• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

So i'm fucking around with menat in the lab for hours.
only now I notice she has 3 different lines and 3 different expressions depending on which button you press for the super:
Behold your future, I shall present your prophecy!:
LP > Cloudy with a chance of soul storm! *slight smile*
MP> Hmm~, sorry to say, it looks bad. *wink*
HP> But you should already know that~. *happy expression*

I've been staring at Zeku's silhouette for a while now to try and speculate about his appearance, and I'm curious, does anyone else see him having a huge beard, or am I just seeing things?
comming_fighters.jpg

Whatever it is, it isn't connected to his body. There's visible gap between what I'm seeing and his lower body.

Kalentan

Man I don't get the matchmaking.

Why would you put someone whose about to be deranked up against someone on a long ass win streak in the next division above you?

Like who designed that?

Like put me back in the queue.

kikiribu

I've been staring at Zeku's silhouette for a while now to try and speculate about his appearance, and I'm curious, does anyone else see him having a huge beard, or am I just seeing things?
comming_fighters.jpg

Whatever it is, it isn't connected to his body. There's visible gap between what I'm seeing and his lower body.
I'm sure he'll have facial hair but I don't see any kind of beard.

0kRCcEh.jpg

comming_fighters.jpg

To be fair they totally changed Menat in comparison to her shadow.

He could be Rufus body shape for what we know.

Xeteh

Definitely seeing things. I agree with kikiribu though, he'll def have a beard which already puts him up there for top design.

There is no gap -- that's just the background.
See, it's because I see the background clearly that I think there's a gap. It's not shaded at all, so there isn't anything there that would be a part of the character, and I definitely see a difference between the new silhouette and the old ones.
b015bsxrjdwy.jpg

comming_fighters.jpg

Maybe it's not a beard, but something is definitely different there.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Man I don't get the matchmaking.

Why would you put someone whose about to be deranked up against someone on a long ass win streak in the next division above you?

Like who designed that?

Like put me back in the queue.

Shit like that happens and it will all even out in the long run. You sometimes get matched with people in the division below yours, right? Also the ranks are arbitrary so don't put extra weight on wins or losses where you cross the threshold into a different rank. It doesn't matter.

MrCarter

only now I notice she has 3 different lines and 3 different expressions depending on which button you press for the super:

That's some nice and welcome attention to detail. Gosh this character is very well designed. Looking forward to Zeku even more now.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Wow. Nice catch. Capcom really struck gold with her. Small things like that help make characters.

Renkax

Wow didn't know ECT was this weekend and I live like 15 mins away! :( would love to even attend Sunday for casuals of SFV :(

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

For both of our sakes, let's hope the trend continues next month.

And I'm fucking tired of Laura. I need a 100% full-proof way to beat this damn character. I'm gonna dedicate the near future solely to messing this character up.

You have every ounce of my good vibes going your way in the quest to smash Laura. DO IT FOR US ALL!! (except Count)

some advice.
waaaayyy too many sweeps, bison´s slide is super unsafe when blocked.
not a single scissor kick or stHK; stHK is +3 on block it's a great pressure tool.

More psycho axes (df+hp), it's +1 on block and it has good range.
raw vtrigger activations, try canceling one of those sweeps with vtrigger to make it safe, in fact doing this would leave you at +4.

teching too early on wakeup, that one ken kept doing the same, jump 2 times on your wakeup to bait you for a throw and he got you every time; tech late, you have the entire wakeup animation to decide whether or not to tech.

For both of our sakes, let's hope the trend continues next month.

And I'm fucking tired of Laura. I need a 100% foolproof way to beat this damn character. I'm gonna dedicate the near future solely to messing this character up.
Play Ken, press buttons.

Actually that's how you can beat any character.

Top Bottom