• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I'm exercising my rights as a long time SFV OT poster to say SFV threads on the Gaming side are a disaster.

We're through the looking glass now. Shut it all down.

Mask Off is the only trap song I've ever sung to in my life.

And that's because my friends and I think it's hilarious to unintelligibly scream the lyrics out of a car window.

myco666

Mask Off? Trap? World is moving too fast for me.

I'm exercising my rights as a long time SFV OT poster to say SFV threads on the Gaming side are a disaster.

We're through the looking glass now. Shut it all down.

The character discussion ones seemed fine to me.

The heaviest, darkest shit I listen to is Slipknot, and I hate growly metal screaming (unless it's Ivan Moody's).

Black metal scares me.

My brother had a Cannibal Corpse phase, oh what a fun time that was. Fortunately he went to England and became an EDM fan. Funny how people change.

Black Metal can range from shit to amazing depending on the performers and their "style", unlike Death metal which is universally shit.

Village

That surprises me, considering how much you like edgy stuff.

Your mistake was thinking edgyness can only be communicated in rock music.

You Got hip hop, instrumental Hip Hip hop, then like all the Future Funk/Vaperwave/80's synth /Electronic shit, then you got like a lot of just old central and south american music. Thee's a lot more things that can communicate action and excitement then just rock music. I feel like even still now, video games as a genre often limits itself by doing this

Also I don't listen to edgy stuff all the time, sometimes I listen to happy things, and funny things, and chill stuf though that stuff can be pretty edgy.

myco666

My brother had a Cannibal Corpse phase, oh what a fun time that was. Fortunately he went to England and became an EDM fan. Funny how people change.

Black Metal can range from shit to amazing depending on the performers and their "style", unlike Death metal which is universally shit.

I bet you burned your hands while writing this hot take.

Village

..Well shit

Alright

What's the earliest prediction for a Rog Or Ueien costume, and what do you think those costumes might be included in.

Also how do you feel about SFV's refusal to resell old CPT costumes when games like overwatch had costumes from old events be available when said event rolled around again

Also how do you feel about SFV's refusal to resell old CPT costumes when games like overwatch had costumes from old events be available when said event rolled around again
I think it's pretty stupid and pointless and serves no purpose tbh.

I legit thought that they would go the overwatch route and sell themed costumes only during the specific event.... mainly because it makes sense.

..Well shit

Alright

What's the earliest prediction for a Rog Or Ueien costume, and what do you think those costumes might be included in.

I predict Balrog will have a racist or racially insensitive alt this year's halloween pack.

..Well shit

Alright

Isn't Balrog supposed to get the code to remove his jacket. Maybe they can add that to all base costumes addding or removing an item.

I think they will sell them eventually it would be crazy not to.

Going back to my first thought do we ever see FANG without glasses?

Going back to my first thought do we ever see FANG without glasses?
No, but his Story costume's glasses are transparent unlike his default and Battle Outfit's glasses. So while I don't think they'll do a costume without glasses altogether, transparent glasses are still an option.

I predict Balrog will have a racist or racially insensitive alt this year's halloween pack.
This is a pretty good bet tbh.

..Well shit

Alright

Urien deserves a new costume ASAP. I have ideas.

The CPT cutoff is lame. Necalli's CPT alt is the best DLC outfit in the whole game.

would be neat if there's a rival schools costume pack and urien gets a nagare alt
That would be lovely, though continuing with the Sports costume theme pack, I've said previously that they should give Urien a water polo outfit. It suits him perfectly plus it ties into his Greek inspirations as it's a popular sport in that country.

As for Rival Schools in SFV, they need to make an evening/nighttime variant of the beach stage and have the men of RS in the background in their swimsuited glory, with Nagare front and center. (Then make a RS3.)

Wait, you think Character World thread is pretty bad? How?
I was talking about the SFV newcomer thread, which was apparently erected over an ancient burial site, hence the madness within.

Pompadour

I've been away for the past few days. Are we expecting any announcements for Gamescom? The 30th anniversary is this month, after all.

After playing SfII and Alpha 2 recently(can't speak for 3s. I can say with a clear mind that those games do not hold up and it is pure nostalgia speaking.

That would be lovely, though continuing with the Sports costume theme pack, I've said previously that they should give Urien a water polo outfit. It suits him perfectly plus it ties into his Greek inspirations as it's a popular sport in that country.

As for Rival Schools in SFV, they need to make an evening/nighttime variant of the beach stage and have the men of RS in the background in their swimsuited glory, with Nagare front and center. (Then make a RS3.)

I was talking about the SFV newcomer thread, which was apparently erected over an ancient burial site, hence the madness within.
Get your butt in the Discord. Link is below, quote to reveal.

After playing SfII and Alpha 2 recently(can't speak for 3s. I can say with a clear mind that those games do not hold up and it is pure nostalgia speaking.
Sure-Jan.gif

Scotia

Banned

imo SF2 is slowly starting to show it's age, but the Alpha games and 3S still hold up today.

hopefully the 30th anniversary game includes them

c'mon gamescom

I'll legit be depressed if nothing about the anniversary collection get's announced at gamescom

Do we have any information at all about when Capcom might say something about SFV at Gamescom if in fact they plan to say anything?

I think someone on the discord chat said Tuesday. Not sure though

MechaX

I have half the mind to drop Cammy to play Laura for a bit, because Laura is kind of endearing in the sense that I am not sure if she is just an airhead or if she's legitimately insane. And electric powers are cool and all.

What is the secret to success with Laura?

Top Bottom