• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MechaX

Im still down for matches if you want.

Man, I wish I hit you up during the weekend for some matches. Most of my time Fri/Sat was spent dicking around in the Beta and hitting the lab. Sun I had to go into the office for work, so that was "fun"

I'm CST US timezone, but are you on in the evenings on weekdays? That's pretty much my best shot for some matches up until around this time (where I'm usually on the way of going to bed).

Onemic

Man, I wish I hit you up during the weekend for some matches. Most of my time Fri/Sat was spent dicking around in the Beta and hitting the lab. Sun I had to go into the office for work, so that was "fun"

I'm CST US timezone, but are you on in the evenings on weekdays? That's pretty much my best shot for some matches up until around this time (where I'm usually on the way of going to bed).

Im EST, and usually on in the evenings

Edzi

Did I mention I was missing Ed? Because I am. Give him back to me Capcom.

What do you guys think the chances are of Capcom making some tweaks to him based on beta feedback? I'm praying they fix his hitconfirm/whiffing problem.

mbpm1

What do you guys think the chances are of Capcom making some tweaks to him based on beta feedback? I'm praying they fix his hitconfirm/whiffing problem.

you like ed eh

I see zero chance of them making his specials more reliable. I think they intentionally designed him this way. You have a character like Akuma who is balanced by having less health because he has a wealth of options. For Ed they gave him some pretty cool stuff but balanced him by making you constantly scared that your specials will whiff unless you're right next to your opponent.

remz

2015 Combo Breaker pre reg:

Ultra Street Fighter 4 - 266

Not bad considering SFV is only one one console and "doesn't have content"

Ed was a ton of fun. I won most of my matches with him in the beta, but I can't help but feel that was mostly because of people in general not knowing the MU yet. Will have to see how I fare once I can run wild vs. everyone's mains when he launches for real.

Yo that beta is fucking done. No big errors, no maintenance, that shit is cooked and ready to serve.

I'm gonna flip if we don't get it this month.

There was about 1 hour after it started where people couldn't log in, but other than that it ran pretty well with no additional down-time. Much better than the previous beta, despite having a larger audience.

Spuck-uk

Banned
How long ago was 2.5 announced and it's still not out?

Not that it matters, we'r in striking range of Rev2 and Tekken 7 now

Spuck-uk

Banned

Given previous balancing attempts, near zero.

Been quite a while, definitely over two months now. Season 2.5 changes were announced on 15th March.

And Claudio's so close, I can practically taste the Starburst!

MrCarter

Then why ask? lol

I think the beta delayed the release of the balance patch as they were both in the same build. I'm glad they did the 2nd beta on PS4 as well as it would help them stress test the servers even further.

myco666

Hmmm... I think I need to hit ranked if I want to improve. I get away with very dumb and unoptimal stuff now so that there isn't really any need to try to get better. Don't know if I can handle the stress though.

LakeEarth

I love Ed, I just hope upon his "official" release that they change something so he can combo from a max distance c.mk. It's crazy how you can combo into his uppercut, his leg SRK move, his fireball, his lightning fist move, but none of them have enough damned range.

EDIT - I must say that due to a lack of training mode, I could be wrong. Like I don't know how heavy lightning punches moves Ed forward.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Does the mod that allows Ed in training mode still work or was it dependent on the beta being active? (Not sure why it wouldn't work but I've never used any mod other than fast loading so I don't know anything.)

Spuck-uk

Banned
I love Ed, I just hope upon his "official" release that they change something so he can combo from a max distance c.mk. It's crazy how you can combo into his uppercut, his leg SRK move, his fireball, his lightning fist move, but none of them have enough damned range.

EDIT - I must say that due to a lack of training mode, I could be wrong. Like I don't know how heavy lightning punches moves Ed forward.

I modded training mode into the PC version and l, m, h makes zero noticable difference to the distance of his special moves, they still whiff at tip of cr.mk

LakeEarth

Thanks for the info. Seems as though Ed's lightning punches move is the "swiss cheese" of this game, there just to hamper mashing players.

mbpm1

That's bc his special moves have no strength variations except for fireball

he won't be able to make use of any buffer in neutral

That image describing players by their characters is exactly on point about Gief dudes. Those guys will tell you exactly where you fucked up and their setups. So nice.

Where can I see this?

vda8e0xz0ity.png

Pompadour

That's bc his special moves have no strength variations except for fireball

he won't be able to make use of any buffer in neutral

The lack of strength variations really bug me about his simplified input style. I like him but he weirdly feels like a Smash character or something.

dawgparty

My friend mains Ibuki and that is exactly him. The Kolin one isn't me at all though, unless they amend it to next *female DLC character.

MCD250

Yeah, the Cammy one is super funny but it's definitely not me.

I know she's the bomb. In fact I'm pretty sure I win more because of her than because of me.

jett

D-Member
Ucchedavāda;236999196 said:

lol that Mika description is me to a tee. I actually feel like I've become a better player in S2 now that I have pretty much eliminated the clap from my repertoire. I'm actually relying on pokes and countering whiffs. My ranking hasn't really improved but that's cuz I've stuck to casuals.

Pompadour

lol There's an angry thread about SFV's story mode.

They're disappointed and have obviously never seen a SF movie in their lives.

It was honestly better than MKX's although they were both bad. MKX's was better designed with more unique assets but the story itself was so goddamned boring. SFV had Zangief​ falling out of the sky screaming "MUSCLE!"

Injustice 2 has the best story mode in any fighting game, but that's literally based on the source of the comics and characters who are established throughout the years.

SFV is based on flimsy facts floating around artbooks and shit like that, having to cobble together years of fragmented, unconfirmed things because the writers didn't want to shoehorn themselves into anything. It was campy and inoffensive though, despite things like Necalli.

MK9 ruined by its payoff and ending (what with Raiden going full stupid), and MKX didn't really roll around in the camp like it should have. Plus the teen squad felt forced as shit.

GG was alright, but I never enjoyed how they depowered a bunch of character like Slayer. Plus there just wasn't enough fighting.

Wew lad.

You see this, Capcom? Get your shit in order and ride this wave.

Lulubop

Injustice story was a fun watch but nothing special outside production values which were incredible. It lost a lot steam towards the end however

Also Swamp Thing =
Necalli, I mean isn't this dude supposed to be a cosmic entity? What a jobber.

MCD250

I thought story mode was a blast tbh. It felt like a SF cartoon, which is pretty much what I expected, and I was pleasantly surprised by a few things too (like how Rashid started out as basically the comic relief and then ended up having the most poignant story of all and being the star of the whole thing). I also liked how they handled Ryu and him finally getting over the Satsui No Hado. There were lots of other neat little things too, like Karin being the good guys' leader, Laura owning Sean on multiple occasions and basically every time Gief was on screen. FANG was pretty awesome too.

I'd love to get another story mode that included the S2 characters.

Top Bottom