• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

It was honestly better than MKX's although they were both bad. MKX's was better designed with more unique assets but the story itself was so goddamned boring. SFV had Zangief​ falling out of the sky screaming "MUSCLE!"

I enjoyed MKX's story mode, despite it flaws, but SFV's story mode was square in the "so bad it's good" territory, which I love. I mean, on top of Zangief falling out of the sky, SFV also had him parry a katana using his pectorals.

Lulubop

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";237032250]Ehrgeiz has the best story mode in any fighting game. They built an entire standalone dungeon crawler for that game's story mode. It's amazing.[/QUOTE]

That mode was actually tedious as fuck

Mizerman

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";237032250]Ehrgeiz has the best story mode in any fighting game. They built an entire standalone dungeon crawler for that game's story mode. It's amazing.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed that mode. It was something different during the time.

Ucchedavāda;237032340 said:
I enjoyed MKX's story mode, despite it flaws, but SFV's story mode was square in the "so bad it's good" territory, which I love. I mean, on top of Zangief falling out of the sky, SFV also had him parry a katana using his pectorals.

Yeah, Zangief no-selling the psycho powered katana blow with only his "Muscle Power" had me rolling.

Onemic

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";237032922]I really hope ASW pulls through with P5A. I don't know anything about Persona 5 but it sold amazingly, right? I need my spiritual Jojo's sequels.[/QUOTE]

Ya P5 did really well and so did P4A, so I see no reason why a P5A wouldnt happen. Hopefully they bring back the P3 cast again.

FluxWaveZ

I'd be playing Injustice 2 right now if that game's online worked. Don't really feel like going through story mode or single player stuff other than the tutorials yet.

So back to SFV I go...

Skilletor

I'd be playing Injustice 2 right now if that game's online worked. Don't really feel like going through story mode or single player stuff other than the tutorials yet.

So back to SFV I go...

Quick, make a thread about it.

/s

Ya P5 did really well and so did P4A, so I see no reason why a P5A wouldnt happen. Hopefully they bring back the P3 cast again.

I just need Makoto. The one true waifu.

Yusuke would be pretty sick as well.

Edzi

So back to SFV I go...

If IJ2 is a suitable replacement to SF to you, then you'd probably be better off playing anything else since you don't seem too keen on SFV atm.

Edzi

...Huh?

A character focused around speed, with sword normals, ice status spells, and an assault rifle. Some OP shit right there.

I'm just saying, you seem down on the game and like you're forcing yourself to play. If you're one of those people who can just hop to a different fighter as a replacement for your SF fix, then you'd probably be better off just playing something else instead of forcing yourself to play SFV.

Quick, make a thread about it.

/s

I just need Makoto. The one true waifu.

Yusuke would be pretty sick as well.

Give me Kanji back. And Akihiko.

FluxWaveZ

I'm just saying, you seem down on the game and like you're forcing yourself to play. If you're one of those people who can just hop to a different fighter as a replacement for your SF fix, then you'd probably be better off just playing something else instead of forcing yourself to play SFV.

How do I seem down on the game? And I don't play other fighters as a replacement to another one. I play other fighters in conjunction with others; it's possible to devote one's time to more than a single fighting game.

FluxWaveZ

we need to get some games in. You still running with necalli?

Sure, I'm available a lot of times to play.

I'd say I've downgraded Necalli to "dabbling with." Really thought I'd stick a bit more with him. He's a powerful character who has tools I can work with, but I just always go back to wanting to spend time with Mika and optimize her as much as I can.

Producer

Sure, I'm available a lot of times to play.

I'd say I've downgraded Necalli to "dabbling with." Really thought I'd stick a bit more with him. He's a powerful character who has tools I can work with, but I just always go back to wanting to spend time with Mika and optimize her as much as I can.

aw , he was looking pretty solid man. But i get you on wanting to go back to your old character.

FluxWaveZ

aw , he was looking pretty solid man. But i get you on wanting to go back to your old character.

Don't get me wrong, I still have this rotating list of "sub-characters" who are gradually improving as my fundamentals improve. I made an alternate CFN ID just for that purpose, after all. It's just that I thought Necalli would eventually usurp Mika's place for me, when that's definitely not gonna happen.

Got wrecked by a geif in 2 straight sets. Need to play him more to get match up knowledge but some shit threw me for a loop. On several occasions i would set up for mikas ex command grab. A frame or two after mine starts he did ex spd and it would beat me.... Didnt think that was possible. I also forget the insane range of spd. I would throw out a cr.lp after blocking one of his, it would miss then he would spd me outside my hit range lol.

When someone plays geif well / lucky it can feel Impossible lol. Well unless im playing guile. Then I can just bore him to death with boom hit and runs.

Don't get me wrong, I still have this rotating list of "sub-characters" who are gradually improving as my fundamentals improve. I made an alternate CFN ID just for that purpose, after all. It's just that I thought Necalli would eventually usurp Mika's place for me, when that's definitely not gonna happen.
Nobody will ever replace Mika for you man, it's time to accept it. She's your favorite character.

I think I'm gonna learn Cammy with the update, but there's no replacing Ken.

MCD250

Got wrecked by a geif in 2 straight sets. Need to play him more to get match up knowledge but some shit threw me for a loop. On several occasions i would set up for mikas ex command grab. A frame or two after mine starts he did ex spd and it would beat me.... Didnt think that was possible.
That's because Gief's EX SPD is grab invincible from startup, so if you try to grab him and he throws it out his grab will beat yours.

MindofKB

LTG is down 5-0 and the Bison pressure is just too stronk.

I think LTG may have tilted out already. The post fight interview might be flames.

Paging CountBlack

sfv_mod___laura__elena_cosplay_by_segadordelinks-db9e5wj.jpg

Anyone up for some games??
Cpt Kashibaba East coast
u still on?

Looking at these matches, Laura really isn't that bad, she just needs a slight tone down on her V-trigger stuff, maybe make it 3 bars. and her normals are a bit too plus when she gets up close. You have to play patient, but if she wasn't able to go HAM every round with an easy V-trigger I think she wouldn't be such a pain

Kashiwaba

u still on?

Looking at these matches, Laura really isn't that bad, she just needs a slight tone down on her V-trigger stuff, maybe make it 3 bars. and her normals are a bit too plus when she gets up close. You have to play patient, but if she wasn't able to go HAM every round with an easy V-trigger I think she wouldn't be such a pain
One see

Top Bottom