• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tari Tari 13

love the themes. So good!

and wtf did they say, did badminton confess???? D:

And poor principal. No1 gave a fuck about him after his (kinda pathetic but awesome) breakdown.

You can stream through window media player? And why is the horse plush in 2 different places?

nitpicking time! Fuck off oreimo!

dolphin.jpg

Show is better than denpa.

Best ED of 2012.
Best show of the summer.
Most polished floors of anime.
9/10

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Tari Tari 13

love the themes. So good!

And poor principal. No1 gave a fuck about him after his (kinda pathetic but awesome) breakdown.

You can stream through window media player? And why is the horse plush in 2 different places?

nitpicking time! Fuck off oreimo!

Best ED of 2012.
Best show of the summer.
Most polished floors of anime.
9/10

nitpicking_zps76865f9c.jpg

jbug617

Banned
People are crazy with the pricing on Star Driver on Amazon since Bandai made their announcement. They want over 1k for Part 2 of the Bluray.

Dead

well not really...yet
Aniplex is releasing a Blu-Ray box in Japan next year. If they dual release here Ill probably bite.

Bandai's releases are cheap as fuck in terms of presentation

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch x365 9.2

indyDuL9ZNtYy.PNG

Off to see Kishi's independent film

Must all independent films be depressing?

An episode on textbook scribbles, fan letters and epics.

The most notable scene would be Yuno and Miyako raising the satisfying idea of
someone else appreciating your work. Yuno does run into this sometime in a previous episode when they both go to a shrine, but I don't remember which day it is. If it's afterwards, than it's a good bit of foreshadowing.

Additionally, Yuno gaining inspiration from watching Kishi's film was expected and executed decently. This made for an average, but amusing episode.

ibwcopAVkSkNp7.PNG

If you believe I posted this here simply to have another Miyako screen! Well...
you are correct
!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I, Too, Would Like to Eat Mugi's Pickled Radishes 14
Blonde naïve ojousama and great at video games? It's like every nerd's fantasy everywhere.
wherecanIbuythefigurineIneeditNAO
So this is what it feels like to have a waifu.

By the way, Utauyo!! Miracle is crap. And Mugi X Ritsu is far superior to Mio X Ritsu.
Mugi X Ritsu X Mio is the obvious choice.

duckroll

Aniplex is releasing a Blu-Ray box in Japan next year. If they dual release here Ill probably bite.

Bandai's releases are cheap as fuck in terms of presentation

FUNi will probably re-release Star Driver anyway. People paying out of their ass for it now are dumb. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I, Too, Would Like to Eat Mugi's Pickled Radishes 14
Blonde naïve ojousama and great at video games? It's like every nerd's fantasy everywhere.
wherecanIbuythefigurineIneeditNAO
So this is what it feels like to have a waifu.

By the way, Utauyo!! Miracle is crap. And Mugi X Ritsu is far superior to Mio X Ritsu.
Mugi X Ritsu X Mio is the obvious choice.
You are like bizarro Chet. lol

Okay so I'm confused after reading the Parish-trash thread

is Rei considered to be moé?
Space Brothers and Polar Bear Café are better anyway.
No, Shinji is the moe one.

And damn, why you hate Hyouka. :(

Kuroko no Basketball 25

So, where's season 2?

Not a bad episode. Not too big of a fan of how the match ended but still liked all the foreshadowing they were doing in the ED and basically all the resolve everyone gained.

So, come on season 2!

What are the anime dvd/bluray sales like during the holidays? Do places like Right Stuf do any crazy sales?

RightStuf has their 12+ days of Christmas where they discount a whole bunch of stuff for basically the whole month which is worth looking forward to.

They also regularly have studio sales so those are worth looking out for.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basketball 25

So, where's season 2?

Not a bad episode. Not too big of a fan of how the match ended but still liked all the foreshadowing they were doing in the ED and basically all the resolve everyone gained.

So, come on season 2!

Maybe I'm reading way too much into it but my guess is this Winter. The end the show saying
"This Winter will be war"

They also animated way more stuff than I thought they would during the credits.

Jex

Clearly my mind is beyond repair because to me it looked like someone had decided to place the soap in a condom and wrapped it around the tap.

You can't even look at soap anymore without having bad thoughts, how depressing :(

Instro

Tari Tari END

A solid ending to a solid show. Everything was wrapped up in a pleasing way, and the episode itself was really good. I quite liked the direction in this finale, there was some pretty neat camera work(some sweet panning action for example) and shot selection going on throughout, I was actually rather impressed all things considered. In the end there's really not a whole lot I can knock this show for, the cast developed in a satisfying way and their interactions were always interesting throughout, the story was simple yet entertaining and well put together, and it was all capped with some really nice musical themes throughout the show. Yes the art could have been better, both with the characters themselves and in backgrounds, but otherwise I'm pretty content with Tari Tari in its entirety. It's nice to see that PA Works has gotten to a level that they can handle an original anime piece in a well done manner without the guiding hand of someone like Ando.

Tari Tari 13

Yes he did.

Yes you can.

There's 2 horse plushies, they each have one.

Your nitpicking is weak!

jman2050

Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden 4

I was asking myself before this episode how the dude who directed Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi could possibly have also done this show, but this episode pretty much answered my question for me. Lots of similar types of animation and gags some of the time, which means this ends up being the best episode yet (not that this is saying much).

This is a beach episode with all the requisite T&A. Since I've made talking about 70% of this episode redundant I'll stick to the noteworthy stuff: in the middle of our happy static image pans of girls playing in the water, Suguru and his classmates+Mahoro are attacked by a giant enemy crab.
insert PS3 joke here
It attacks the girls on the beach by ripping off their bathing suits. It doesn't just kill everyone because it's "broken", as Mahoro explains, and just wants to be a pervert instead. Also because the writers said so.

So we get an actual action scene as Mahoro switches to combat mode and engages it! Sadly, this ends up being not all that interesting to watch, although the fight animation is pretty neat and her gun is sweet. Mahoro is eventually blinded and injured critically and won't be able to repair herself in time to avoid another attack, but then Suguru shows up and does the whole hot-blooded hero thing, he aims the gun while she's blind and they destroy the alien robot crab thing. A little bit more T&A teasing and end episode. Mahoro ceases operation in 358 days.

I feel like there's this competently made Sci-Fi action anime occurring off-screen while we focus on android tits and zany hijinx. This is rather... unfortunate.

duckroll

Tari Tari - Episode 13 (END)

Well, I guess that's almost the best possible ending the show could have after the previous 12 episodes. I don't particularly like the predictable direction the show went in, with the escalation of the drama and the feel-good "things will turn out okay in the end" sort of vibe. It all feels very been-there-done-that, but the execution isn't too bad. The characters are mostly likable, and the show does have it's charm, but in the end, it just felt like it was missing that extra something special that elevates a show from being decent to something truly memorable.

Jex

Sword Art Online - Episode 12

My protagonists can't be this boring.

Wow, this is so dumb, and I don't even think that I can appreciate this on a base level. Everything about it is just so underdeveloped and ham-fisted. I think the animation betrays the rest of the show, in so much that its conspicuous in its quality.

I don't know about that. While it's well done "most of the time" a noticeable number of fights are reduced to 'energetic stills', which is literally the opposite of animation.

Jex

Oh yeah, so ANNCast was crappy this week and was just another one of them talking to each other (lawl, Sherlock is bad because it's British like Doctor Who. What?), but they brought up yet again another stupidly awkward point rather obtusely - they pirate anime to write their reviews. Zac apparently hates pirating except when it gets in the way of his job I suppose, and I just wonder if there's some kind of hypocrisy there. At the very least, you'd think the reviewers should source their review copies so that whoever is subbing the show they're watching gets some credit, but whatever.

It just brings up a larger point about television blogging that is rather stupid. American bloggers (even the big ones like Sepinwall) will sometimes watch British shows like Sherlock and then talk around how they acquired the show. Most of the time they just get screeners, and they're totally open about that shit (I think they have all of Treme S3 now... fuckers) but when it comes to the pirated stuff, it's like someone farted and everyone is trying to hide their embarrassment.

I suppose we're just as guilty of it here in this thread. Except, other than Evilore I suppose, we aren't making money off of our posts here so I have no ethical problems with what I do.

I just think it's weird to take an anti-piracy stance when your living essentially depends on piracy anyway.

It's not weird that Zac/Justin can't formulate logical arguments about anything. We already know this!

Man, Kuroko's Basketball 25.

I teared up so hard when Kise couldn't stand up. Seeing characters put a lot of effort into something and still losing always gets to me. But the cool thing about this series is that both Aomine and Kise are great characters, and even if Aomine is in the antagonist's spot, I can't hate him. He's got a really interesting character with some layers to him, and he's also really fun to watch. Can't wait to see where the story goes from here. It's gotta be Kuroko and Kagami who stop him.

Anyway, this turned out to be a great series. I thought that this might turn out to be some mediocre shonen drivel, but there are some solid narrative choices and each character gets some time being explored, even outside of the Seiko team, which was great. The characters are likeable and fun to watch and the over-the-top action really gets the blood pumping. The introduction of Aomine and his ties to the rest of the cast really brought another layer of depth to the series, and the way he serves as more than just an obstacle -- especially in the last couple of episodes -- was very well done. Looking forward to more Kuroko's Basketball and seeing where things go from here. If Aomine is who he is, it makes you wonder what Murasakibara and Akashi will be like!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Accel World 1-24 + Light novel to volumn 12

Holy shit the size of that harem, I lost count........

I guess if there is going to be a next season, it will cover the story of Raker and Chrom.Disaster. To be honest I am look forward to see it in anime, I just wish they slow down on adding cast to the harem... seriously, 1 per volume is big enough already.

Instro

Tari Tari - Episode 13 (END)

Well, I guess that's almost the best possible ending the show could have after the previous 12 episodes. I don't particularly like the predictable direction the show went in, with the escalation of the drama and the feel-good "things will turn out okay in the end" sort of vibe. It all feels very been-there-done-that, but the execution isn't too bad. The characters are mostly likable, and the show does have it's charm, but in the end, it just felt like it was missing that extra something special that elevates a show from being decent to something truly memorable.

I think that's pretty apt.

wonzo

Banned
Accel World 1-24 + Light novel to volumn 12

Holy shit the size of that harem, I lost count........

I guess if there is going to be a next season, it will cover the story of Raker and Chrom.Disaster. To be honest I am look forward to see it in anime, I just wish they slow down on adding cast to the harem... seriously, 1 per volume is big enough already.
one harem member for every 10 kilos of body mass

Articalys

Phi Brain S2 25

Hey, that was actually a pretty nice finale.
The final tag puzzle was good, and they had a nice scene for Freecell's liberation. Whist is still around, so I guess that'll come into play somehow during the third season next year. Kaito also almost triggered the Nonoha flag at the end there if everyone else hadn't interfered, lol.
Music was really good as usual too.

Overall, though it still had its share of problems around the middle episodes, season 2 was definitely a lot stronger than season 1, mostly due to the improved duel puzzles and a way better cast of characters. I'll hope that the break before season 3 helps them make it even better.

One final lament:
WHY COULDN'T NONOHA HAVE KEPT HER HAIR DOWN MORE OFTEN ;_;

Jex

What's everything? I'm genuinely curious why it's funny. I understand the suicide.gif and a lot of the other unintentionally funny stuff, but not that one.

I consider most of the shows 'serious emotional moments' to be unintentionally funny due to the ineptness of the writing (and sometimes the presentation).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Aim for the K-ON! K-ONBuster 15
So much :firehawk. Eat your heart out, every other sports animu ever. You cannot beat the queens.
Polar Bear Cafe is a push. Space Bros just doesn't work in the half hour format. :/
Polar Bear Café is a serious contender for anime of the year. FACT.
Could she be anything but? Dat eyepatch.
She's so fucking emotionless though for the majority of the series. I though part of the moé appeal came from the innocent behaviour of such characters. She is more like a non-character for a vast amount of the cartoon. She's submissive, but not precisely adorable.

I consider most of the shows 'serious emotional moments' to be unintentionally funny due to the ineptness of the writing (and sometimes the presentation).

That still doesn't answer why that particular line is funny. It's just simple projecting after experiencing
being a "mother

Jex

She's so fucking emotionless though for the majority of the series. I though part of the moé appeal came from the innocent behaviour of such characters. She is more like a non-character for a vast amount of the cartoon. She's submissive, but not precisely adorable.

She's so in need or protecting though. She's all broken and stuff. Given time, could her wounds heal? Etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom