• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
K-ON!! 01

b1PLBl.jpg

I like how the show starts with Yui playing her guitar - Kyoani’s way of saying hey guys remember this is a music anime. Really believe us! We’re not lying! Garbage OP is garbage. So much worse than S1 its not even funny.

I see the girls are in their senior year. There will obviously be a lot of firehawk moments in this series as they will ponder their futures while staring in the clouds and remembering all the fun times they had together but how they’ll soon be ending. Can’t wait! Really I can’t wait. Sawa-chan already abusing her authority as a teacher, tsk tsk. Nodoka is still just kind of around, I feel bad for the girl. Maybe she’ll get some more spotlight and relevant developments now that they’re all in the same class - probably not I’m guessing.

Poor Azunyan is destined to be forever alone in a year. The other girls are completely useless. Just how awful do you have to be at recruiting to not get a single person interested in a club that does nothing but sit around a table and eat cake and drink tea, and play some music once in awhile. I'm pretty sure they all actually hate Azunyan and are just trolling her, like dressing up in ridiculous costumes and handing out awful fliers was obviously not going to get anybody to join - which is what the other girls wanted all along. They want Azunyan to suffer and be all alone next year.

Like how the episode starts with some music to make you think this is a music anime and then to decides to not actually do any songs from the concert. The only assumption I can make is that their concert sucked hard and thus not a single soul from the entire school is interested in joining in their club.

I suppose this was an okay episode. A nice refresher on the characters and where the story is at along with the usual lightheartedness. I still really freaking hate Yui. Everything about her is annoying, her mannerisms, the way she talks, the way she walks and runs, the way she looks, it’s all kuso. Ritsu is still the best.

Wouldn't that be the work of the Director of Photography? Composite is what controls focus on backgrounds. The art director and the background studio just does the actual background art - in either 2D or 3D.

of course, I can be wrong.

well, I hope he is doing a good job - I had no problems with the background arts in Steins;gate and Fate/Zero.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh yeah, the size of the impact crater is indicative of the material's ability to disperse the impact force. In other words, if the impact were really that overwhelming then the surrounding material would be less affected because it wouldn't be able to provide support and then in turn be supported by material surrounding it. It would then be more cutting than denting.

Articalys

Saimoe Round 1 - Group G, Day 3 Results

G03
1st 183 Ai Nanasaki @ Amagami SS
2nd 142 Saku Touyama @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes
3rd 59 Sawako Yamanaka @ K-On!

G07
1st 211 Kotori Otonashi @ The Idolmaster
2nd 101 Nao Takanashi @ Onii-chan No Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara Ne!
3rd 77 Mio Sakamoto @ Strike Witches

G11
1st 234 Squid Girl @ Squid Girl
2nd 117 Yuuko @ A Channel
3rd 48 Sakuya Aizawa @ Hayate The Combat Butler

----------------------------------------

Today's match preview

In honor of today's match preview picture

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Read this post online. So fucking brilliant

It's kind of hilarious in a cute sort of way how seriously Asuna takes everything Kirito says. I mean, it's like

Kirito: Hey, you can put cream on bread and it tastes better.
Asuna/ Maxes out her cooking skill and spends a year analyzing every seasoning in the game
Kirito: There are limits to what a soloer can do. Join a guild sometime.
Asuna/ Becomes second-in-command of the strongest guild in the game
Kirito: Man, it's too nice outside to spend the day in the dungeon. You should take a break.
Asuna/ Falls asleep instantly
Kirito: Hey, maybe I should spend the night at your place.
Asuna/ Starts stripping

cajunator

Banned
I will continue to recommend NTHT to people.
I enjoyed it and I feel others might as well.
I seriously had not seen anyone else who hated it outside of this community.
Its not the greatest productionwise. Its very poor actually, but its an emotionally engaging series and I was sucked right into its world and marathoned the whole thing. Several times in fact.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

G03

G07

G11

Today's match preview

Smile girls better romp.

I can't stop looking at Chitanda >.<

Those eyes suck you right in. Shes more overpowered than some Naruto shit. I literally stared at that GIF for a good minute or so.

jman2050

G03

G07

G11

Today's match preview

Poor Yamada, a necessary sacrifice to continue feeding TEH RIE

Pooya

that's why she's a terrible character; at first I thought she was just another boring tsundere but then, not only that it turned out she has no personality of her own whatsoever, basically whatever Kirito wants she takes that form. perfect waifu etc. really terrible character writing, something a high schooler would write.

http://ieee80211abgn.blog58.fc2.com/blog-entry-2542.html

Psycho-Pass FULL staff listing LEAKED out of the WAZOO!!!!!!

Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro
Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Story Concept: Gen Urobuchi
Script: Gen Urobuchi, Makoto Fukami, Aya Takaha
Original Character Concept: Akira Amano
Character Design: Kyoji Asano
Color Setting: Emiko Ueno
Art Director: Koji Eto
3D Director: Atsushi Satou
Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
Editing: Yoshinori Murakami
Music: Yuugo Kanno
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Animation Production: Production IG
Production: Psycho-Pass Production Committee

Opening Theme by Ling Tosite Sigure
Ending Theme by Egoist

Guilty Crown much?

Ill be quite disappoint if this goes unlicensed.

cajunator

Banned
that's why she's a terrible character; at first I thought she was just another boring tsundere but then, not only that it turned out she has no personality of her own whatsoever, basically whatever Kirito wants she takes that form. perfect waifu etc. really terrible character writing, something a high schooler would write.

The one trend I hate in anime is they always make the obvious love interest girl boring as hell and the other girls a lot more interesting. I'm not sure why its usually written like that. Silica, Sachi, Lisbeth are all WAY more interesting characters than Used goods.

jman2050

The one trend I hate in anime is they always make the obvious love interest girl boring as hell and the other girls a lot more interesting. I'm not sure why its usually written like that. Silica, Sachi, Lisbeth are all WAY more interesting characters than Used goods.

Because generic love interest needs to be as featureless and unremarkable as possible while hitting all the attractiveness notes so that the audience can individually project their own personal preferred waifu traits onto the character and fall for an idealized version of the character that doesn't actually exist outside of their own mind.

You actually see this phenomenon all the time in western works (and shoujo), except the love interests are male.

cajunator

Banned
Because generic love interest needs to be as featureless and unremarkable as possible while hitting all the attractiveness notes so that the audience can individually project their own personal preferred waifu traits onto the character and fall for an idealized version of the character that doesn't actually exist outside of their own mind.

You actually see this phenomenon all the time in western works (and shoujo), except the love interests are male.

While you have a point if its to attract the moe fans, for the rest of us who just enjoy fun, interesting, defined characters its kind of a total bore. Im not interested in getting a body pillow of a character and pretending shes my actual waifu. I like certain characters a lot but its because they have fun or intriguing traits about them. They arent a blank slate to project myself with, they have a definite personality. It makes them feel like more believable actual people.

OceanBlue

While you have a point if its to attract the moe fans, for the rest of us who just enjoy fun, interesting, defined characters its kind of a total bore. Im not interested in getting a body pillow of a character and pretending shes my actual waifu. I like certain characters a lot but its because they have fun or intriguing traits about them. They arent a blank slate to project myself with, they have a definite personality. It makes them feel like more believable actual people.

I'm sure you mean waifu fans, because I think moe fans need traits to latch onto, even if they're superficial traits. At least, for me (a self-appointed moe fan), it doesn't really seem as if Asuna is a character designed to be moe. Silica, on the other hand, seems like a moe character.

sonicmj1

Well, SAO was written by a high schooler, so I guess that makes sense.

cajunator

Banned
I'm sure you mean waifu fans, because I think moe fans need traits to latch onto, even if they're superficial traits. At least, for me (a self-appointed moe fan), it doesn't really seem as if Asuna is a character designed to be moe. Silica, on the other hand, seems like a moe character.

Yeah I guess youre right. the whole thing is confusing with the terminology, but you see what Im getting at.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I will continue to recommend NTHT to people.
I enjoyed it and I feel others might as well.
I seriously had not seen anyone else who hated it outside of this community.
Its not the greatest productionwise. Its very poor actually, but its an emotionally engaging series and I was sucked right into its world and marathoned the whole thing. Several times in fact.
You take everything so personally.

Westlo

Well to be fair to dat Assuna she does mention that cooking is boring in SAO compared to the real world so she probably already had an interest in that. Not to mention that Aria which episode 2 was based on was written after the first novel.

So is Asuna's first scene in the proper novel Kirito going "I've found my cook?", (Since Ep 2 + that wack Murder Mystery episodes where side stories written after) no wonder A-1 adapted shit in chronological order. I think I'll go read the first novel after the finish it up soon in the anime.

OceanBlue

Yeah I guess youre right. the whole thing is confusing with the terminology, but you see what Im getting at.

Yeah. A lot of it is just very vague distinctions anyway. Where having preferences for certain traits ends and where being a moe fan begins, I don't know.

It doesn't matter anyway because I'm on Team Sachi. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom