• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sudan threatens to cut off world's supply of Coca-Cola

Status
Not open for further replies.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
May16 said:
I just pictured dying on a battlefield and saying, "Tell...my wife that...I......love Coke."

Oh man.

Hopefully this only means coke though, because I totally would kick ass for Vanilla Coke especially since it JUST came back.

Jasoco

Banned
QVT said:
Oh man.

Hopefully this only means coke though, because I totally would kick ass for Vanilla Coke especially since it JUST came back.
Nope. It means just about EVERYTHING.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_gum

Still, it remains an important ingredient in soft drink syrups, "hard" gummy candies like gumdrops, and in marshmallows. As the name implies, gum arabic is also found in chewing gums, where it acts as one of the many factors that result in the texture of the gum. For artists it is the traditional binder used in watercolor paint, and was used in photography for gum printing. Pharmaceuticals and cosmetics also use the gum, and it is used as a binder in pyrotechnic compositions. It is an important ingredient in shoe polish. It is also used often as a lickable adhesive on postage stamps and cigarette papers. Printers employ it to stop oxidation of aluminum printing plates in the interval between processing of the plate and its use on a printing press.

mollipen

Suburban Cowboy said:
do u guys not see?! No coke means no coke and rum!!

Do you really call it coke & rum, instead of rum & coke? If so, that's just weird.

As far as this whole "cutting of the world's supply of soda" thing... I pretty sure I saw this on an episode of G.I. Joe when I was a kid. Sounds like the kind of plot Cobra Commander would come up with.

OatmealMu

Forgotten Ancient said:
gadget1.jpg

I welcome this news. Water is so much better in every way.

What was that called again? Kooky Kola? Wasn't there even a theme song?

EDIT: Ah, found it! Coo-Coo Cola!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vihd8XKrsyQ

mugwhump

shidoshi said:
Do you really call it coke & rum, instead of rum & coke? If so, that's just weird.
I don't say it at all, so I'm an unbiased sample.

Having tried them both out, I think I slightly prefer "Coke and rum" for the hard consonant before the second syllable.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
"I can stop that gum arabic and all of us will have lost this," Khartoum Karl warned anew, beckoning to the Coke bottle. "But I don't want to go that way."

:lol :lol :lol I can imagine him acting all gangster, pointing a gun at the coke bottle.

"I COULD BLAST THIS FOOL RIGHT NOW....but I won't."

Shapingo

Iamthegamer said:
:lol :lol :lol I can imagine him acting all gangster, pointing a gun at the coke bottle.

"I COULD BLAST THIS FOOL RIGHT NOW....but I won't."

Most, if not all Africans hate gangsta blacks (mainly american ones, some french too)

Though ending the bloodshed was right, part of me thinks it had more to do with the US not wanting China and Russia getting powerful through Sudan's oil.

tnw

Banned
now the us has to worry about securing arabic gum reserves to satisfy its fizzy drink addiction.

Invasion of Sudan confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom