• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 12 - END

No! You can't end! This can't be it!

Fuck you, Shaft! Fuck you, people who didn't buy it! Fuck everything!

If I buy all the Blu-Rays, will you make more? I'll do it! I'll do anything!
soredemo11a.jpg

josephine = soredemo/shaft
dog bowl = good sales
hotori = japanese otaku

:(

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 12 - END

No! You can't end! This can't be it!

Fuck you, Shaft! Fuck you, people who didn't buy it! Fuck everything!

If I buy all the Blu-Rays, will you make more? I'll do it! I'll do anything!

Seriously, this final episode was one of the best in the whole series. It reminded me a lot of Fumoffu's conclusion, but while that just had me confused, this pulled on my heartstrings much more effectively. It's the perfect way to end a show like this. And also possibly the cruelest.

I just... goddammit. ・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。

At least the town still moves...

Just look at it this way: there's almost no way a second season would have been as good. Best to go out on a high note.

You can always read the manga! (And be amazed at how well the anime adapted this particular story, making it even better than the original.)

Defuser

IIRC the voice actress for Kon senpai already left the VA industry so a season 2 for Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru isn't possible.

fertygo

IIRC the voice actress for Kon senpai already left the VA industry so a season 2 for Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru isn't possible.

They can switch the VA, bigger obstacle is the show bombed :(

Damn I miss that show, the alien skit maybe the funniest thing that I ever seen.

Jex

From what I can tell...current pre-order trends for the BDs seem to be pretty good, even at this early stage, so that may not be much of an issue. If anything, the absence of Lelouch (and co.) would be what is going to distance a certain number of Code Geass fans right from the start, but if enough of them (plus others) are still interested regardless, then that assumption would appear to be incorrect. You don't always need to have exactly the same tone and style all across a specific property, especially if you're trying to tell a different story and not a direct continuation.
I suppose we'll have to wait to see if, say, Volume 2 sells significantly worse than Volume 1.

Kagami

Hah I just tried out Nyaruko's initial card voices and it's already making fourth-wall-breaking jokes about YomeColle itself.

"The Planetary Defense Organization has issued orders to protect you.
'Protect this individual lifeform that has succeeded in crossing dimensions to establish polygamy.'
...What's that all about?"

Horizon II 12

Screw all the rules. I have money. All the money.

Another excellent episode from start to finish. With the misuse of the word sex to all the amazing fights, this episode was just amazing.

The whole money fight was extremely nice and makes use of all those stupid coins that some currency seems to enjoy torturing people with carrying.

While I'm not even sure what the big fight this is all leading to anymore, all this action for the sake of action is too enjoyable to care.

Go_Ly_Dow

M_night is a tall college student who plays cello. Now begins M_night's horror story...

all correct.

Tari Tari - Episode 13 (END)

Well, I guess that's almost the best possible ending the show could have after the previous 12 episodes. I don't particularly like the predictable direction the show went in, with the escalation of the drama and the feel-good "things will turn out okay in the end" sort of vibe. It all feels very been-there-done-that, but the execution isn't too bad. The characters are mostly likable, and the show does have it's charm, but in the end, it just felt like it was missing that extra something special that elevates a show from being decent to something truly memorable.

just say it already.
Ando-sama!!!!

Probably the most subtle use of 'red blush' I have ever seen in anime. So classy.

Branduil

Halcyon Realms – Animation.Film.Photography and Art Book Reviews » » The Art Of Children Who Chase Lost Voices Book Review
http://halcyonrealms.com/animation/the-art-of-children-who-chase-lost-voices-book-review/

Fridays at 24:30 hours (as seen here http://m-p.sakura.ne.jp/Html/anime.html).

So a little less than three days from now. I guess we'll need the Fall thread before then.

Why's Miu looking at me?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gaming side is right, this thread is a punch of sickos.
Hey I'm not the one taking pleasure from watching anime dudes and dudettes playing house in the interwebz.
Two girls cannot just be platonic friends in anime anymore! So sad.
You are the one in denial regarding Utena and Anthy, not I. :mad:
Sawa-chan-sensei is a pervert who forces high school girls to dress up in meido outfits. Hmmmmm. Shocked and appalled you did not notice this until now.
The fun part being that it was Mugi the one who got them the outfits, not Sawa-chan-sensei.
SMH, you disappoint me NKM.
YOLO
Ritsu is the best. Mio is like barely there, especially after Azusa usurps her position as the straight man skeptic of the group like...five episodes into season 1, or whenever it was she showed up. So for the entire show pretty much.
Azusa is there only to play as the innocent underling who aspires to be as cool as Mio-chan.

Alternatively, the avatar may really be affecting me.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Most of LB feels like Jun Maeda and Key simply made a laundry list of unused gimmicks or stories that they couldn't make work in VNs of their own, and shoved them into LB. It desperately needs the Clannad anime treatment, where the studio trims the fat on just about all of the extraneous stuff and tries to make it all flow together smoothly. And the twist, well yeah, it's probably the most hilarious one Key has done, even if it is something that fits into their standard formula.

Hope it turns out good. It'll be my first KEY show. It's the only KEY show with characters that don't look god awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom