• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MechaX

Man, going full tilt early in the morning on a weekend is just the worst.

I don't know if it happens to anyone else, but sometimes do you just feel like you just have the entirely wrong mindset to play this game in a given day? I'm wondering if I should just avoid playing it today and do something else.

Vice

I don't know if it happens to anyone else, but sometimes do you just feel like you just have the entirely wrong mindset to play this game in a given day? I'm wondering if I should just avoid playing it today and do something else.

Have you tried watching you replays this morning?

kikiribu

It's not always going to be a good day for you. Happens to me with all fighting games, then I look back at the replay and shake my head in disbelief. Sometimes I need a day or two to just relax and not play any fighting games. I don't even bother touching Ranked until I've gotten extremely comfortable in Casual for the day.

kikiribu

I actually want to start practicing with stick. I've always been a pad player and think sticks are too loud since I only really play at night. I'll probably look into the Qanba Drone if it's good-ish.

stn

Quanba Drone would have been a much better choice for $20 more. And it's actually moddable!
I picked it up just so I can piano properly with Ed, I wanna learn the character fully. I may even go back to USF4 and mess around with Decapre and E. Honda, two characters I'd never play otherwise.

If I end up liking the stick too much, I'll look into the Drone. :)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Yes, there are definitely times when my brain in a SF zone and I'm playing my best, and other times when I can tell I will have slow reactions, make impulsive wrong moves, and get into a really shitty mood when I lose. I try to just play something else if I know SF will result in failure and anger.

If I were a tournament player I'd obviously have to overcome that issue but I'm not so I can just try to optimize enjoyment instead.

Marvel

could never
Sooo Rog seems fun.

Teaching myself his juggle combos, jesus grownman dmg. Always known about it, but I didn't think it would be so easy.

MrCarter

Can't wait for his tortured Week Of Menat videos in a few days.

As soon as he said the only reason he stopped playing the game was because they removed lights to mediums from the beta is when is when I stopped watching lol. He's way too whiny and misinformed on other stuff for me to actually take him seriously.

Give it an hour. This happens to me too. Some days you just don't have that warrior mindset. Sometimes your brain isn't fully awake yet.

JusDoIt

As soon as he said the only reason he stopped playing the game was because they removed lights to mediums from the beta is when is when I stopped watching lol. He's way too whiny and misinformed on other stuff for me to actually take him seriously.

He can be pretty insufferable. I'm astounded at how popular he is, considering he's usually complaining about the game he's playing, he's not a tournament player, he's often misinformed, and he's not particularly charismatic.

I'm a hater, tho.

I'm a hater, tho.
You ain't got shit on Zombegoast though.

hEZmIPa.png

Hopefully, through hard work and dedication, I can climb the hate ranks and be mentioned alongside the masters of the discipline.

You have to shitpost here on a daily basis about how awful everything is while still playing, and most of your problems have to be things you created and can solve.

MechaX

Give it an hour. This happens to me too. Some days you just don't have that warrior mindset. Sometimes your brain isn't fully awake yet.

I made the mistake of continuing to play full tilt and ended up breaking something (well, it was like a 2 dollar item, but still, haven't gotten that angry since I was like 13).

Yep, I do not have that mindset today. Never play full tilt. And all over a random Akuma too.

Xeteh

Calling it now... Zeku is going to have a sexy mummy skin and a crystal ball he uses in fights. Capcom found the formula and they're going to stick with it.

kirblar

Is there a summary of what he says in the video? I can't watch it right now.
From what he can tell, V-System looks like it's set up for everything to be mix and match, so it's more "Custom Character" from Smash and less "Gem Loadout" from SFxT/Fighting Layer.

He thinks Zeku is probably being unveiled at TGS and coming this month based on behavior he's seeing behind the scenes in Steam and such.

Scotia

Banned
From what he can tell, V-System looks like it's set up for everything to be mix and match, so it's more "Custom Character" from Smash and less "Gem Loadout" from SFxT/Fighting Layer.

He thinks Zeku is probably being unveiled at TGS and coming this month based on behavior he's seeing behind the scenes in Steam and such.

Ah, OK. I thought there might have been something new but oh well.

Highly doubt Zeku comes out this month mainly due to MvC:I coming out this month. I'm pretty confident that he'll come out in October, but then again I was wrong about Menat coming out in August.

Ah, OK. I thought there might have been something new but oh well.

Highly doubt Zeku comes out this month mainly due to MvC:I coming out this month. I'm pretty confident that he'll come out in October, but then again I was wrong about Menat coming out in August.
I wouldn't be surprised if Zeku came out in September. I don't see how a single dlc character would interfere with a brand new game's launch.

kirblar

I wouldn't be surprised if Zeku came out in September. I don't see how a single dlc character would interfere with a brand new game's launch.
TGS is immediately following the MvC:I launch so it wouldn't be too bad of an overlap. (announcing just prior to launch would be silly, of course.)

Neoxon

Yeah, I'm expecting Zeku's reveal at TGS and his release on September 26, October 3, or October 10.
Capcom usually goes for the end of the month, so I'd imagine that it'll be either late September or late October. That said, in light of MvCI, I feel like we'll get Zeku in late October.

kirblar

Capcom usually goes for the end of the month, so I'd imagine that it'll be either late September or late October. That said, in light of MvCI, I feel like we'll get Zeku in late October.
Isn't there something in October that we think is likely to be the (literal) Arcade Edition announcement?

Lulubop

Yeah, I'm expecting Zeku's reveal at TGS and his release on September 26, October 3, or October 10.

Yep, like I said last season they released them rapidly by the end. It's good to give those characters the time to digest before the next season hits.

Top Bottom