• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Scotia

Banned
Bring back the DDT!

colorswap.php

It's shit but it's good shit!

I could easily see it being viable, especially if the Ex version has a hit of armor or comes out quickly like Ex Dolphin Dive. Make it worth the risk by having it cause a chunk of stun and people will fear it.

A month is too aggressive, a reset after six months or so of complete online inactivity to clear out people who quit the game from the ranks.

It doesnt even need to be that. It simply needs to read inactive accounts (say 2 months with no log in?) and put then in an inactive state so they dont count towards rank number. If they log on again it reactivates where it left off.

That way your rank number would be more accurate and people wouldnt just log on once every 4 months to keep the rank from being reset.

Surfside

Banned
I've been using a Mayflash F500 fightstick ever since my TES died.

I use the same stick. I can't get the leftward 2x quarter circle motion, for the CA, to work. Righward comes off nicely and single leftward is also no problem. Really don't know of it's the stick or i'm just too dumb.

Little correction on my part, it's the F300.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Or just play in Casual and never go back to rank.
So they always fight people who are better than them and lose the majority of the time? Sounds fun.

If it bothers you, blacklist them if they quit on you. Alternatively, stop caring if people quit on you in casuals.

Resetting everything just so 99% percent of players can end up where they already were in the rankings while wasting a ton of time playing blowout matches is a bad idea motivated purely by an irrational desire to make sure nobody gets something they don't "deserve" in a video game.

I use the same stick. I can't get the leftward 2x quarter circle motion, for the CA, to work. Righward comes off nicely and single leftward is also no problem. Really don't know of it's the stick or i'm just too dumb.

I had the same issue using my matflash F300 (moded with Sanwa stick and buttons). I just cant consistantly pull off double quarter circles with it in comboes. I actually went back to pad because of it where I pull of those moves just fine.

Its only a shame because I love hitting those big buttons lol. I play better with pad but its less satisfying.

Pompadour

Casual shouldn't be based on rank. It doesn't even work correctly because people play way worse than their rank implies in Casual.

Also, rank per character is sorely needed.

Bring back the DDT!

colorswap.php

It's shit but it's good shit!
An example of good shit is the show "Spartacus". If you'd recommend it to somebody you'd go, well as a show it's kinda shit but oh boy is it good!

The same can't apply here because there's nothing good about this abomination performing a wrestling move.

Surfside

Banned
I had the same issue using my matflash F300 (moded with Sanwa stick and buttons). I just cant consistantly pull off double quarter circles with it in comboes. I actually went back to pad because of it where I pull of those moves just fine.

Its only a shame because I love hitting those big buttons lol. I play better with pad but its less satisfying.

Yeah it's just a shame, because combos feel more natural wiht the stick. And i can use all buttons. On my pad i don't use L1 and 2 because it feels awkward to me.

Scotia

Banned
An example of good shit is the show "Spartacus". If you'd recommend it to somebody you'd go, well as a show it's kinda shit but oh boy is it good!

The same can't apply here because there's nothing good about this abomination performing a wrestling move.

Let me have this pls

Yeah, he has every tool in the book but they're all shit. They should give him a Dan-level projectile to top things off.

Alex isn't even a jack-of-all-trades, he's like a 6-of-clubs-of-all trades.
We just have to fuse different versions of Alex together to make a viable character. Just give season 2.5 SFV Alex his 3S stomps, b.HP headbutt, season 1 st.mp/cr.mp/cr.mk frame data and S1 air knee strike oki. Now he is maybe... bottom of the mid tier?
I could easily see it being viable, especially if the Ex version has a hit of armor or comes out quickly like Ex Dolphin Dive. Make it worth the risk by having it cause a chunk of stun and people will fear it.
I used to think EX spiral DDT would be the perfect grab invul wakeup, but EX headbutt currently has it, so I'm a little lost as to what spiral DDT could do. Maybe all versions cause knockdown so the EX version would be a good candidate for a special that gives him Oki? He is sorely lacking in that department right now and EX headbutt doesn't cause knockdown...

food for thought
This is just Cammy's air throw.
I keep telling people Capcom devs in Japan somehow mistranslated requests for spiral DDT and we ended up with a Cammy air throw. I don't know how, but in some cockamamie way that is how it happened.

If it bothers you, blacklist them if they quit on you.

Oh yeah I just have to remember their name whoever rage quits.

Why are people defending shit and leaving something broken and not fix it?

If Capcom could make something similar to Killer Instict's then why not? If people care so much about ranking up, they don't have to worry about deranking and the fear of getting 2-1 if they accept a rematch.

Yeah it's just a shame, because combos feel more natural wiht the stick. And i can use all buttons. On my pad i don't use L1 and 2 because it feels awkward to me.

Put v trigger on L2. Feels decent to me.
Come to think of it, I should try v reversal on l1, those trip inputs are awkward on pad.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Oh yeah I just have to remember their name whoever rage quits.

Why are people defending shit and leaving something broken and not fix it?

If Capcom could make something similar to Killer Instict's then why not? If people care so much about ranking up, they don't have to worry about deranking and the fear of getting 2-1 if they accept a rematch.
You just can't stay on a logical train of thought.

If you had said they should change the way ranking works entirely I wouldn't have even responded. But you said they should completely ruin matchmaking on purpose for the sake of resetting a tiny minority of players out of spite.

The point spread is enormous now, resetting would result in uneven matchups for a very long time. Not something Capcom can afford when they're on the verge of a big update aimed at casuals.

I have no objection to alternative forms of ranking. I'd love a system where I don't have to worry about ranking down. But that's not the idea I was responding to.

As for remembering their names, you're the kind of guy who uploads videos that no one will ever see of laggy matches because you think they're lagswitching so forgive me if I thought it reasonable to assume you'd also have time to keep a spreadsheet of people you fight and pin it to your conspiracy wall.

Yeah I seem to be totally used to the pad now. HP on R1, HK on R2. Then on the left I have all three K or P on L1 (for v reversal so change it according to character) and then v-trigger on L2. Seeing as I only use those now and then and not with complex d-pad moves then work fine.

Yeah I seem to be totally used to the pad now. HP on R1, HK on R2. Then on the left I have all three K or P on L1 (for v reversal so change it according to character) and then v-trigger on L2. Seeing as I only use those now and then and not with complex d-pad moves then work fine.
I'll never understand this abomination of a setup sf4 started, y'all need to embrace the superior snes setup; triggers have no business being regular buttons.

I'll never understand this abomination of a setup sf4 started, y'all need to embrace the superior snes setup; triggers have no business being regular buttons.

lol. While i know what you mean. left bumper is not a good position for me. d-pad motions and pressing that button with good timing is not something that comes naturally to me at all. I can just adjust my timming with the trigger. While if it was a normal button it would be better, I can adjust easily enough.

jett

D-Member
Her whiff animation after whiffed DP is pretty cute, if you want something to capture. :3

Yass. Couldn't help make more Menat gifs.

S4Rkyaa.gif

PdA62d0.gif

Wd1go07.gif

These are all played at half-speed, so it just goes to show the amount of work that the animators have put into something you barely even see.

I'm really fond of Ed and Balrog's Dash animations particularly Balrog dash punch into turn around, that shit is the smoothest. And ed's dash, psycho upper and especially his back throw

I don't play Rog, but I made a thing.

PXvWoic.gif

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't play SFV if it didn't look as nice as it does.

Neoxon

A small animation showcase featuring Menat.

KzHFDUj.gif

Gnuo1i6.gif

TLRTPtO.gif

I really like all the detail of her handling her crystal ball thing. And people bitch about bits of clipping in the game but I'll take it for this kind of flowing cloth physics.
Yass. Couldn't help make more Menat gifs.

S4Rkyaa.gif

PdA62d0.gif

Wd1go07.gif

These are all played at half-speed, so it just goes to show the amount of work that the animators have put into something you barely even see.
These Menat gifs are too good.

mbpm1

Just tired of being defenseless everytime I get knocked down while the dp character I'm fighting get's to have the option of choosing to fuck me up on their wakeup. Get's annoying when they win that rng roll enough times
Everyone can fuck you up on wakeup with counterhit jab.

Trickster

Ya rly. You go for a throw, you get fucked by jab.

So the thousands of times I've been crush countered when I jab on wakeup is because I've just misstimed the jab all those times? Or when I get command grabbed on wakeup

If what you said is true, Then all the pro's are complete bellends for not always jabbing on wakeup

Top Bottom