• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Someone above mentioned Chun having Kikosho as a new trigger and well, that's a single use big damage reaction attack. In other words you could consider it a defensive damage burst , sort of a back off attack. Just like it was in 4 really , if you're playing against a Chun and they have full trigger you have to be a little more careful with jumping in or you might get punished. Compared to the more offensive timer buff that gives you more hits , which is clearly a rush down assist. Does anything else really have to change there ? you basically choose Vtrigger based entirely on whether you want a defensive option or not.

Given SFV's structure (it's mostly rushdown friendly across the board) I actually wonder if ALL of the vtriggers will simply lead to a defensive option that doesnt' exist in the current system. Even that picture of Mika's where Nadeshiko has the chair , perhaps you can pop that one while under attack and it acts like a counter move like a tag in during a wrestling match.

The concept of having V-TRIGGERS as defensive moves is definitely a very fascinating one. We've seen it in action already, using the ZA WARUDO effect of the V-Triggers to react to jump-ins. We've also seen characters like Urien actually use it to reliably AA and Kolin to get through fireballs.

I like it.

Yeah, but wouldn't you say new v triggers is by far the most complicated of the 3 to make AND balance? It shows they're already not going the easiest route.

A Capcom rep during the Infinite stream at NYCC said that there would SFV info this week on Twitch.
I really hope they get Gootecks back for this, and have him play some matches.

That look of crushed dreams and joyless style of presentation is exactly what you need to make the stream interesting.

Getting a full charge is a novelty, but people should at least get two off before not being put in a riskier situation than just standing around.

And having v-triggers as defensive measures isn't wholly a bad idea, but many of the skills kinda replicate that. Urien gets hyper armor, Birdie gets a spacing tool, Rog gets a dash/projectile avoidance thingy, Ryu gets a parry, etc. What needs to happen with those skills is that they should all serve more than one purpose. Bison kinda has that with the parry - you absorb a hit AND get a fireball in return, but how about using the storage to get a little bit of meter back? Or Mika can toss the mic in the air for less damage/only before the second charge or something? Just give them more utility and make them more functional.

(not all are like it this, but still).

Wait.

You know how mad V-Triggers as defensive mechanics would make people? Holy hell that would make people infuriated. Like, man, why do I have to pick between two styles of play with these mechanics? How is that fair?

Lol that's what you wanted is your character playing different than another person's character tbh

nded

Most of the new v-triggers I've seen seem to be single attacks rather than a powered up state, but I guess that's mostly because the latter type can be difficult to show off in screenshots. Makes me wonder if characters with single use triggers like Nash will get installs as well.

Most of the new v-triggers I've seen seem to be single attacks rather than a powered up state, but I guess that's mostly because the latter type can be difficult to show off in screenshots. Makes me wonder if characters with single use triggers like Nash will get installs as well.

We aren't sure if they are. Sim's could straight up be him floating in the air and shooting down fireballs, Bison could put multiple traps, etc. I don't know if that's what you meant though lol

MCD250

If Bipson gets Psycho Crusher back then shit better be like -15 on block with no pushback, is all I'm going to say. I don't want to see another EX Devil Reverse type situation.

mbpm1

Wait.

You know how mad V-Triggers as defensive mechanics would make people? Holy hell that would make people infuriated. Like, man, why do I have to pick between two styles of play with these mechanics? How is that fair?

Lol that's what you wanted is your character playing different than another person's character tbh
Nah I’d be cool with it if mine is good.

Aka make mine the best as you all know I want

mbpm1

This this this. Corner carry too because why not

No matter what happens the first two months are gonna be whining unless you got something that's obviously good.

So definitely Necaili
Are you saying necalli will be whining or getting dat gif stuff?

Both prolly

joe2187

Banned
Cool! Yeah you're one of the few of the old crew I haven't played in this game... And one of the only ones still playing. Definitely hit you up, tho I'm personally still undecided on mvci.

You don't simply play
Necalli, lucy, you devour it.

Im terrible like all fighting games I play, But Im down. Let me know if you wanna play today or anytime You see me here..

MVCI is fun, and full of fucking bullshit....but it's roster is still bad. Hopefully the future DLC after the first batch gets more varied.

Skab

Bisons Psycho Crusher is sort of confusing to me, basically because of this screen.

05_sf08.jpg

The other screen is clearly a crusher, but wtf is this then

Trickster

Can someone tell me why the fuck Capcom made it possible for people to be pathetic little bitches with the rematch option. Why the fuck does it not turn into a bo3 if both players agree to rematch? Fuck this shit

Edit - And just to kick me while I'm already pissed, the game decides to match me with some fucking Nash who plays like he's fucking infiltration

Edit - And of course a kolin with her broken parry shit too

The yes no runback style prevents you from getting points stolen if someone is straight booty on their connect. Imagine losing points twice because the game forces you to not be able to back out.

Are you saying necalli will be whining or getting dat gif stuff?

Both prolly

Necaili will be forever under the radar.

My character crisis problem is going to go off the rails if they give Necaili even a few more tools since he's so fucking linear right now. Or many characters.

Damn Capcom don't mess this up.

Rog style carry.

Mmmmm.

Coast to coast on the Bison train!

Shadoken

If Bipson gets Psycho Crusher back then shit better be like -15 on block with no pushback, is all I'm going to say. I don't want to see another EX Devil Reverse type situation.

It will be -2 and everyone will say it sucks and how its "your turn" ... But online you know you gonna get hit by a Psycho crusher -> St. HK CC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Village

You know who doesn't have a lot of good remix's of her themes , chun li. A lot of folks just aren't too interested n her themes I guess, especially china vox

It's kind of pointless in a game like this tbh. Though I would prefer per character ranks.

Character ranks would quite literally fix the ranked problem

Another problem with ranked is that no one knows how the title unlocks work, like no one. They don't explain it to you, and no one in the community cares to fact check how you get them enough to verify how you get them.

I already know it's one-sided and non-random. I'm not arguing that the netcode is good. I'm arguing that it's worse for you than other people. How does what you've posted explain why you have more terrible matches than other people? Or are you implicitly arguing that all of us have 80% bad matches and we don't know it because they're mostly rolling back for our opponent?

I'm not the only one who bring up the issues. I get it terrible matches "more than other people" is because I have my search set for both systems and it's hard to find players when set only on Pc. It's possible to get a smooth connection through the entire set but it's not guaranteed. Out of the six matches with Brolylegs, only 1 game had minor lag and was visible on my screen and his.

Then there is the Wifi, I don't know how many people used Wifi in Injustice 2 but it was enough for NRS to put a indicator.

Would people be ok with Ranked resetting?

I wanted back when we were still in S1. It needs to get rid of RQ who made their way to Super Diamond. Like WannaSeeMyKungFu.

What would be the point of this? People just getting into the game would be getting destroyed by veterans ranking up.

That's kind of the issue of changing it now. Imagine ranked resetting and all the newbies coming into the game. They'd get creampied.

Top Bottom