• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
A-hee~

Actually, I just meant she was my favorite for Joshiroku. I shortend the last name because I have no idea how the hell to spell that.

I'm not even bothering with the crazy names Kumeta came up with for this show.

Fortunately, as is true with most anime, hair color is the ultimate shortcut.

Black > Purple > Orange > Green > Yellow

Yeah, I'm not even going to make an attempt at memorizing those seventeen-puns-in-a-single-word names.

Black > Green > Red > Yellow > Purple

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Why would someone do this to themself?

Someone who has prior knowledge of the characters and story from the previous installment will undoubtedly be more affected by the last episode than someone coming in fresh. I feel that's pretty important. I don't see the value of watching a show while skipping the one that came before it.

No offense of course Ultima. :)

Joshiraku 01
l7ic3.gif

Yep, one of the best EDs of this season. (Maybe ever)

An extremely amusing episode. I really liked the fourth wall breaking jokes that it started with and basically the weirdness of this being an anime in general.

The puns were fun, language puns that I vaguely get. The show is very active even though it's basically talking heads in a room, which is very impressive.

I also see some small SHAFT-ness, with the random text in the background, which is pretty cool. Will watch so much more.

Articalys

AKB0048 11

It still amazes me just how much drama they can wring out of this.

Anyway,
so of course the new big song for the kenkyuusei is the show's ending theme. Should make for a big finish in two more weeks

anyone who watches E7 AO before E7 is crazy and doing it wrong

Even if you actually liked E7, I don't think there's anybody who thought it needed a sequel.

Steins;gate 10

Flat is justice!

truth-girl speaks the truth.

This show is supposed to get interesting, right?

You're just about at the point where shit gets real. The first part of the show up to like episode 12 is character development and setting up the main story arc.

Ultimadrago

Someone who has prior knowledge of the characters and story from the previous installment will undoubtedly be more affected by the last episode than someone coming in fresh. I don't see the value of watching a show while skipping the one that came before it.

No offense of course Ultima. :)

None taken, I thought of it as a likely event starting the series off. I was wondering when it would come off. This episode feels like the only one where it came into great swing. Also, I've had a number of issues with a number of episodes before this one when this wasn't the case. Therefore, me not "feeling" Eureka Seven AO is far from a new outcome due to not watching the previous series.

Horizon s2 1

ogU9F.jpg

surprise buttsecks

Simply amazing. This is the reason I watch anime. There was just a whole lot of STUFF happening, and I couldn't tell you why at all. It was just nonstop insanity with the only downtime being that transgender kid's misusing of the word sex.

After watching this episode, I went back to check out the last few minutes of 13 of s1 again. What's interesting about this is it's an absolutely SEAMLESS transition into the same exact conflict that season 1 ended on with a cliffhanger. It's like they had an uneven amount of content in terms of time, so they had to just cut the episode and put the remaining content in this one. Probably not the best approach for people that have mostly forgotten what was going on.

Tori is still awesome of course. Even when the guy has no fighting skills at all, he totally livens up the battlefield with his antics and even helped with the disgusting ability. And of course the dude just doesn't give a shit at all that he's naked. Best protagonist of the season once again.

gfdQq.jpg

This being said during the credits is genius.

So yeah, I was spot on with the placement of this in the OP. Definitely my number 2 for now. If this episode is any indication, it will be far and away above season 1 as well. Can't wait to see how it develops.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
None taken, I thought of it as a likely event starting the series off. I was wondering when it would come off. This episode feels like the only one where it came into great swing. Also, I've had a number of issues with a number of episodes before this one when this wasn'tthe case. Therefore, me not "feeling" Eureka AO Seven is far from a new outcome due to not watching the previous series.
I'm indifferent as a fan of the original. I can't imagine the lack of emotional impact that 12 would have had to someone who didn't care.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So now that EVO and football and school are over it is finally time to go back into animu!

...I have months of catching up to do. Somebody tell me what's the good shit from this season to add to my last season schedule. Besides Lagrange 2, natch.

wonzo

Banned
Moyashimon 5

Anime needs more cool old people and I'm not just talking about this guy.
I wonder if what the old dude said to Sawaki about losing his special ability will be touched on in this series.

plus the new character seems p. cool.

So now that EVO and football and school are over it is finally time to go back into animu!

...I have months of catching up to do. Somebody tell me what's the good shit from this season to add to my last season schedule. Besides Lagrange 2, natch.
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Tari Tari, Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Joshiraku all own and are totally worth checking out, especially Jinrui.

Phi Brain s2 14

And just when we thought Nonoha wouldn't be useless for once, she is anyway!

Broken Freecell is amusing. Yeah, I'm sure you want to be the only one who gets to "Puzzle Time" Kaito (if that's what the kids are calling it these days).

Madoka Magica confirmed as progressive anime

suck on its cucumbers made of rolled up dollar bills, haters
ijhS99LMO4y66.gif

What is a "Sisterhood" prize anyway?
Positive portrayal of women?

Because if it was about gender issues, I can't see how Hourou Musuko didn't win.
It was too progressive. :|
Eureka 7 AO 1-8 - while I don't love this, merely liking a bones show (and a sequel, no less) is a pretty big milestone right now. While there are lots of little shots & things that echo the original, this pretty much stands on its own in story, structure, and in its (pleasantly) quicker pace; the art/animation & music, while mostly solid to good and only occasionally wack, are never quite up to E7 OG's levels, but that's a high damn bar. So good fucking job, bones!
Indeed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh, I had no idea Danny Choo sold Culture Japan to Crunchyroll.

At the very least, you can watch the JC Staff studio tour episode without having to jump through hopes now:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/culture-japan/episode-9-how-anime-is-made-at-jc-staff-589806

(Or go back to season 1 when he does the fairly awkward tours of Japanese high schools, just in case you want to get your full weeaboo on!)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/culture-japan/episode-6-ita-g-festival-2010-574036
That one has a particularly funny/awkward moment with a guy who put Heartcatch Precure itasha all over his car... and Choo springs some of the actresses from Precure on him and he doesn't know how to respond. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom