• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kirblar

If there was ever a time to add characters outside of a season pass, the Arcade Edition's debut would be the time. (much like how in SF4, SF4 console got Fei/Sakura/Gen/etc and how AE got Yang/Yun/etc.)

Neoxon

If there was ever a time to add characters outside of a season pass, the Arcade Edition's debut would be the time. (much like how in SF4, SF4 console got Fei/Sakura/Gen/etc and how AE got Yang/Yun/etc.)
Logistically speaking, Capcom likely doesn't make that much money off of DLC characters since we can earn them.

bubumiao

some advice.
waaaayyy too many sweeps, bison´s slide is super unsafe when blocked.
not a single scissor kick or stHK; stHK is +3 on block it's a great pressure tool.

More psycho axes (df+hp), it's +1 on block and it has good range.
raw vtrigger activations, try canceling one of those sweeps with vtrigger to make it safe, in fact doing this would leave you at +4.

teching too early on wakeup, that one ken kept doing the same, jump 2 times on your wakeup to bait you for a throw and he got you every time; tech late, you have the entire wakeup animation to decide whether or not to tech.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure what you mean about canceling sweeps with vtrigger and teching too early on wakeup?

I'm gonna start streaming more. That was my first stream. I opened my camera and set it up so next time I can interact with the stream. More advice is welcomed, I want to improve.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure what you mean about canceling sweeps with vtrigger and teching too early on wakeup?

I'm gonna start streaming more. That was my first stream. I opened my camera and set it up so next time I can interact with the stream. More advice is welcomed, I want to improve.
Do a sweep, but cancel it into V-Trigger. Same as with literally every other normal in the game.

You try to tech the throw as soon as you wakeup/you think they're throwing. So if an opponent shimmies or jumps to bait out that throw attempt, you're gonna keep getting hit. Try to delay the throw attempt by a quarter of a second and see whether the opponent really is going for a throw or just baiting it out.

So what exactly was leaked?

Some of the file names for a few of the upcoming characters. They could be straight up playable characters or maybe something in a new mode or story mode we don't know.

The fact that there are at least 24 slots for new characters, implying possible support uptill 2021 rather than 2020 which was specified by Capcpom, or a sudden "burst" of new characters, or the amount of characters being released per year being increased.

A new status effect that's done by Zeku (makes the opponent red). Could also be tied to the V-system that got leaked earlier.

There might be more stuff coming.

kikiribu

kirblar

An upcoming menu UI revision would explain the need to put the placeholder character spots in.

26 more would leave us w/ 54, 2 shy of MvC2's 56.

Lulubop

So hyped for s3. I feel everything is gonna change up, from the menus to the gameplay. Big expectations, maybe too big.

Marvel

could never

Hope you don't mind me offering advice too as a Dictator player.

When you do a sweep and it is blocked, make it safe and save yourself by activating your v-trigger :) The other thing means you are pressing lklp too early upon getting up. Just block.

Everything else ryuu said is great, do that xD Bison's preassure game is fantastic so you need to stay in peoples faces with his plus shit as much as possible.

bubumiao

Hope you don't mind me offering advice too as a Dictator player.

When you do a sweep and it is blocked, make it safe and save yourself by activating your v-trigger :) The other thing means you are pressing lklp too early upon getting up. Just block.

Everything else ryuu said is great, do that xD Bison's preassure game is fantastic so you need to stay in peoples faces with his plus shit as much as possible.

I'm gonna try to incorporate this info into my game tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Rymuth

Oh my, we're possibly going up to season 6? I feel like a kid when you thought school's tomorrow and then discover its still a vacation/holiday. That extra day feels sooo precious.

Possibility of E. Honda making into V just got higher :3

Oh my, we're possibly going up to season 6? I feel like a kid when you thought school's tomorrow and then discover its still a vacation/holiday. That extra day feels sooo precious.

Possibility of E. Honda making into V just got higher :3
Up from 0.000001% to 0.0001%

Between Alex and Necalli, E.Honda is redundant in this game.

And i say that as someone who'd fucking love to have E.Honda but you gotta admit, his function has been accounted for.

x8DGlse.png

Rymuth

Up from 0.000001% to 0.0001%

Between Alex and Necalli, E.Honda is redundant in this game.

So you're saying there's a chance.gif
And i say that as someone who'd fucking love to have E.Honda but you gotta admit, his function has been accounted for.

Form over function is how I live my life. Has E.Honda's form been fulfilled? The defense rests.

If this is meant to imply sadness, it's great

Otherwise >:C

Number45

Looking for a new fight stick in the UK and struggling to find anywhere with a decent selection. Like the look of the HRAP4 Kai in white, but I can only find the original black. Anyone in the U.K. recommend somewhere?

For both of our sakes, let's hope the trend continues next month.

And I'm fucking tired of Laura. I need a 100% foolproof way to beat this damn character. I'm gonna dedicate the near future solely to messing this character up.
let me know what you come up with, but I'm pretty sure that's impossible without a complete download of the character. And in that case you're beating the player not Laura.

Ryce

I wonder if maybe those four new NPC slots X-Kira found could be additional enemies for Extra Battle. "FIR" and "ELC" probably represent "fire" and "electric." There just so happen to be four Shadaloo Troopers, two of which use fire and electricity.

ELC - Arkane
FIR - Khyber
B00 - Blade
BNN - F7

I wonder if maybe those four new NPC slots X-Kira found could be additional enemies for Extra Battle. "FIR" and "ELC" probably represent "fire" and "electric." There just so happen to be four Shadaloo Troopers, two of which use fire and electricity.

ELC - Arkane
FIR - Khyber
B00 - Blade
BNN - F7
For those of you who are doubting this, Ryce CORRECTLY predicted the 30th anniversary costumes.

I don't know how but this man thinks the same way Ono does. This COULD mean that Extra Battle is coming?

Ryce

For those of you who are doubting this, Ryce CORRECTLY predicted the 30th anniversary costumes.

I don't know how but this man thinks the same way Ono does. This COULD mean that Extra Battle is coming?
I only really feel certain about "FIR" and "ELC" meaning fire and electric. B00 and BNN are a stretch, honestly. Those could be anything.

Maybe, but they probably have a lot on their plate promoting the MvCI release this month too.

That's true. At least we will probably be getting general news once a month besides November.

This month is zeku, next month is the arcade reveal, nothing in November but early December is CapCup.

Looking for a new fight stick in the UK and struggling to find anywhere with a decent selection. Like the look of the HRAP4 Kai in white, but I can only find the original black. Anyone in the U.K. recommend somewhere?

I couldn't find it anywhere either. Ended up with the HRAP 4 Kai black from amazon uk. Right now is around £105. Pretty good price.

Top Bottom