• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Yeah, but fluff like robots always got in the way. It's time for something purer.

Perhaps, but that was just them trying to pull in as many different kind of fans as possible, where as KyoAni have just put all their eggs in one basket!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 184
RodHj7V.jpg
bBEs5GL.jpg
Are these the values you want to teach your children, Toei? And it seriously bothers me how willing the rest of the gang is to accept and cover up the possibility that Usagi might cheat on Mamoru.
Don't you say....
I'm surprised they didn't just throw in another "fat" joke with this.

cajunator

Banned
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 184

Are these the values you want to teach your children, Toei? And it seriously bothers me how willing the rest of the gang is to accept and cover up the possibility that Usagi might cheat on Mamoru.

Don't you say....

I'm surprised they didn't just throw in another "fat" joke with this.

Well its true. I have an instinct to seek out cuteness.
Cannot deny that

Jex

APOCALYPSE ZERO
APOCALYPSE ZERO
APOCALYPSE ZERO
APOCALYPSE ZERO
APOCALYPSE ZERO
You're right, Mad Pierrot, people have been getting off to easy with gentle recommendations like School Days, Eiken, Garzey's Wing etc. They really need to suffer.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
SAILOR MOON FANS

What is this?

OH4aOyr.jpg

Kana translates to "terebikko koodoresu", which has something to do with "cordless" and "television" at least. I presume that this was a game produced for a toy that involved pressing the correct button (see: the episode's quiz format) when prompted to by a special videocassette that could communicate with the device.

cajunator

Banned
You're right, Mad Pierrot, people have been getting off to easy with gentle recommendations like School Days, Eiken, Garzey's Wing etc. They really need to suffer.

speaking of which, I just watched 5 minutes of APocalypse Zero to get a taste of what its like. Will watch it fully later.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Chuck wanted violence, I gave him violence.

speaking of which, I just watched 5 minutes of APocalypse Zero to get a taste of what its like. Will watch it fully later.

Please provide a thorough report if you get around to the rest (oh, and be sure to watch it dubbed.)

TWGOK S3 6

Episode reminded me about how boring Shiori's recapture was in the manga.

When Shiori is trying to speak, she's easily one of the cutest girls in the series. But her internal monologues are honestly a chore to get through without falling asleep.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 13

I appreciate what this show is trying to do by focusing almost entirely on the main five characters and not give too much screentime to characters who are ultimately inconsequential, but I think the downside to it is that this show is really overplaying the whole "friendship" thing a bit too much. Way too much arguably, at least at some points.

Jex

[Silver Spoon] - 5

This was a wholly competent episode of Silver Spoon that I enjoyed heartily. It felt a bit cheap and flat compared to the glorious Pizza episode, which really excelled on every front, but this was perfectly fine too.

If I were to make a complaint unrelated to the production values it would be that the direction felt very manga-esque in that it wasn't really making any use of the medium of animation to actually do anything interesting with the visuals but I suppose that's a little harsh considering how many manga adaptations stick fairly faithfully to their source material in terms of layout, camera positioning etc.

I suppose this particular episode felt like more of an obvious offender in this regard than usual. One of the reasons I felt this was because the musical choices were very weak for the kind of mood and scenario that they were trying to illicit. It just sounded like the stock Silver Spoon soundtrack rather than anything more moody or appropriate. Some over the top espionage music would have really helped subsidize the somewhat plain visuals.

Still, I certainly enjoyed the light this shone on the characters and the kind of things they are want to get up to. I certainly don't regret picking this show up and every week I no that I am going to be entertained, and what more can you ask then that?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It just shows where their loyalties truly lie. That said, she was also reproaching her.
I would dig this reasoning except everybody is close friends with Chibiusa and already had to go through a Back to the Future scenario. The last thing anyone wants is for Usagi to start fooling around with other men!

Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club Episode 6
tumblr_mrjjlzvQHZ1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mrjjlzvQHZ1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Hopefully everyone learned their lesson as the whole thing could have been avoided, then again without it we wouldnt have got one of the best moments in the season, if only the scene could have even been. The Makoto confessional scene was really the best
even if one sided, thankfully, since Haru is only for water, I mean Rin (that preview discussion)
. And lastly, Nagisa and Haru really bring the best comedy moments, really well done whoever is handling the script and etc. Never can not feel good when Nagisa is speaking and all excited like.
So considerate even getting Makoto to smile
. Good episode.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I would dig this reasoning except everybody is close friends with Chibiusa and already had to go through a Back to the Future scenario. The last thing anyone wants is for Usagi to start fooling around with other men!
Kings have their mistresses, while Moon Queens have their consorts. Their marital status need not be put into question.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TWGOK S3 6

When Shiori is trying to speak, she's easily one of the cutest girls in the series. But her internal monologues are honestly a chore to get through without falling asleep.
That's the appeal of her character though. They made her the super shy shoujo heroine and, in the anime at least, flipped it so that the entire arc was from her perspective.

cajunator

Banned
Chuck wanted violence, I gave him violence.

Please provide a thorough report if you get around to the rest (oh, and be sure to watch it dubbed.)

Heehee. Well it will have to wait till tomorrow morning. Got work now.

TWGOK S3 6

Understatement of the century.

Go_Ly_Dow

[Silver Spoon] - 5
Still, I certainly enjoyed the light this shone on the characters and the kind of things they are want to get up to. I certainly don't regret picking this show up and every week I no that I am going to be entertained, and what more can you ask then that?

More Pizza episodes

Pooya

Free! - 6
I was expecting a drama focused episode coming from last week and now I'm pleasantly surprised! hah, that was pretty funny.

1w3y8r.jpg

gotta fit in Gou-kun fanservice even if episode has nothing to do with her

335aue.jpg

of course there is only aprons to wear

about Makoto's backstory....
I thought someone close like his parents died in ocean but it was just a fisherman he knew? his reaction to that accident seems extreme and not very believable to me, dunno.

CorvoSol

There's a whole genre of fanarts awaiting you if you want that.

At last, my dream of seeing hot Gundam on Eva action will come true.

if only fans had embraced 2nd arc of gAge, hopefully Gundam Build Fighters can deliver

I prefer if my romantic leads have some kind of chemistry going, and Asemu and Zeheart didn't, what with their friendship drawing entirely from a singular montage. In fairness, though, Asemu's relationship with Zeheart was more developed than his relationship with his own wife. But that's an Asuno family tradition, neglecting your wife.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Sailor Stars] 185
Every time they use the "little cancer girl who could" storyline in one of these shows I can't help but feel they could do without the monster of the week shenanigans for just once. It's a really artificial and random way to create conflict where none was needed before. I need to get on Doremi.
Too hot for tv.

cnet128

Banned
Free! 6

Nothing like a traumatic experience and a creepy abandoned building to prompt GROUP BONDING. Fun fun fun. Makoto's "why I'm scared of the sea" story was surprisingly underwhelming though. Was expecting something a little more dramatic.

Also, lol @
Haru and Makoto's almost-kiss

Joe Molotov

Wait, there's a A-Channel OVA? I need to see this now. How did I not know about that? I mean it's not as awesome as discovering there a Acchi Kocchi OVA, but still.

Wait....wait a second....is there an Acchi Kocchi OVA?

*looks*

*dies*

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 16

Episode where Dodo and the fairies get a little spotlight. Not bad.

Lol, the hot spring for Majo Rica was a bucket getting hot water from a coffee/tea maker (I think that's what it was).

cajunator

Banned
Wait, there's a A-Channel OVA? I need to see this now. How did I not know about that? I mean it's not as awesome as discovering there a Acchi Kocchi OVA, but still.

Wait....wait a second....is there an Acchi Kocchi OVA?

*looks*

*dies*

I know that feel. Its a great feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom