• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly Sales Rankings for September 17-23:

Blu-ray
*2, *17,825 *17,825 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.1 Limited Edition
*4, **7,130 **7,130 Kuroko no Basket vol.3
*8, **3,159 **3,159 Eureka Seven AO vol.4 Limited Edition
DVD
*1, 7,654 *,**7,654 Kuroko no Basket vol.3
22, *,465 *,***,465 Mobile Suit Gundam AGE vol.8
23, *,457 *,*13,194 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
29, *,389 *,***,389 Ginga e Kickoff!! vol.3

Poor Ginga e Kickoff! At least it chart, dont ever remember Area no Kishi doing it, are both dvd only?

I hope that means an S3 of Horizon.

Binbougami-ga! didn't chart at all wtf :(
Crossing field just refuses to die goddamn. I don't wanna see it's DVD/Blu Ray sales when it comes, must be a fucking monster.

I think SAO v1 <10K (it doesnt release until late october ? so far away).

sonicmj1

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 12 - END

No! You can't end! This can't be it!

ibvBgykVvRpQs0.png

I'll strike you all with lightning if you end!

Fuck you, Shaft! Fuck you, people who didn't buy it! Fuck everything!

If I buy all the Blu-Rays, will you make more? I'll do it! I'll do anything!

iboFYmStlxBmZo.png

I'll throw my entire wallet away! Just give me more!
This whole sequence was really devastating. I didn't know Shaft had it in them.

Seriously, this final episode was one of the best in the whole series. It reminded me a lot of Fumoffu's conclusion, but while that just had me confused, this pulled on my heartstrings much more effectively. It's the perfect way to end a show like this. And also possibly the cruelest.

I just... goddammit. &#65381;&#65439;&#65381;(&#65417;&#1044;`)&#65381;&#65439;&#65381;&#65377;

At least the town still moves...

Defuser

For those interested in Denpa Kyoushi
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...ke-ono-kana-asumi-voice-denpa-kyoshi-anime-ad

Daisuke Ono as Kagami
Kana Asumi as Suzune

Quite strange for me they pick Daisuke Ono for this role.

Edit:
Biglobe poll lol for Fall anime anticipation
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-09-24/biglobe-poll/most-anticipated-fall-2012-anime

1 Ch&#363;niby&#333; Demo Koi ga Shitai! 1011
2 Little Busters! 915
3 From the New World 772
4 K 756
5 Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You 727
6 To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness 708
7 Blast of Tempest (Zetsuen no Tempest) 670
8 Gintama' 633
9 The Pet Girl of Sakurasou 602
10 Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb 538
11 Psycho-Pass 488
12 Bakuman. (TV 3) 415
13 New Student Council's Discretion Anime (Working Title) 367
14 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 328
15 Jormungand Perfect Order 303
16 Magi 273
17 ROBOTICS;NOTES 269
18 ONIAI (Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne&#8212;) 226
19 Initial D Fifth Stage 213
20 Say "I love you". 205
21 Ebiten: K&#333;ritsu Ebisugawa K&#333;k&#333; Tenmon-Bu 200
22 Medaka Box Abnormal 185
23 Hiiro no Kakera Dai-ni-Sh&#333; 180
24 CODE:BREAKER 160
25 Girls und Panzer 156
26 Kamisama Kiss 148
27 Busou Shinki 143
28 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 136
29 BTOOOM! 123
30 Oshiri Kajiri Mushi 47
31 Ch&#333; Soku Henkei Gyrozetter 44
32 Teeky&#363; 40
33 Ixion Saga DT 38
34 Aoi Sekai no Ch&#363;shin de 29
35 Litchi DE Hikari Club 26
36 Aikatsu! 25
37 Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life 23
37 Haitai Nanafa 23
39 Monsuno 22

Magi and Psycho Pass below the top 10. There is no god :(

Naruto SD 26
tumblr_mawof0mxhp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Nice, excited for the next game. Dodgeball was hilarious first half and second half was great with the implied Lord Orochimaru x Kabuto (that cell phone picture kiss).

I guess the episode did at least confirm its renewed for yet another season :/

Jex

I don't think fans who would buy such a show care to have it on blu-ray at a premium price. If there are people planning on buying it, they're probably waiting for the DVD box coming out in January, which is like 100 bucks cheaper. :p

You're saying comedy fans don't care about HD?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Ostensibly Asexual Adventures of Mio and Ritsu 18
It's like looking at Sawako-sensei if Sawako-sensei didn't dress like a Misfits reject.
Entirely innocent and non-romantic female relationships, yup.
oh god Parish was right. I can see KyoAni's ulterior motives now.
Best episode since the Mugi episode. Mio is a cool gal. Not too fond of Ritsu, but again, tomboys have never been my weakness.

duckroll

The early screening event for From the New World has ended. They showed the first 3 episodes, and apparently confirmed that the show is 25 episodes in total. So that averages out to about 8 episodes per book. Seems about right.

Jarmel

Banned
The early screening event for From the New World has ended. They showed the first 3 episodes, and apparently confirmed that the show is 25 episodes in total. So that averages out to about 8 episodes per book. Seems about right.

Where are the twitter impressions?

JCG

So, I know it's pretty hard to gauge these things, but don't you think all those things will distance the fans of the original show from these OVA's/movies?

From what I can tell...current pre-order trends for the BDs seem to be pretty good, even at this early stage, so that may not be much of an issue. If anything, the absence of Lelouch (and co.) would be what is going to distance a certain number of Code Geass fans right from the start, but if enough of them (plus others) are still interested regardless, then that assumption would appear to be incorrect. You don't always need to have exactly the same tone and style all across a specific property, especially if you're trying to tell a different story and not a direct continuation.

Purely personally speaking...I like most of what Akane and Taniguchi have directed, in spite of their distinct approaches and virtues/flaws, so I see this as a win-win for me. Even if the OVA may change for better or for worse as it goes on, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll dislike it either.

/XX/

I would imagine they're.... on twitter. :p
Guys, look on the following link for some reaaaaaal-time madness:

&#12300;&#26032;&#19990;&#30028;&#12301;&#12398;&#26908;&#32034;&#32080;&#26524; - Yahoo!&#26908;&#32034;&#65288;&#12522;&#12450;&#12523;&#12479;&#12452;&#12512;&#65289;
http://realtime.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?fr=top_ga1_sa&ei=utf-8&p=新世界

Cool, of course I'm seeing now it includes unrelated results, like ones for the Figuarts ZERO New World version figures from One Piece. That's funny.

Excellent. So many promising Fall shows with more than 1 cour.

Bad media blasters is awful, now Ill have my first incomplete anime set (which is just the first 7 episodes dubbed of Bakuman

UK release of Bakuman from Kaze Europe...
@KazeUK have said that it will now be a subtitle-only release due to the cancelation of the title in the USA. Should be more details on this soon.

BluWacky

And apparently at the very same price all the volumes. I think they could have tried to take advantage of that and reduce the price on the first one to make it more attractive for those not invested in collecting for sure the series.

The first volume comes with the first OST and a "katanuki sleeve" from the community featured in the show. I'm not quite sure what a katanuki sleeve is but presumably it's something to do with this.

Now we've established that it's cheaper than the other volumes I don't think it's too bad a deal, really. Well, not too bad a deal compared to all the other very expensive Blurays in Japan.

/XX/

The first volume comes with the first OST and a "katanuki sleeve" from the community featured in the show. I'm not quite sure what a katanuki sleeve is but presumably it's something to do with this.

Now we've established that it's cheaper than the other volumes I don't think it's too bad a deal, really. Well, not too bad a deal compared to all the other very expensive Blurays in Japan.
Yeah, I see now that it seems to be a good deal. Quite the difference compared to what I thought just a moment ago!

Edit:
Biglobe poll lol for Fall anime anticipation
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-09-24/biglobe-poll/most-anticipated-fall-2012-anime

1 Ch&#363;niby&#333; Demo Koi ga Shitai! 1011
2 Little Busters! 915
3 From the New World 772
4 K 756
7 Blast of Tempest (Zetsuen no Tempest) 670
31 Ch&#333; Soku Henkei Gyrozetter 44

Poor Gyrozetter, awkward english name for Zetsuen, and go K, though they have been advertising it and a trailer that his litrally no negative comments that it would be so anticipated.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To be frank I'd rather have sub only releases if it meant they could slash the prices.

I watch plenty of other foreign shows without the need of an English dub.

Defuser

For some reason I'm excited for Psycho Pass but at the same time sad because the butch will kill off characters that maybe a favourite. Have Urobuchi ever written romance? lol

survivor

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 2
I liked this entire sequence where each one was drawing the name plate and the colours kept changing as it showcased each person's work. This is the sort of stuff that I like and Hidamaari Sketch has been doing it very frequently. It shows a huge contrast to when Shaft draws outside scenery which is filled with plain boring white backgrounds most of the times. Now that I think about it, why isn't Shaft doing the Bleach anime?

There were a lot of pun related jokes in the first which I wasn't that fond of, but overall the episode was still enjoyable. Oh and the music was still superb, I really gotta listen to the entire OST one of these days. My current favourite right now is the preview song, very relaxing and soothing.

Mandoric

Banned
To be frank I'd rather have sub only releases if it meant they could slash the prices.

I watch plenty of other foreign shows without the need of an English dub.

Prices are already slashed, at this point sub-only buys you it existing. (Except when it doesn't!)

Stulaw

Oda Nobuna 11 and 12

There was a slight lack of suspense in these,
we all knew Yoshiharu and Mitsuhide wouldn't have died
but the ending pretty much almost guarantees a season 2, and I'd like to see if Yoshiharu ever goes back to the future
(hover skateboards and all)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom