• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Pompadour

Is there much overlap between the MvC and SF teams?

They may have pulled SF staff over to work on MvCI. Even for games with extensive DLC, I don't think most of them maintain their pre-launch team sizes.

But who knows. Maybe SFV's team was never big. It would explain why it took until the 5th character reveal to reveal a new stage.

Edit: Thinking back to that, it seems crazy that people were blindsided that this game lacked content. Sure, I obsessively followed SFV but there were so many clues that this game was going to be barebones from the beginning.

They may have pulled SF staff over to work on MvCI. Even for games with extensive DLC, I don't think most of them maintain their pre-launch team sizes.

But who knows. Maybe SFV's team was never big. It would explain why it took until the 5th character reveal to reveal a new stage.

Edit: Thinking back to that, it seems crazy that people were blindsided that this game lacked content. Sure, I obsessively followed SFV but there were so many clues that this game was going to be barebones from the beginning.

People who followed the game knew that it was going to be bare-bones.
But most people didn't follow it and Capcom didn't exactly make the state of the game obvious on the (Steam) store page. They never posted the road map there, for example.

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;246729710 said:
People who followed the game knew that it was going to be bare-bones.
But most people didn't follow it and Capcom didn't exactly make the state of the game obvious on the (Steam) store page. They never posted the road map there, for example.

Yeah, that's why it shocked me that people were so surprised and outraged. I got the sense the competitive community were hyped but that the casual fans had no opinion of the game, good or bad. I expected it to sell poorly because it wasn't on their radar, not because they found out about its flaws.

It was like they discovered SFV existed and then immediately became enraged over no Arcade Mode on the same day.

Didn't someone explain the netcode situation? Like you usually have one or two dudes overseeing the project from the company but like Capcom hired a whole team/company to do it for them?

MrCarter

My A R C A D E mode which I'll only play one time and then never touch it again! This is totally and utterly unacceptable and I feel offended by this!

/s

I actually hope they release other modes in SFV except arcade so they can troll these people even further lol.

Didn't someone explain the netcode situation? Like you usually have one or two dudes overseeing the project from the company but like Capcom hired a whole team/company to do it for them?

I believe they hired the company and the netcode was developed by them however it was implemented by one/two people.

Pompadour

The netcode is owned and designed by Capcom and they had been working on it since SFxT.

The one guy meme was about their server system that they needed for FM tracking, stats, and matchmaking. Their first CFN was outsourced to a Chinese or Korean company which put only one engineer on building it.

MrCarter

The netcode is owned and designed by Capcom and they had been working on it since SFxT.

The one guy meme was about their server system that they needed for FM tracking, stats, and matchmaking. Their first CFN was outsourced to a Chinese or Korean company which put only one engineer on building it.

This. Thanks.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
My A R C A D E mode which I'll only play one time and then never touch it again! This is totally and utterly unacceptable and I feel offended by this!

/s

I actually hope they release other modes in SFV except arcade so they can troll these people even further lol.

Like, I get that this is your thing and all but just because you don't play arcade mode more than once doesn't mean that no one else does.

I play arcade mode all the time. I recently bought UMvC3 for PS4 and spent over 9 hours on arcade mode before I ever touched Heroes and Heralds or even played a match against another person.

MrCarter

Like, I get that this is your thing and all but just because you don't play arcade mode more than once doesn't mean that no one else does.

I play arcade mode all the time. I recently bought UMvC3 for PS4 and spent over 9 hours on arcade mode before I ever touched Heroes and Heralds or even played a match against another person.

Of course I was kidding. I want everyone (including yourself) to enjoy the game as much as they can. However, as I mentioned, I personally don't care too much for it and don't really see the point now. Would rather they focus on making different and original modes imo.

Producer

We should play umvc3 ps4 sometime

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The stream's just gonna be one of the many Campcom-Unity streams where they just aimlessly play the game, don't do this to yourselves.

Of course I was kidding. I want everyone (including yourself) to enjoy the game as much as they can. However, as I mentioned, I personally don't care too much for it and don't really see the point now. Would rather they focus on making different and original modes imo.
I think there's something to be gained from the simplicity and structure of Arcade Mode, I think.

We should play umvc3 ps4 sometime
I don't currently have PS+ but as soon as I get it I'd love to!

Just... I'm not particularly good.

Gootenks?
3kiVeCY.gif

LakeEarth

The stream's just gonna be one of the many Campcom-Unity streams where they just aimlessly play the game, don't do this to yourselves
Seriously. Keep your expectations low, and you won't be pissed off when Capcom fails us again. Or surprises us, I mean I guess that's possible too...

I created an alt on my PS4 version called "FairlyBigPanda" and got to Ultra Bronze in about an hour and a half on a 23 game winstreak. CRUSH YOU LIKE A CAN!

Smurfs are fun. I might main Abigail though so is it still a smurf?

While I'm here: The PS4 version of SFV feels smoother than the PC version. Might be microstutter on my PC though...

Oh also I want to spread a bug fix if anyone on PC has run into a seriously nasty issue where plugging in a DirectInput stick causes something called WMI Provider Host to occupy a huge chunk of your CPU and make SFV's framerate low. But then you disconnect your controller and the CPU usage goes back to normal:

Backup your Steamapps folder, delete your Steam install and re-install Steam. It's a really nasty bug w/ Steam + SFV to do with Steam controllers, Big Picture mode and controller profiles...

I created an alt on my PS4 version called "FairlyBigPanda" and got to Ultra Bronze in about an hour and a half on a 23 game winstreak. CRUSH YOU LIKE A CAN!

Smurfs are fun. I might main Abigail though so is it still a smurf?

You're proud of being a Smurf? It's like Kramer in the kid karate class lol.

Top Bottom