• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
There is one problem with Hyouka 21 that I forgot to mention. They didn't really need Oreki to explain the mystery and it feels like an unecessary exposition dump.

fertygo

It's hard not be be scarred by a series of works you can reduce down to the formula:
Get vieweres to care about half the cast and hate the other half and then kill all of column B and a most of column A. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! ;_;

But Stardust Memory isn't like that...

People hate the story because its just useless rage inducing NTR till the very end.

sonicmj1

Cuz episode 21 is awesome? Hyouka reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII in ways.

What? What?!

No. No no no.

FFXIII has a bad cast, an incredibly boring start, character development that completely collapses in the back half, and a total nonsense ending. And it only gets decent when everyone comes together, while Hyouka starts ramping up when people begin separating on occasion.

God, FFXIII is the worst.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What? What?!

No. No no no.

FFXIII has a bad cast, an incredibly boring start, character development that completely collapses in the back half, and a total nonsense ending. And it only gets decent when everyone comes together, while Hyouka starts ramping up when people begin separating on occasion.

God, FFXIII is the worst.

Okay. Maybe I should've specified more. I was talking more along the lines of progression.

Go_Ly_Dow

This may come in some use:

xCzbx.gif

Hyouka - Episode 21

Wow. There are no words. That was so good. I can admit when I've been owned, so I'll go ahead and say that Hyouka ended up being completely the opposite of what I expected. While the early parts of the series were unevenly paced and boring, it was also a reflection of how we're less likely to accept or appreciate just wasting time with people when we don't really know them or don't care for them. But given the time to slowly watch a small group of characters develop and grow over a series really pays off in the end when the direction of the story winds down into more personal reflections and events.

I can't wait to see how the main relationship in the series concludes next week. I never thought I would say that! >_<

Mayaka is still Best Girl, Erutards can suck it!!!

See Duckroll, this is the result that pure perseverance and simply believing can bring!

Never forget this.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's official: Zettai Karen Children is getting a second season.

hes76.gif

Life is worth living again.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/maikeru_01/3be.gif

That feeling when you realize we will never be able to enjoy this product of grorious nihon culture in English.

So now Aksys and NISA suddenly pretend that they actually have dignity and are above localizing something like this. Pfft.

Considering we get like... 100 new shows every year, the idol-genre isn't particularly saturated.

Isn't it a problem in itself that we actually refer to Idols as a genre at all now?

Hahaha! Thank you for this meal! :D

Looking forward to the deep story and complex characters this is sure to bring :lol

You've really got to work on that problem of revealing really personal things, hahah.

It's here. God damn.

I may be broke, but bought with the fury of a million furious things.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I've watched the first episode of ZKC, but it was really disappointing... Terribly juvenile humour, terrible CG, the MC has a really ugly character design... :(

Really unacceptable stuff for a 50 episode series.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Seriously, $190 is cheap as hell compared to what I paid.
The Korean BDs came out like two years ago and are cheaper than the US set when you add all volumes up. And they got a boxset release in June for 88,000 Korean won, or $78 USD.

Aniplex USA is trying to trick you guys. Don't get tricked.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Korean BDs came out like two years ago and are cheaper than the US set when you add all volumes up. And they got a boxset release in June for 88,000 Korean won, or $78 USD.

Aniplex USA is trying to trick you guys. Don't get tricked.
Oh, really? I'll go do research then.

OceanBlue

I've watched the first episode of ZKC, but it was really disappointing... Terribly juvenile humour, terrible CG, the MC has a really ugly character design... :(

This isn't supposed to change your opinion on it or anything, but I'm pretty sure this was on purpose considering it took Hayate no Gotoku's Sunday morning timeslot. Just something to note~

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
This isn't supposed to change your opinion on it or anything, but I'm pretty sure this was on purpose considering it took Hayate no Gotoku's Sunday morning timeslot. Just something to note~

Hayate's humor is ridiculously sophisticated compared to the "10 year old girl making sex jokes!" humour of ZKC.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
pizzaroll I'm pretty sure that the Bakemonogatari Korean Blu-Ray only has Korean/Japanese subtitles.

That's crazy talk! Hyouka was good through and through ;_; I won't stand for this blasphamy!

I don't think it's a good idea to shotgun this series. There's a lot of reviewing of evidence in the multi-week arcs that may feel repetative if watched back-to-back imo.

The beginning is an absolute slog, so bad that I gave up on it, but apparently it starts getting better in the teens.

Don't listen to the lies. The show never gets better, it is what it is. And the first arc of the show is by far the strongest.

School Festival arc is one of the most overrated things I've ever watched. What makes the show so hard to watch, Mayaka and Fukube being emo as shit is stronger than ever in those episodes.

But the episodes that follow have like no Mayaka and Fukube and thus are the best episodes in the entire series. I haven't watched 21 yet. I might honestly just skip it because I don't want to see those 2 characters ever again.

Giving up on the show was the right call.

It's the way I watched it last week, which probably speaks to my (conspicuously) positive opinion towards it.

Although I can sort of empathize with the general opinion that's in a non-starter. I imagine a mystery regarding a teacher's love of helicopters wouldn't go down too well as your sole fill of Hyouka for the week.

wow so many opinions
Well i will at least watch it and then if it get repetitive make pauses to enjoy it the best i can

Risette

A Good Citizen
pizzaroll I'm pretty sure that the Bakemonogatari Korean Blu-Ray only has Korean/Japanese subtitles.
And I'm pretty sure the JP Blu-rays that Jarmel bought has no subtitles. My point is that Aniplex USA is trying to trick you all with the pricing relative to the JP release, when licensed releases have been done in other countries for much cheaper and earlier. It's a scam.

This is the Korean boxset:
Not much different from the US one. In fact, it's pretty much identical. Aniplex USA SCAMMERS

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
And I'm pretty sure the JP Blu-rays that Jarmel bought has no subtitles. My point is that Aniplex USA is trying to trick you all with the pricing relative to the JP release, when licensed releases have been done in other countries for much cheaper and earlier. It's a scam.

This is the Korean boxset:

Not much different from the US one. In fact, it's pretty much identical. Aniplex USA SCAMMERS

Looks identical.

Jex

Aniplex certainly charge you a lot for their releases but, unfortunately, if you want it in English you don't really have a choice.

Jex

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 11:

A very melancholy episode with really wonderful atmosphere and overall attention to art direction. I presume that the revelation of Watashi's internal motivations wasn't merely meant to be significant in and of itself with no further narrative repercussions, but, rather, has set the stage for the finale as
Watashi is still waiting for her visitor at the end of the episode indicating that this plot isn't resolved
. Although I do enjoy the world-building and dark commentary, I'll still be satisfied if the series ends on a purely personal and intimate note. I don't know if there's a "grand statement" to be made in all of this anyway--probably can't top episode n nine in that regard.

I can't believe it's almost time to say goodbye.

And I can't believe that the show pulled out from it's death spiral and actually became good again. I can't really think of any other examples that I've seen where a show has gone completely off the rails but then, miraculously, righted itself again. Then again that might just be because I tend to drop most of those shows when they start to decline in quality.

OceanBlue

Hayate's humor is ridiculously sophisticated compared to the "10 year old girl making sex jokes!" humour of ZKC.
It's been a while since I watched ZKC (and even then I only got to ~15), but yeah, I liked the humor in HnG a lot more than ZKC too. I have nothing against juvenile humor, but I think HnG had a bigger palette for comedy partially because of how loosely the series played with the setting.

Really, all I wanted to say was that ZKC had juvenile humor because it's a show for children. I know there are shows like HnG which have humor for older audiences as well and shows like Space Brothers (does this even count as a children's morning show?) that manage to be mature in a morning timeslot. It was just something I wanted to mention for those who didn't know because I wanted to provide some context to the production of the show.

Of course, it's been a while since I've seen ZKC. I'm sure someone could elaborate or correct me on the humor ZKC uses.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

It sounds like you can speak with about as much authority on what ZKC is actually like as you can Gothicmade.

Jex

Friend! You are so wrong... so wrong. The gradient in the universe of female urine taste is as massive as that of beer if not more. Let me ask you this: Have you ever gently slid the sultry and silky one piece of a beautiful woman up her leg, the smell of her perfume and body wash washing over your nostrils as you feel the warm and subtle tastes of her urine filling your mouth as the river flows down your throat and a tiny stream down your chin? The taste of a good woman, like beer can surely stand on its own and is a presentation of the life lived to produce that unique signature in your taste buds so much that no two women or beer taste the same. Still, the experience and accompaniment of the drink that takes that color and paints a renaissance pantheon in your memories. Drink more good beer and allow your museum to be filled with these great works of art.

Drink responsibly.

Um, what.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does Taiwanese food heavily incorporate cephalopods? Because that would factor extremely heavily into Akane's opinion.
I'm sure they must, since they probably have a big seafood based cuisine as well. lol

I think everyone who grew up in the 80's/90's still is.
Naw, I know people who haven ever watched it or Star wars.

I go back to it to race against streetpassers. Will be a long time till I get the 20k coins required for the final part.
I don't even remember coins being part of the game. lol

And on the South Side to boot. Japan knows the best side but apparently the Olympic committee doesn't.
Southie represent!

GhW5h.jpg

Oh god damn it. Commentary subs. If only it was 2 cents more expensive, I could buy it with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom