• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Kashiwaba

u still on?

Looking at these matches, Laura really isn't that bad, she just needs a slight tone down on her V-trigger stuff, maybe make it 3 bars. and her normals are a bit too plus when she gets up close. You have to play patient, but if she wasn't able to go HAM every round with an easy V-trigger I think she wouldn't be such a pain
Thanks Omni you basically destroyed me here lol. I think after these sets i will just delete this game and go play Injustice 2 with Luce 😱

MrCarter

You miss Ed but Ed don't miss you.

Word to yo motha, Psycho stutta

giphy.gif

Shadoken

I need to stop trying to react to dashes in this game. I only ever get counter hit

The way this game is designed. You cant "react" to anything without having some sort of anticipation for the move.

For example if you are anticipating a Bison to Dash or Jump then you can react to both. If he suddenly does a devil reverse then you cant AA it. Similarly if you are expecting a Jump or Devils reverse you will get dashed in.

If you keep trying to react to everything you will get your AAs stuffed and get Counter hit from your pokes.

FluxWaveZ

When you did a Sweep after Giefs Vskill absorb , how do you time it to crush counter him everytime?

Does he always flex at a certain point? I thought he could control when he can let go. OR were you just reading him.

I'm just mashing sweep. I think it only CC'd him once, but it can hit him since it's a precarious situation. If Gief holds it, then he'll get more grey damage from the sweep. If Gief lets go to block instead, then I think the window opens where he can be hit in its recovery? I think the CC would then come from when Gief walks with the V-Skill a bit, and the sweep hits while he lets go and flexes.

Edit: Oh yeah, I actually forgot this detail: When Zangief uses his V-Skill when he has V-Trigger, he is in a counter hit state during its recovery. That's pretty much what happened.

Birdie has the same thing with his EX command grab.

Ah right i do remember a similar thing happened against a birdie once. Best learn to not try that against those guys again. Although im feeling that urge to switch back to guile for a bit after using Mika solid for a month or so.

While I don't think anybody needs more ammo against F.A.N.G

but for you Guile players, know this. Don't play the full-screen game against this character, stay at mid-range. At Full screen, he can get the poison out reliably, nullify your fireballs, cancel up-balls into EX dash and pressure you.

At mid-range your fireballs will always be faster than FANG's traps. And the game isn't fast enough to allow FANGs to reliably use light trap to nullify fireballs and create distance. Medium trap, jumping or dashing through is the only real option, aside from blocking of course.

Watched this with a smile on my face, no sympathy for S2 Giefs. :)

Is Gief a bad match up for Mika?

I would say yes. As Mika you have to go in on your opponent and thats right where he wants you. His buttons out range you. His ex c.grabs beat yours. He can easily anti air you with jab and soon he is getting a counter than will blow up her best poke. Then fuck up once after you get in and its quite possible you are dead as his 50/50 game is terrifying.

Thanks Omni you basically destroyed me here lol. I think after these sets i will just delete this game and go play Injustice 2 with Luce 😱
Lol nah...I'm still rusty mate...u were just being predictable with Rashid's normals, they are really good, great frame traps, but u gotta mixup a bit more and make his tornado move safe with spacing. I would just wait for S2.5 and see what the changes are. Orangeman is a great Rashid to watch replays of, u basically have to be super aggressive with him and if youre playing keep away, it has to be for a reason. You should be looking to go thru a FB (easier to do it on reaction offline) or get a pressure from safe normals/specials. If not, as Rashid you really should be in your opponents face most of the time, in SFV good offense is a better defense. Unfortunately, it's still not easy enough to have a solid defense.

ggs

I just need Makoto. The one true waifu.

Yusuke would be pretty sick as well.

get off my characters

kawakami better be playable

Don't get me wrong, I still have this rotating list of "sub-characters" who are gradually improving as my fundamentals improve. I made an alternate CFN ID just for that purpose, after all. It's just that I thought Necalli would eventually usurp Mika's place for me, when that's definitely not gonna happen.

When making an alt CFN ID, does that new account need PS Plus? Or is it tied to the console?

Paging CountBlack

sfv_mod___laura__elena_cosplay_by_segadordelinks-db9e5wj.jpg

elena bout to heal all that back

also can we talk about how perfect elena was? I don't think we spend enough time positively speaking about how perfect elena was

FluxWaveZ

I would say yes. As Mika you have to go in on your opponent and thats right where he wants you. His buttons out range you. His ex c.grabs beat yours. He can easily anti air you with jab and soon he is getting a counter than will blow up her best poke. Then fuck up once after you get in and its quite possible you are dead as his 50/50 game is terrifying.

Gief is one of Mika's worst MUs next to Guile, yes. That opponent is the one who sent me to losers, after all.

The problematic AA isn't really his st.LP, but his Lariat and, yesterday I learned, his cr.HP. Gief's cr.HP will beat literally all of Mika's air options, including the dive bomb. I had moderate amounts of success getting in with dive bomb because of Gief's reliance on Lariat, and that stuffs it out, but nothing of hers beats cr.HP, so no more jumping. Can't outfootsie him, can't drop kick, can barely dash because of incessant cr.LP, superior health, etc.

I just need that one KD to be able to get something going, but it's a large pain in the ass.

So you're one of those that think sf4 and sf5 look exactly the same.

When I saw two Elena's I assumed it was an old SF4 mod, I didn't even think of SFV lol

Gief is one of Mika's worst MUs next to Guile, yes. That opponent is the one who sent me to losers, after all.

The problematic AA isn't really his st.LP, but his Lariat and, yesterday I learned, his cr.HP. Gief's cr.HP will beat literally all of Mika's air options, including the dive bomb. I had moderate amounts of success getting in with dive bomb because of Gief's reliance on Lariat, and that stuffs it out, but nothing of hers beats cr.HP, so no more jumping. Can't outfootsie him, can't drop kick, can barely dash because of incessant cr.LP, superior health, etc.

I just need that one KD to be able to get something going, but it's a large pain in the ass.

I think Gief/Guile are Laura's worst MU's too lol. Laura's fireball does absolutely nothing in the MU except let Zangief get closer or gain meter.

It's definitely been over a year since I last saw someone use Laura's super.

It just doesn't do as much damage as an optimized combo from Laura would do. I'm always let down when I see it do such piss poor damage meanwhile Necalli in VT gets fullscreen corner carry into 50/50 while taking like 60% of your life with it

The only good thing about facing Gief as mika is when you inevitably lose his win quote is relatively nice to you. And his ultra makes me laugh.

Kashiwaba

So are you going to play at toryuken this weekend?

lupinko

Do we have an ETA on Thailand stage? And Battle Lounge should really give experience points at the very least.

Unlocking everything takes forever regardless.

If we lived in a clean world where players could be trusted not to throw games, yeah, BL should award XP.

But you'd have people grinding that shit out for LP.

Kashiwaba

A mix of rooting for the underdog (and upsets), rooting against R. Mika, and rooting for Zangief. People aren't typically on my side in local tournaments. I'm used to it, though; it was all I ever heard with Season 1 Mika.

For some reason, yeah.

That's nice good luck with it i will watch it this weekend if you survive the pools :)

Top Bottom