• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

FluxWaveZ

I wouldn't care about rank being reset, but it'd also be entirely pointless.

It'd be funny, though. Some people care way too much about their rank, so the fallout would be great.

Not everyone needs new moves. Some characters have already gotten stuff on top of being strong while others remain sorely lacking. New moves for the sake of new moves is how you end up with Necalli's CC charged overhead and Cammy's janky ass air throw. Chun is kinda meh, so she could use some love and Ryu/Alex are top candidates for characters needing certain legacy specials (or even command normals). Nash could also definitely use something.
Well this is a whole new version so I'd at least expect some. Guilty Gear and blazblue does it.

Zackat

I pretty much stay right around 4k LP. Considering how little I get to play nowadays I think that's pretty good. Having to fight through an army of Keeeeeeen's again to get back to where the competition is good would be annoying.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
A reset would be silly.

I'd be for it if they gave you rewards for hitting certain rank milestones. Like a token you can spend on a character/stage/premium costumes. Otherwise I stopped caring about gathering little numbers above my gamer tag years ago.

I can see Rashid's VT2 be flying, just him flying.

What would be the point of this? People just getting into the game would be getting destroyed by veterans ranking up.

Remember, a whole year Rage Quitters where able to get away without getting punished.

jett

D-Member
A small animation showcase featuring Menat.

KzHFDUj.gif

Gnuo1i6.gif

TLRTPtO.gif

I really like all the detail of her handling her crystal ball thing. And people bitch about bits of clipping in the game but I'll take it for this kind of flowing cloth physics.

I really like all the detail of her handling her crystal ball thing. And people bitch about bits of clipping in the game but I'll take it for this kind of flowing cloth physics.
Wow lol looks exactly like SF4 lol.

One of the highest selling fighting games of the last decade & one of the most casual-appealing fighting in the last decade, MKX, featured a variable system where characters were changed fairly significantly, to the point where learning each of the versions was like learning a new character. Casuals don't really care about picking that kinda stuff - if anything, they just want things that look flashy, cool, & are fun to use in-game.
You make a great point. There are far more complicated things being done in fighting games than giving people a good amount of options in a street fighter game. Chances are even mid level and casual players will be able to see the difference between Chun's current V-Trigger and something like her new Kikosho. These expanded choices also allow more room for flash and differentiation between players. Lord knows Nash and Chun could have used a second V-Trigger/V-Skill/CA last year when we were getting a lot of mirror matches in top 8 and 16 with people like Yukadon, LI Joe, Infiltration, Ricky, MOV, GO-1, etc.

Options and customization are things to be embraced in fighting games. Gotta let people express themselves, especially in 1v1 fighters.

Stantron

I play SFV on steam with a 360 TES stick.
I wanted to get an additional stick, the PS4 Razer Panthera, for local 2 player.
Anyone know if there would be any issues trying to play with both a 360 and PS4 stick on the same PC?

I see there is a xbox one version of the panthera, but the PS4 version looks better to me with the R3/L3 and touchpad on the surface. Only downside I can see is that it doesn't work with Killer Instinct PC if I ever wanted to buy that. Not sure if there would be another driver update for that.

Teh Lurv

I play SFV on steam with a 360 TES stick.
I wanted to get an additional stick, the PS4 Razer Panthera, for local 2 player.
Anyone know if there would be any issues trying to play with both a 360 and PS4 stick on the same PC?

I see there is a xbox one version of the panthera, but the PS4 version looks better to me with the R3/L3 and touchpad on the surface. Only downside I can see is that it doesn't work with Killer Instinct PC if I ever wanted to buy that. Not sure if there would be another driver update for that.

IIRC, the Panthera uses XInput on PC so it should work with your 360 stick. I did a quick test myself by plugging in my XInput fightstick and a wired OEM 360 controller. I was able to versus match with both controllers fine.

*Jett's post*

Street Fighter makes it so difficult for me to look at GG/DBZ in motion. I respect the hell out of what they've done, but having such full and fluid animations adds too much for me to go without at this point.

You can tell they spent a lot of time on her.

Stantron

IIRC, the Panthera uses XInput on PC so it should work with your 360 stick. I did a quick test myself by plugging in my XInput fightstick and a wired OEM 360 controller. I was able to versus match with both controllers fine.

Yeah, apparently the PS4 Panthera had a Xinput driver update in January that made it compatible with PC version of SFV. Thanks for your input. Appreciate it. Seems like it should work then.

Just curious, what Xinput fightstick do you have? The PS4 Panthera or something else?

Teh Lurv

Yeah, apparently the PS4 Panthera had a Xinput driver update in January that made it compatible with PC version of SFV. Thanks for your input. Appreciate it. Seems like it should work then.

Just curious, what Xinput fightstick do you have? The PS4 Panthera or something else?

I've been using a Mayflash F500 fightstick ever since my TES died.

JusDoIt

There shouldn’t be an LP reset in general, but there should be an LP reset for inactive accounts. Like if you don’t play ranked for a month. Just to encourage people to hop online.

Teh Lurv

There shouldn’t be an LP reset in general, but there should be an LP reset for inactive accounts. Like if you don’t play ranked for a month. Just to encourage people to hop online.

A month is too aggressive, a reset after six months or so of complete online inactivity to clear out people who quit the game from the ranks.

Sayad

Gnuo1i6.gif

Her whiff animation after whiffed DP is pretty cute, if you want something to capture. :3

Also, something I love about SFV is recovery animation not being restricted by actual moves recovery, the actual recovery for her sweep for example is nowhere near as long as that animation, the last part is optional and can be interrupted if you start moving.

Her whiff animation after whiffed DP is pretty cute, if you want something to capture. :3

Also, something I love about SFV is recovery animation not being restricted by actual moves recovery, the actual recovery for her sweep for example is nowhere near as long as that animation, the last part is optional and can be interrupted if you start moving.
Yup, it's why characters like Ken, Kolin and Menat have some extraordinarily amazing recovery animations.

Abigail is one of the best for recovery animations, since most of his moves end in him dancing lol
I like that they animated his lips so accurately. You can look at them and see what noise he is making without even hearing it. Watching that while he thumps people with the neutral throw or while going into his command run is such nice attention to detail.

Well this is a whole new version so I'd at least expect some. Guilty Gear and blazblue does it.
Yeah, I'm just saying that some characters have already gotten a ton of stuff. Capcom should have gone the ASW route all at once in season 2 and given everyone at least one new/returning move instead of just giving certain characters 1, 2 or even 3 whole new moves. At this point characters like Necalli, Cammy or even Sim are not top candidates for new normals or specials. They've already eaten well. Time for lacking characters to get a seat at the table.
Give Mika her wall bounce back.

Also, give her v-skill two hits of armor.

Make Mika Great Again!
I was thinking Capcom could just make the mic bounce higher off the floor as a way to make it more of an AA or just safer in general. It's not much of an improvement, but it is something.
I thought every alex main said the DDT was useless in 3rd strike though
It does suck, but it looks cool and it shouldn't be hard to improve.
Doesn't mean it'd be useless in sfv.
Mhmmm
DDT was kinda worthless, but a ranged command grab always has potential.
Yep

Air Knee Strike was garbage in 3S, but no one ever mentions it. What use is there in an AA grab that can be parried? None, but in SFV it is fast enough to beat air fireballs/air approaches and the EX version connects off AA crouching heavy punches easily. Also, slash elbow got better as well. It has got better pressure applications, more combo potential and the EX version even has armor (albeit not frame 1, but still).

Spiral DDT could definitely be improved.
What I really want back is his back + HP head butt.
I miss b.HP headbutt as well. If they do bring it back I'd like it to have a hefty amount of stun and damage like it did in 3S. What I miss more is his overhead heavy punch, though. It is a risky button, but a successful one is all you need to crush counter your opponent's spirit. Just a couple of medium buttons and a st.HP overhead on Akuma is enough to seal a round on Akuma lol. It would have been dope as a charged CC overhead. I have no clue why the function went to Necalli whose toolset is already stacked, though.

Village

I'm really fond of Ed and Balrog's Dash animations particularly Balrog dash punch into turn around, that shit is the smoothest. And ed's dash, psycho upper and especially his back throw

MrCarter

*Jett's post*

Street Fighter makes it so difficult for me to look at GG/DBZ in motion. I respect the hell out of what they've done, but having such full and fluid animations adds too much for me to go without at this point.

The attention to detail is gorgeous. From Jett’s posts you can see a clear through line of animation that perfectly encaptures her character. Also, it’s one of the reasons why I’m very much looking forward to new V-Triggers due to the great animation work this team does.

Pompadour

The way her little cape/sash/purple thing flows and settles when she sits down in that third GIF is really impressive tbh.

Do any of the S2 characters have bad clipping issues like the launch cast? The team may have learned from their mistakes because Menat, in particular, looks fantastic. It's like how the Super SF4 cast onwards looked considerably better than the vanilla cast.

That just mean it would fit nicely with the rest of his move set!

Yeah, he has every tool in the book but they're all shit. They should give him a Dan-level projectile to top things off.

Alex isn't even a jack-of-all-trades, he's like a 6-of-clubs-of-all trades.

Top Bottom