• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

Ed's outfit is growing on me. Little hat and emo hair is whatever but the outfit is great.

WcTNnfY.png

MechaX

Ken is pretty popular the lower you go. In bronze leagues i would fight him all the time. I just hang in silver now playing casual match and i still have to fight him somewhat often but nothing like when in bronze.

Its because you can go fucking nuts with ken and against people learning the basics it works. In silver where people tend to at least understand how the game works (just other things bring us down like reactions, timing, match up knowledge etc) he is more just annoying that anything else. Silver league kens have learned the ability to slow it down and the as they get beat switch on the crazy to catch you off guard. Its annoying but only if i lose because i know i shouldn't have. Normally if i lose to a ken is a string of unlucky guesses.

I would suggest try slowing him down. I assume the kens do a lot of dragon punches and heavy tatsus. Go into training and practise a counter to tatsu and a good crush counter combo off a missed dragon punch. Then just bait them out and let him kill himself.

Yeah, some of the Rookie Ken players were off the chain in terms of aggression. Some killed themselves with blocked fierce DPs, but others really took advantage of the shimmy game. I am still at a loss on what to do in a knockdown situation where someone would either be mashing jab, trying to bait out a throw tech, or just flat out grab you.

As an aside, I think I have hit a wall with Cammy for right now. Switching to Ryu briefly and fighting a Bronze Cammy really made me realize that these whiffed Spiral Arrows/Cannon Spikes is contributing to way too many loses on my end when I use the character. And I am just not good at that kind of hit confirm yet. But man, I need some kind of projectile.

Zackat

When I saw the full costume earlier I couldn't help but think of those street fighter abstract character portraits where it is just bars of colors and you knew who it was. With that hat and the white belts he is pretty distinct. The hair over his eye and hat is a little much though lol. If it was just one or the other I think it would be fine.

Yeah, some of the Rookie Ken players were off the chain in terms of aggression. Some killed themselves with blocked fierce DPs, but others really took advantage of the shimmy game. I am still at a loss on what to do in a knockdown situation where someone would either be mashing jab, trying to bait out a throw tech, or just flat out grab you.

As an aside, I think I have hit a wall with Cammy for right now. Switching to Ryu briefly and fighting a Bronze Cammy really made me realize that these whiffed Spiral Arrows/Cannon Spikes is contributing to way too many loses on my end when I use the character. And I am just not good at that kind of hit confirm yet. But man, I need some kind of projectile.

Try watching your replays and think what you could have done. Ex cannon spike maybe. At least one or 2 times so they start respecting your wake up and give you some breathing room. Would you be better just blocking and taking the throw if it hits to get rid of them having as great an advantage. There is always something you can do and if you can start seeing patterns in your opponents behaviour you can take advantage of that.

In rookie and bronze when you are new to fighting games it can certainly feel like everyone even in those leagues are really good. However if you persist and learn and get better you will rise above them and realise they actually arnt good at all. Its why fighting games are so hard to get into at the start. Its hard to discern the difference between someone who knows a few combos and goes ham and murders you to someone who is pro level. Its takes a certain level of understanding to see that. But keep going and you will get there. It just takes time. You may have to get through the salt plains to get there but if you enjoy the game its really worth it.

Getting back into fighting games has made me mostly bored of current fps games as well. Playing a game like overwatch is just kinda chill for me. I have no real i investment when playing. Only a slight care if i win or lose. Fighting games give me a hit after each win or loss as its all on me and the skill levels are so large there is always something to learn. Big highs and sometimes really salty lows. But its also a lot of fun.

MrCarter

Where did you hear that?

Edit: Oh, in story mode. I wonder if he'll have a different voice actor as a playable character since he's older.

Is the actress who voiced Helen in story mode the same as her fully playable character in the game? If not, then yes they could be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom