• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

I will continue to recommend NTHT to people.
I enjoyed it and I feel others might as well.
I seriously had not seen anyone else who hated it outside of this community.
Its not the greatest productionwise. Its very poor actually, but its an emotionally engaging series and I was sucked right into its world and marathoned the whole thing. Several times in fact.

What's NTHT?

duckroll

the first real fall season show is From the new World or?

16 days!

Might be Hiiro no Kakera Season 2 instead. I'm pretty sure they announced on the stream that while New World "starts" on the CS channel on Sept 28, it's actually some sort of special program instead of ep1.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Might be Hiiro no Kakera Season 2 instead. I'm pretty sure they announced on the stream that while New World "starts" on the CS channel on Sept 28, it's actually some sort of special program instead of ep1.

That doesn't count.

Hiiro no Kakera is so awful. But I'm obligated to watch S2 since I finished S1.

Jarmel

Banned
http://ieee80211abgn.blog58.fc2.com/blog-entry-2542.html

Psycho-Pass FULL staff listing LEAKED out of the WAZOO!!!!!!

Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro
Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Story Concept: Gen Urobuchi
Script: Gen Urobuchi, Makoto Fukami, Aya Takaha
Original Character Concept: Akira Amano
Character Design: Kyoji Asano
Color Setting: Emiko Ueno
Art Director: Koji Eto
3D Director: Atsushi Satou
Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
Editing: Yoshinori Murakami
Music: Yuugo Kanno
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Animation Production: Production IG
Production: Psycho-Pass Production Committee

Opening Theme by Ling Tosite Sigure
Ending Theme by Egoist

So the best parts of Guilty Crown, the visuals, with Urobuchi writing?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4851-1344445570-16_large.gif

Westlo

Sword Art Online 8

Having to wait a minute to start a duel would really suck in most MMO's....

Sword Art Online 9

First impressive moment in the show really, hopefully the rest of the first novel material is this good.

Sword Art Online 10

What we have here is a PVE player running into someone as geared as him and having his PVE rotations exposed in a PVP setting. At least he wifed the right girl.

Total Eclipse 3

So it seems with Top Gun, Chobi, Macaroni and Big Tits the crew is finally together, wonder who dies first? Really got a lot of Macross Plus vibes out of this episode... pity that a 2012 TV series has worse CGI than a mid nineties OVA... and than you have the 2d animation... also Yui just verbally bitchslapped the shit out of the MC at the end, dat Japanese doll.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
All this Asuna hate makes me sad. Anyway I like her as a character because she's so bland and generic. Sometimes getting away from unique is good for me and it's interesting for me to see that archetype. Having said that the other characters don't really seem all that interesting because they only had one episode to see their characteristics whereas Asuna has had more.

Westlo

All this Asuna hate makes me sad. Anyway I like her as a character because she's so bland and generic. Sometimes getting away from unique is good for me and it's interesting for me to see that archetype. Having said that the other characters don't really seem all that interesting because they only had one episode to see their characteristics whereas Asuna has had more.

Wha? Why you got a Silica avatar if you're on #Team Asuna?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

the fuck

Jarmel

Banned
Yea the interesting thing about the PP staff is how many of them are non-anime. It almost seems like they're trying to make sure that it doesn't feel like an anime. Holy fuck am I hyped. This is an insane staff, the only way it could be better is if they had Watanabe and Kanno.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I guess a shorter version is that I usually end up liking characters that are more fleshed out regardless of blandness.

jman2050

c7Eaw.jpg

duckroll

Yea the interesting thing about the PP staff is how many of them are non-anime. It almost seems like they're trying to make sure that it doesn't feel like an anime. Holy fuck am I hyped. This is an insane staff, the only way it could be better is if they had Watanabe and Kanno.

But it does have Kanno... lol. :)

And this one doesn't plagiarize!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Liking a character because they are generic is smart. It means even when the show is over you can find them again in another show as another generic person.

fertygo

Guilty Crown is such a ugly show despite its reputation the visual is only the good thing that came out from it, wish PP not gonna like that..

cajunator

Banned
Strawberry Panic 02

I fell asleep at some point after pausing it and doing other things, then got into listening to the rest of the music that Branduil posted 80 pages ago.
Anyway, this show is Cute. It sure as hell is YURI and overall is quite enjoyable.
The production values leave something to be desired, but the show is starting to unfold a bit.
Etoile seems
to enjoy flirting and falls in love with various girls seemingly on a whim
. There seems to be much more to her. There also seems to be something mysterious about Strawberry Hall in general. I suppose this is why the show is 26 episodes. Theres a lot more to this. Hopefully theres a lot more yuri too :D

Why would anyone call a character they like Bland and Generic? Thats like a red flag to me to avoid this character at all costs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rose of Versaille is getting the Viki treatment too. Explains why Oniisama e got put up there the other day too I guess.

Gimme a boxset of that and I'm in on day 0.

OceanBlue

The way you phrased it is kinda funny, but I see what you mean. I don't necessarily hate Asuna, and I personally think she has a personality. It's just not as exaggerated as the other characters' personalities, but she reacts to things in ways that differ from other characters, including Kirito, so I don't see how she doesn't have a personality.

Although, I guess I don't necessarily disagree that there are characters who are written as simply as possible in order for people to project on them either. As long as Asuna develops as a character, I don't think she'll be that type of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom