• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I haven't watched much as I'm pretty new to anime. I can't think of any shows I've watched that have been intensely violent. At least to the point of it being memorable.

watch Blood C. you wont soon forget it!

Funny you guys brought up Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) with the English release having just gone on sale, because a Blu-ray box for the series was just announced for Japan.

Know what else got a pair of JP BD-box sets announced today? Yes! Precure 5.

This is exactly why Im hesitant to buy DVD versions of things. Might pass on Future diary and wait for the inevitable bluray instead of getting gouged again.

CorvoSol

...are you hating on Virtual Star Embriology? The fuck?

Without reaching that same level, I, too, was disappointed by the 2nd ED. It's not as good as Truth at all.

vwM6UM2.gif

Welcome to the game, son.

Jex

You make me feel so welcome.

Oh and you may have noticed I haven't posted impressions that much lately. You force yourself if you're not feeling it.

I don't know if it's because I'm really tired but I'm having trouble deciphering that last sentence.

Which reminds me, I haven't felt like posting too many impressions lately.
Ellen Lied's ending made me want to rip the head off something. So bloody stupid.

The same could be said for various parts of the series.

cajunator

Banned
If only that was actually true....

Well I did get fairly good at drawing cute stuff.

True true!

=============================

RWBY - 04

Ruby and the gang are sent through initiation, where they must find a partner amongst their fellow classmates that they'll be stuck with during their stay at the academy. A bit more eventful than the last, and it looks like things will be picking up come next episode.

I still like these character designs, even if the show is terribly ugly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't know if it's because I'm really tired but I'm having trouble deciphering that last sentence.

Which reminds me, I haven't felt like posting too many impressions lately.
It's not you. My tiredness and over thinking the sentence meant I forgot to type the beginning. -_-;

Though I should clarify that last bit was aimed at what I saw others were talking about rather than your quote.

Jex

It's not you. My tiredness and over thinking the sentence meant I forgot to type the beginning. -_-;

Though I should clarify that last bit was aimed at what I saw others were talking about rather than your quote.

It's only like 20:30 but the day was too long and now it's far too warm.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 15

Yay, a Pop episode. Shit, she went balls to the wall for Majo Rica (Punyu-chan). I don't know why they couldn't have created a plush doll that looks exactly like Majo Rica instead of making that shitty recreation by hand. Or at least ask Aiko or Hadzuki to do it, cause they'd probably do it well.

Oh, and Dodo taking Doremi's test was funny. Didn't Dodo do Doremi's homework? So I guess she just scribbled all over that too. Oh well, Majo Rica's probably right; it would have ended up the same anyway. They could just chalk it up to her not feeling well I guess.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I believe in HENNEKO one of the girls wanted to move to MA because of Gay Marriage.
Oh yes, I forgot about the incest reveal. That show... :p
The Rosy cheeks of happiness.
Everyone wants a yuri wedding!
How long till we get a yuri manga about a pair of lesbians trying to collect money to travel to Canada to get married?
I love that "Canadian girlfriend" is a thing in Japan. Although of course, the meme probably doesn't exist there. lol

If you're talking about the
dual-sword skill
, that was indeed
granted by Kayaba to the player with the best reaction times (basically sync ratio with the Nerve Gear, lol) out of all players, in order to give him a better chance of defeating him once they reached the endgame.

If you're talking about the fact that in episode 14 Kirito was
able to defeat Kayaba after supposedly dying himself, that was "transcending the rules" bullshit (which, oddly enough, turned out to be something Kayaba was hoping to find all along).

I remember Kawahara saying in one of the Accel World afterwords that he's never able to resist including some kind of "breaking the established rules through sheer force of will" aspect because he has a fetish for it/it's really cool you gais or something. He realises this comes across as a complete asspull to a lot of people, though, which is why in Accel World he turned it into an actual system with its own defined logic (the
Incarnate System / "shin'i"
).

I don't think
Kirito was a kendo master or anything before starting SAO... If I'm remembering right, I think he learned kendo for a bit as a kid, but ultimately gave it up and only his sister carried on with it. So while I'm sure what few kendo skills he did have were a help when he first started out in SAO, for the most part it's the opposite: the only reason he can hold his own with a sword in real life is due to all his experience swordfighting in SAO.

At any rate, it makes perfect sense for real-life skills to translate into in-game skills and vice-versa (to an extent), since the game functions just like real life for the most part. The game gives players a few key advantages (stat boosts allow players to become much physically stronger than in real life, and Sword Skills allow them to carry out complex/precise attacks with great speed and little effort), but for the most part, using a sword in SAO works just like it would in real life.

Even in the case of Sword Skills, they work by means of a "system assist" which guides the player's body into the correct motion; it's possible for the player to influence their motion to some extent while they're in effect, and after using them for years on end, the player develops a familiarity with their motions so that it's possible to replicate them to an extent even without the system assist.

I think that he was referring to
his beating Sugou, in spite of the guy wielding the best weapon in the game and being, you know, invincible. Of course, receiving help from a mass murderer his spirit mentor in the Digimon world or whatever probably figured into that, too.

Come to think of it, the number of times Kirito won fights without winning them kind of bugged me. Not as much as Flit Asuno and Setsuna F. Seiei never having to actually win anything, but it was still annoying.

Oh god, now I am getting SAO flashbacks. When the whole point of your story is to basically create a world that shows off how awesome you your self-insert protagonist can be without even trying, then any logic really just goes out the window.

It's sort of like how every vampire and werewolf and ghost and whatever wants to bang that one schlubby looking white girl in the Twilight books, for no reason other than the fact that she's the main character.

So of course he can do things no one else can, both ways. Because being a guy who can type 500 wpm means you will also be the best Starcraft player in the world. It just makes sense in the context of this universe. :p

Kino's Journey - 6-7

You know a country is in bad shape when its law is basically a merging between the Hunger Games and Elysium. And when the ruler is Assgardian Joker Loki.

So we have a two-parter episode. Probably so they could fit in the action scenes and that bit with the play.

I gotta say, I love how Kino and Hermes are never shocked throughout this whole show. Even in episode four where
she saw a man get killed by her own parents who then tried to kill her,
she just stood there and watched what happened.

Not once in this entire series does the duo go "OMG WTF HOW COULD U DO DIS?" But given the nature of these countries that she goes to, it's probably common to her by now.

But getting back to this episode there are some things that confuse me.
Like what the point of that blonde woman was in the flashbacks. Was she the king's daughter or something? The play (this is assuming that the play is the King's backstory, which it probably is) didn't use the singular when mentioning children.

I'm also surprised at the law Kino set in. Have all the first-class citizens to fight to the death to decide the new King. She could have easily scrapped the tournament thing, but she went with the way of the country and let its citizens decide things. Just because Kino is simple traveller.

This is a damn awesome series so far. It nails the drama without being too depressing or dramatic.

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey - 6-7

You know a country is in bad shape when its law is basically a merging between the Hunger Games and Elysium. And when the ruler is Assgardian Joker Loki.

So we have a two-parter episode. Probably so they could fit in the action scenes and that bit with the play.

I gotta say, I love how Kino and Hermes are never shocked throughout this whole show. Even in episode four where
she saw a man get killed by her own parents who then tried to kill her,
she just stood there and watched what happened.

Not once in this entire series does the duo go "OMG WTF HOW COULD U DO DIS?" But given the nature of these countries that she goes to, it's probably common to her by now.

But getting back to this episode there are some things that confuse me.
Like what the point of that blonde woman was in the flashbacks. Was she the king's daughter or something? The play (this is assuming that the play is the King's backstory, which it probably is) didn't use the singular when mentioning children.

I'm also surprised at the law Kino set in. Have all the first-class citizens to fight to the death to decide the new King. She could have easily scrapped the tournament thing, but she went with the way of the country and let its citizens decide things. Just because Kino is simple traveller.

This is a damn awesome series so far. It nails the drama without being too depressing or dramatic.

Yes Kino just keeps hitting the mark every time. Its amazing. Will always be one of my all time favorite animes for that reason.
As for the blonde
if you remember it was implied that her husband was killed in the tournament and she pretty much led Kino astray for whatever reason

Yes Kino just keeps hitting the mark every time. Its amazing. Will always be one of my all time favorite animes for that reason.
As for the blonde
if you remember it was implied that her husband was killed in the tournament and she pretty much led Kino astray for whatever reason

But why would she lead Kino to the country that was responsible for the death of her husband? Maybe it mentally scarred her and now she points everyone in the direction of that country out of sheer spite for all other to suffer the same terrible fate.

cajunator

Banned
But why would she lead Kino to the country that was responsible for the death of her husband? Maybe it mentally scarred her and now she points everyone in the direction of that country out of sheer spite for all other to suffer the same terrible fate.

Thats kinda the way I see it.
It would fit with the disturbing and misleading tone of the show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I haven't watched much as I'm pretty new to anime. I can't think of any shows I've watched that have been intensely violent. At least to the point of it being memorable.

APOCALYPSE ZERO
APOCALYPSE ZERO
APOCALYPSE ZERO
APOCALYPSE ZERO
APOCALYPSE ZERO

Know what else got a pair of JP BD-box sets announced today? Yes! Precure 5.

Great news; now everyone can finally appreciate the finest details of the art not visible at lower resolutions.

wZofmkol.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom