• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, that's just because they're alien spaceships.
How else did Armstrong get to the moon?

$150 doesn't seem that unreasonable. You're at least getting a product put together with some semblance of care and regard for design quality unlike something put out by Funimation or Sentai.
The thing that really matters is the translated commentaries. Without those, the set is pretty much DOA.

Jex

So yeah, remember that article posted earlier with all the "sister" light novel titles? Well, one of those, Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne ("I Know You’re My Brother but as Long There’s Love it Doesn’t Matter, Right?"), or OniAi for short, has a new CM out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWRX5HpmiXY
20120910192906a49so7ygl.jpg

brain damage moe
braindamagemoe.jpg

brain damage moe

That looks like some powerful medicine.

Articalys

$150 doesn't seem that unreasonable. You're at least getting a product put together with some semblance of care and regard for design quality unlike something put out by Funimation or Sentai.
When you can more or less get the same "semblance of care and regard for design quality" from a NIS America boxset with just under the same number of episodes for a show and pay almost $100 less, yes, it does seem a tad unreasonable to me. As firehawk12 just pointed out, they are mostly holding the English subbed commentaries hostage at a ridiculous markup and they goddamn know it.

/XX/

Hey, I thought Hyōka did end! I remember someone here saying it was 21 episodes. Dropped until it ends!

I kid, I kid. I'll proceed to see it now...

Yes, please do!
ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

I liked Hyouka since the beggining.
Yes do this. It starts off slow, but this is truly a show where mileage may vary.
Its well produced and VERY pretty to look at so its worth watching.
Guys, I swear I'm not an easy band-wagoner! I had planned to see it beforehand... it is true! Really!

As this (insecurity on my part) probably requires an explanation, I'll proceed to comment to anyone bored enough to read this what is my 'survival strategy' in regards to watching new season series (I think I already talked about this some time ago, but whatever):

Firstly, I watch the original series or specials that interest me from the new season. That way I can follow them while I bask on all the glory from those who are also following it at the same time and comment on it, and includes all derived speculation, latest news, rumors, stupidity... all at equal parts. I love it!

Secondly, and after these have finished, I watch those adaptations of other works I wanted to see, mainly during a short period of time if I can. With this I avoid all those untagged spoilers and the funny people that knowingly spout such vileness. It is difficult to not see someone always doing this in determined Internet places.

And said all this I can admit that I end up not following my own rules much of the time, as I saw things like Fate/Zero as it aired while there was floating a lot of information anywhere I went. Of course, I end up regretting it most of the time, so I should stick to that 'way' more often.

I suggest you to do this, but I'll understand if you don't as well as this even seems to me a little... exaggerated.

My OCD won't let me have a random volume in a series unless I complete it. :(
I definitely know that feel. See above for more insanity.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hey, I thought Hyōka did end! I remember someone here saying it was 21 episodes. Dropped until it ends!

I kid, I kid. I'll proceed to see it now...

Guys, I swear I'm not an easy band-wagoner! I had planned to see it beforehand... it is true! Really!

As this (insecurity on my part) probably requires an explanation, I'll proceed to comment to anyone bored enough to read this what is my 'survival strategy' in regards to watching new season series (I think I already talked about this some time ago, but whatever):

Firstly, I watch the original series or specials that interest me from the new season. That way I can follow it while I bask on all the glory of those who also are following it at the same time, that is speculation latest news, rumors, stupidity... all at equal parts. I love it!

Secondly, and after these have finished, I watch those adaptations of other works I wanted to see, mainly during a short period of time if I can. With this I avoid all those untagged spoilers and the funny people that knowingly spout such vileness. It is difficult to not see someone always doing this in determined Internet places.

And said all this I can admit that I end up not following my own rules much of the time, as I saw things like Fate/Zero as it aired while there was floating a lot of information anywhere I went. Of course, I end up regretting it most of the time, so I should stick to that 'way' more often.

I suggest you to do this, but I'll understand if you don't as well as this even seems to me a little... exaggerated.

I definitely know that feel. See above for more insanity.

Have you watched SAO or AW yet?

cajunator

Banned

Agreed. I dont ask for much. an artbook or some pencil boards or some postcards or a trinket. Something to collect alongside the show and that looks nice on the shelf.

Jex

Also, the yellowline race > the final race. The final race was just messy and all over the place.

I think the problem with the actual Redline race was that they seemed to think that the racing on it's own wasn't interesting enough to the action climax of the movie. They needed to go bigger, better and more badass. Which is weird because the movie only had one other race in it so I don't really know why they thought they'd explored all the other possible options.

Risette

A Good Citizen
But Korea got the same packaging design for half the price!

Also Funi's Dragon Boxen had better design.

So, like, who are you an alt account for?

I explained this like 8 pages ago :(

Edit:
For the record, I'm not saying I enjoy incest... I simply like good stories.

(Fake) Edit 2:
Also... I don't fuck dogs! Don't believe any rumors you hear on GAF!
Shit has a bad knack of following me around. Defend one dog fucker and everyone thinks your guilty by association :mad:

Jex

Well, I'll just put it to you this way: No one gives a fuck if you are interested in it or not. You asked "remind me again why should we be interested in this?", and people told you why those who are interested, are interested. You then proceeded to attempt to poke holes into why it is not exciting, without knowing anything about the subject. Do you not see how self-serving and pointless your acts are? It is not a social activity, you're just trying to show everyone how ignorant and apathetic you are, and wanting people to acknowledge that, as if it really matters to us that YOU in particular care about it. Pro-tip: we don't.

And you call me brutal!

/XX/

Have you watched SAO or AW yet?
Of those two, maybe... maybe Sword Art Online is the only one I'll end up seeing. Moreover, I've seen spoiled enough of the novels before to don't mind seeing some of the discussion on the series now... man, 4Chan's /a/ had a field day with the 'glop' matter the other day!

cajunator

Banned
So, like, who are you an alt account for?

Was wondering the same. Suspicious.

My eyes have been awakened to a new glory.

When you can more or less get the same "semblance of care and regard for design quality" from a NIS America boxset with just under the same number of episodes for a show and pay almost $100 less, yes, it does seem a tad unreasonable to me. As firehawk12 just pointed out, they are mostly holding the English subbed commentaries hostage at a ridiculous markup and they goddamn know it.

You are kind of right, but 150 bucks is not a whole lot to pay for a boxset. I remember DVD boxsets IN THE US used to go for almost $200. the original Love hina set for example, and Last Exile. Especially Geneon stuff.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Gundam confession: The only Gundam shows I've watched to completion are the original 0079 and Gundam Seed/Destiny.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Of those two, maybe... maybe Sword Art Online is the only one I'll end up seeing. Moreover, I've seen spoiled enough of the novels before to don't mind seeing some of the discussion on the series now... man, 4Chan's /a/ had a field day with the 'glop' matter the other day!

You should really watch it. It's fun. MAL exploded too and it was hilarious. Do you have a link to the 4chan thread. I could go for a good SAO fanbase explosion right now.

jman2050

So the US's tradition of co-opting Japanese trends after the fact will continue with teenage incestual fiction now?

Better than vampires I guess...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The amount of people who haven't seen G Gundam in here is depressing. What are you guys doing with your lives? Whatever it is I can assure you its not more important than watching G Gundam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom