seems likely) it's probably better to start with much requested fan favorites like sagat and sakura before getting into strange shit like Q or Oro imo. I'd rather see new characters tho, just in general.

I'm actually looking forward to another ninja style character who isn't Ibuki. Not sure if it will be Satsuki but we shall see.

I'd really like to see a ninja type character who wasn't nimble, but instead relied on some sort of iaido style attacks or counters and reversals – but given that SFV could probably stand to have more characters that are quick on their feet, and Kolin having counters, it might not be the best direction to go in atm.

Pompadour

I really want Q and Oro in this game, but I'm totally cool with a season of all-new characters because while they aren't always winners (Rufus), sometimes they strike oil (Hakan).

While that's true I think Capcom, starting with 4, has released a lot of bad brand new characters. The silver lining is that the five brand new characters we got so far in V I think are all genuinely good. I'd say the good characters from 4 are Abel, Viper, Juri, and Hakan whereas Seth, Rufus, and El Fuerte are garbage (I don't count Gouken, Oni, Decapre, or Poison as new as they either existed already or are an extension of a pre-existing character).

Skilletor

We've already got 6 new characters with...4 more still to come. At the end of this season we'll be at 10 new characters for the franchise.

I think that's a good time to go back to some legacy characters.

MrCarter

Oh yes. Q and Oro HAVE to be in this game. Excited to see what Oro's trigger might be.

I'd love that if they went the opposite route of what we all expect from Oro

Instead of having Oro be a one-armed fighter who pulls out his second arm in his V-Trigger, have him be a two-armed fighter who puts one arm away when he's in V-Trigger.

I think she's an incredibly well designed character. She really is able to show off the V-system better than other characters, and a counter based character that relies more on stun output than damage output is a good idea to me.

She just needs a few changes/buffs to really be a worthwhile character in the competitive scene.

We've already got 6 new characters with...4 more still to come. At the end of this season we'll be at 10 new characters for the franchise.

Depends how you look at it. Kolin isn't technically new, just playable for the first time. I quite like that way of doing it. I'm very happy with how she turned out and think a season of newcomers is cool but I do hope they have the classic season next year with Sagat, Sakura etc.

Naarmight

10? I guess you are counting 6 characters in the 2nd season pass, forgetting it was Akuma first, so 9? Still a lot though. I am just shocked Sagat has not arrived, I am sure he will be first for Season 3, in fact it would make sense if it was something like this:
Sagat (SF)
E. Honda (SF2)
Rose (SFA)
Gill (SF3)
C. Viper (SF4)
New Character (SF5)

That said I was sure we were going to get another blog update from Capcom today, and an Ed trailer seemed the most likely update. I should stop getting my hopes up with Capcom.

Skilletor

10? I guess you are counting 6 characters in the 2nd season pass, forgetting it was Akuma first, so 9? Still a lot though. I am just shocked Sagat has not arrived, I am sure he will be first for Season 3, in fact it would make sense if it was something like this:
Sagat (SF)
E. Honda (SF2)
Rose (SFA)
Gill (SF3)
C. Viper (SF4)
New Character (SF5)

That said I was sure we were going to get another blog update from Capcom today, and an Ed trailer seemed the most likely update. I should stop getting my hopes up with Capcom.

My bad. Looked it up on Wiki and they already included Ed in the count, so you're right. :)

9 new characters after S2. Still a good amount of new characters for this entry, and I think bringing back fan favorites would be a good way to start off S3.

They're right.

I don't want a system where you can pick and chose your opponents in ranked.
Defeats the entire purpose.

Netcode isn't a major issue for me. Works great for most of my matches.

Scotia

Banned
I don't think we'll get any new characters next season and to be honest I don't want any. I really think Season 3 needs to be all returning characters.

JimiHazel

Banned
After watching the last Tekken 7 trailer, i feel like blowing up with Napalm the whole Capcom company and sell the game immediately.

But still, SF fanboys will keep on purchasing 37 Chun-Li costumes at 6.00$ each.

Injustice 2 has fantastic netcode, insane levels of visual customization, various online modes, actual things to do in single player and a large roster.

Tekken 7 has great netcode (if it's anything like TTT2), insane levels of visual customization, various online modes (THAT TOURNAMENT MODE BAW GAWD), actual things to do in single player and a large roster.

Street Fighter V has good netcode, ehh levels of customization which you have to pay through the nose for most of, total of 3 online modes, survival mode and a good roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom