• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2004 GA Mix Exchange - SIGN UP NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

Well, here we go again.

It's time for the Summer 2004 GA Mix Exchange folks. If you're interested, send me an e-mail with:

Your Name
Your GA Name
Address
Musical Tastes (feel free to reference specific bands)

Those that have yet to deliver in the Spring 2004 exchange are not eligible to participate. Everyone else is more than welcome. If you're blacklisted, work out your backlog and we'll talk.

The process is relatively simple: You're placed in a group with three other people, and I try to match you up with similar musical tastes. You send out a mix CD to each group member by a certain date (to be determined) and give a brief review for the mixes you receive.

If there's demand, I can create organize a few groups to exchange mixes over Soulseek/FTP/Torrent instead of mail, to save on postage. If you would like to be in the "digital transfer" group, please send me an e-mail indicating this, along with your musical tastes, file transfer utility (FTP, Soulseek, etc.), and your name on that client (if applicable).

Interested?

Send your info to buddyc at gmail.com

Registered thus far -

Eminem
Alucard
Jim Bowie
Spangler
CeruleanSilver
sefskillz
Hotarubi (even though he hasn't registered for the forum yet)
Fifty
El Papa
SirPopopop
RiZ III
Raoul Duke
yoshifumi
mjq jazz bar
=W=
Archaix
B'z-chan
StrikerObi
sp0rsk
FnordChan

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
We should ahve mix exchange ratings so we can develop a set of relliable mixers.

It almost seems a little early, I thought there were only Fall/Spring exchanges. :p

Not that I mind, I will probably participate, but what are we looking at in terms of a timetable for this?

BuddyC

I'll keep registration open for a week or so. We're probably looking at a ship date of late July, that way stragglers get them out by the second week of August or so.

B'z-chan

Banned
StrikerObi said:
Alright why not, I haven't done one of these things yet.

I'm in. Email sent.

Ditto

EDIT: I can also make songs available to people on SoulSeek very easily. Just drop me a line with your SoulSeek name.

BuddyC

fart said:
too early. deferring to fall

Nah. This one should wrap up just as the next one begins, as it should be. Besides, there are a bunch of people who haven't participated before. If you don't want to participate this go round, you don't have to.

Dilbert

I'd be interested, as long as I wouldn't have to send out the CDs before the end of July at the EARLIEST.

The Shadow, impirius, and DaCocoBrova (if he's even here anymore) can vouch for my reliability...and they can probably tell you about my crazy ass taste in music. :) (Everyone got two CDs from me last time: one mix catered to their particular taste/curiosities, and one mix which was a one-disc "tour around my CD collection.")

Oh yeah -- I was really proud of my covers, too. I'll have to post them one of these days...

BuddyC

I added a bit to the first post - there's been some demand to share the mixes electronically rather than via mail.

So if you want to exchange over Torrent/FTP/Soulseek/Whatever, just let me know and I'll group you with other, like-minded individuals.

This should save on postage and encourage more people to participate, as it requires less work overall.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I always send my shit out (it might be a week late, but it gets sent out)

I would be happy to form a group with other weary but reliable participants if worry that you won't get mixes/reviews has you not participating.

Late July isn't a lot of time to make these though.

IJoel

It was a bitch creating the previous mix. I'd send the same one with minor alterations. :p

Is this valid? If so, count me in.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'll join this one. I meant to join the last few, but always either forgot about it or missed the post.

edit: In case you aren't sending out an email reply, post a reply if you get my email. The server is being wonky and I don't know whether it went through.

Yeah. I'm in.

I much prefer sending and receiving things. I don't know. It's just, like, you may as well send me the band names and I'll do the downloading myself. Kind of ruins the fun of waiting for something in the mail.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
if anyone wants to do it digitally, i can do it both ways............................

BuddyC

Archaix said:
I'll join this one. I meant to join the last few, but always either forgot about it or missed the post.

edit: In case you aren't sending out an email reply, post a reply if you get my email. The server is being wonky and I don't know whether it went through.

I got yours :)

FnordChan

Shit, I'm still trying to beat mixes and reviews out of folks from the last exchange. I'm also thinking this is a tad early, but what the hell - go ahead and count me in.

FnordChan

BuddyC

FnordChan said:
Shit, I'm still trying to beat mixes and reviews out of folks from the last exchange. I'm also thinking this is a tad early, but what the hell - go ahead and count me in.

FnordChan

I can totally understand those that find this a bit early, but I got all my mixes out on time and I've only received on from my group, and one from a third party...and those were months ago. Besides, I've been putting a mix CD in my head lately, and I didn't want to wait another few months. I figured there have to be some like me, or some that didn't participate in the last one.

yoshifumi

Banned
seriously, his ban better be temporary and he'd better be able to finish organizing this, because i'm already pretty excited. i've already started to make mixes.

Fifty

yoshifumi said:
seriously, his ban better be temporary and he'd better be able to finish organizing this, because i'm already pretty excited. i've already started to make mixes.

Buddy wants me to tell you that his banning will not affect this whatsoever.

fart

Savant
also i demand to be in a group with swoon because his suggestions in the folk thread were the hottest thing i've heard in a long time (it was swoon who pimped out vetiver right? the elected?)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I'll be in, though I'd prefer the digital transfer dealie over the postal route. Should I still send an e-mail?

BuddyC

If you want to be in the " digital transfer" group or want to be with a specific person, it's best to send me an e-mail.

Also, make sure you include your GA nickname in the e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom