• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Okay my comment on Lettuce yesterday wasn't supposed to be an implied suggestion to watch the show. I don't regret doing so but it's not something you need to go out of your way to see.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 17

I don't think I understand Japanese stand-up comedy. The biggest laugh I got from this episode was actually when Reika said, "It's not polite to make fun of his huge face." I don't know why.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

JocL1x7h.jpg

Oh. Hell. Yes.

I hope their swords aren't the only thing they'll be crossing with each other~ <3

Jex

Turn A Gundam 19

Anyway, Loran has a boat now, meaning he has a Gundam and a White Base. Dude might not be Kira, but he's no slouch. Make him a Newtype and we'll be fine.

I can't even remember if Loran ever goes Newtype, but he doesn't really need to because he's the best protagonist anyway.

Theonik

I can't even remember if Loran ever goes Newtype, but he doesn't really need to because he's the best protagonist anyway.
It's another encouraging thing about Turn-A but they never mention new humanity stuff in it at all. Though Loran does become sort of a badass. Though most of it is Turn-A being OP.

NeonZ

There's a weird circular white flash in some scenes with Loran in one of the later episodes,
I remember one in the episode where they talk about a space elevator
, and he senses things there, but it's outside of battle and Newtypes nor anything similar are ever name dropped or become plot relevant.

CorvoSol

Corvy kun Im not gonna lie. I will enjoy the hell out of your impressions of School Days.

So far I haven't felt the urge to shout at things, so there's that. Can't tell if my frustration is characteristic of the show, or just due to my not being familiar with the genre. Having never played any bad h-games other than Hatoful Boyfriend, I can only guess at how this stuff is meant to work.

One of the greatest pieces of anime. Pure art. The upper echelons of entertainment. Definitely in my top ten anime ever. I can't wait to read the rest your impressions.

I'm just worried that
knowing the train wreck is coming
will diminish this experience for everyone.

Oh. It's this show. The one that gave me....such pleasant dreams.

I remember thinking that the romance between Makoto and Katsura was kind of cute. Then everything else happened.

There romance is whatever. I've enjoyed better in other anime, but I willingly accept that this is the basic generic anime relationship. Even if it is between a breathing pillow and someone less intelligent than a bar of soap.

OMFGGGGGGGG corvo is watching School days
this is going to be good

Haha, we'll see.

tumblr_mrkud0et8z1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Cool character, alart.

The giant spikes coming out of his waste are in no way suggestive, nope. Dude sorta looks like Viral, aside from that.

She doesn't have enough fur, I guess.

No, she's not purple enough.

Dude, you don't even know the half of it.

This is the new #explanations from AO.

Corvo picked School Days as his first Harem show. That is an interesting choice.

Well, as a kid I did watch the Tenchi Muyo series, but that was over a decade ago, and I watched Martian Successor Nadesico, but the harem aspects of that are pretty minimized.

I am sure Corvo already watched SAO.

Eh, SAO had everyone wanting Kirito's dick, but he hooks up with Asuna early enough that I don't know that I'd say the dude had a harem.

Oh. Hell. Yes.

I hope their swords aren't the only thing they'll be crossing with each other~ <3

Really digging the looks of this show.

When Loran activates his super mode he becomes Laura.
At least in Lord Guin Rhineford's dreams.

It's another encouraging thing about Turn-A but they never mention new humanity stuff in it at all. Though Loran does become sort of a badass. Though most of it is Turn-A being OP.

Of course if everyone was already Newtypes by this point, no one would need to worry about it, either.

There's a weird circular white flash in an episode in some scenes with Loran in one of the later episodes
I remember one in the episode where they talk about a space elevator
, and he senses things there, but it's outside of battle and Newtypes nor anything similar are ever name dropped or become plot relevant.

Newtypes weren't necessary or relevant to the plot of SEED and SEED Destiny, or even mentioned by name, but it didn't stop four principle characters from being Newtypes anyway.

It's such a shame! I wish I had a little more info about the quality of the movie version's subs because the few posts I've seen on Macross forums only give a few hints as to what's bad about it. Are the subs poor only to someone who's used to the older Manga subs are are they Chinese bootleg bad? If you end up ordering this (beautiful *drool*) boxset let me know.

My guess is that they would probably be on par with the subs on the Hong Kong release of Eva 2.22 that I bought a few years ago.

santeesioux

Well that's weird, CR just cancelled my subscription and whenever i try to resubscribe it says payment error. I have enough money on my Visa gift card thing i've been using, and they still haven't gotten back to me, starting to piss me off.

Anyone ever have a problem with them like this?

Crocodile

So does the fact that the CE (SEED), AW (X), AC (WING), FC (G) and UC timelines all coalesce at the CC (Turn A) timeline mean anything? Is that like a spoiler or something for Turn A? (I don't care, I'm just curious)

cajunator

Banned
Oh. It's this show. The one that gave me....such pleasant dreams.

I remember thinking that the romance between Makoto and Katsura was kind of cute. Then everything else happened.

Such innocence and naivety..

Dead girls buy no toys.

Harsh but true.

Madoka Magica's Shinbo, SHAFT Animate Vocaloid Producer Jin's Kager&#333; Project

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-animate-vocaloid-producer-jin-kagero-project

After reading some expert opinions about the Vocaloid scene and Kager&#333; Project, Mekaku City Actors is fucking big.

Oh shit. OH SHIT.

Jex

So does the fact that the CE (SEED), AW (X), AC (WING), FC (G) and UC timelines all coalesce at the CC (Turn A) timeline mean anything? Is that like a spoiler or something for Turn A? (I don't care, I'm just curious)

Answering that question in any way, even with a labelled spoiler, is kind of a spoiler but:
Turn A is set in the distant future of all those timelines.

Theonik

Nichijou 10
Ok episode, Hakase trying to act mature was so cute. Also that Yuuko truing to skeak in the class and that face of despair. The Homework Gag was equally good.
also was noodles girl Yuuko's mom?

That Bossa Nova ED. <3

I see what you did there.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Mobile Police PatLabor (TV) 2

Does this get better? Cause it's...not very good so far. Janky dialog, animation that can't decide if it wants to be good or bad, awkward story, shitty shitty shitty dub cast. I'm not exactly impressed.

Theonik

Answering that question in any way, even with a labelled spoiler, is kind of a spoiler but:
Complete with the revelation that Colin Nander comes from the Wing timeline. Poor guy was traumatised by all those broken Gundam. Not to mention Horse Gundam from G Gundam being included on that dark history video.

Complete with the revelation that Colin Nander comes from the Wing timeline. Poor guy was traumatised by all those broken Gundam. Not to mention Horse Gundam from G Gundam being included on that dark history video.

You guys just made me want to start watching turn a gundam even when someone told me not to.

*Added to anime backlog.

Thanks for the answer

Theonik

You guys just made me want to start watching turn a gundam even when someone told me not to.

*Added to anime backlog.

Thanks for the answer
I hope you didn't read that. Was a MASSIVE spoiler.
(well not really, but it was a nice surprise if you caught it)

I hope you didn't read that. Was a MASSIVE spoiler D:

I don't mind that ( and yes i read it ) given that my experience with turn A
was a massive amount of doujins where the hero is cross dressing and abused by 2 specific females ( i think you know who ) and the fact that i didn't like how it started ( i only read the official manga version )
i might have been spoiled by a twist but now i'm eager to watch it

Crocodile

How do multiple parallel timelines turn into one timeline? Or is that though each of those timelines are considered distinct within each series, they are actually all successive with respect to each other? (Similar to how B.C and A.D are different parts of the exact same, larger timeline).

LegatoB

Mobile Police PatLabor (TV) 2

Does this get better? Cause it's...not very good so far. Janky dialog, animation that can't decide if it wants to be good or bad, awkward story, shitty shitty shitty dub cast. I'm not exactly impressed.
Do not watch the Patlabor TV dub. It's one of the worst English dubs I've ever heard, and not in a funny way. More like a "the voice director didn't even show up most days" way. That's not speculation, by the way, that's fact.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Do not watch the Patlabor TV dub. It's one of the worst English dubs I've ever heard, and not in a funny way. More like a "the voice director didn't even show up most days" way. That's not speculation, by the way, that's fact.

Oh that's evident already. But the other stuff make me not even want to seek out subs.

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 173

So Chibiusa is now back in the future and written out of the show for who knows how long. Mamoru is leaving for America and getting written out of the show, but not before giving the ring to Usagi to promise his undying love to her. And so we leave him on a----

30tR9

Theonik

How do multiple parallel timelines turn into one timeline? Or is that though each of those timelines are considered distinct within each series, they are actually all successive with respect to each other? (Similar to how B.C and A.D are different parts of the exact same, larger timeline).
It works like BC and AD yes. UC for example is a timeline but also UC refers to the number of years since humanity expanded into living in space colonies so the original MSG is set 79 years after that event. Similarly all other years are relative to their respective timelines and occur many years apart and thus there is no real continuity between them except that they all converge into Turn A Gundam.

cajunator

Banned
Oh, apparently that Kagero Project anime based on a bunch of Vocaloid songs (that also have manga and novel adaptations) still exists, and it's being helmed by Shaft and Akiyuki Shinbo. Though I guess since he has his hands full with Nisekoi, this still won't be out for a long time.

You can learn more about the whole franchise here.

Is this the closest we will get to a Vocaloid anime?

Corvo picked School Days as his first Harem show. That is an interesting choice.

It really is. Because it is the purest harem show of them all. In a very impure way.

You should watch Working! if you haven't already so this doesn't happen next time.

I second, third, fourth this. Whatever's necessary!

Crocodile

It works like BC and AD yes. UC for example is a timeline but also UC refers to the number of years since humanity expanded into living in space colonies so the original MSG is set 79 years after that event. Similarly all other years are relative to their respective timelines and occur many years apart and thus there is no real continuity between them except that they all converge into Turn A Gundam.

So is the order UC > FC > AC > AW > CC or is it never really explained?

CorvoSol

Time to post this again I guess:

There's also the philosophical question about whether newtypes cease to be a thing if everyone is a newtype.

I'm still at the point where Tobia decided that being a Newtype was dumb and that God needed to take a break and let him kick ass on his own. After Crossbone Gundam, Newtypes are kinda passe'.

It really is. Because it is the purest harem show of them all. In a very impure way.

I think it's more characteristic of my propensity to watch bad shows than anything.

cajunator

Banned
Okay my comment on Lettuce yesterday wasn't supposed to be an implied suggestion to watch the show. I don't regret doing so but it's not something you need to go out of your way to see.

Nor was mine. I was just talking about how cute Lettuce is.

So far I haven't felt the urge to shout at things, so there's that. Can't tell if my frustration is characteristic of the show, or just due to my not being familiar with the genre. Having never played any bad h-games other than Hatoful Boyfriend, I can only guess at how this stuff is meant to work.

I'm just worried that
knowing the train wreck is coming
will diminish this experience for everyone.

There romance is whatever. I've enjoyed better in other anime, but I willingly accept that this is the basic generic anime relationship. Even if it is between a breathing pillow and someone less intelligent than a bar of soap.

Haha, we'll see.

School Days is something else. I'll tell you that much.

Tenumi

Banned
WataMote: 06

Sex. Its about sex.
Was not disappointed, the cat bit already was giffed.

Wut, wut, in the butt.

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 174

Columbia University my ass

Leaving off from last time, there's a new enemy using Phage that turns victims into Senshis, ad there are new Sailors as well.

I always knew that Makoto was generally much taller than normal, but that image really put it back in perspective since I was so use to her being with the gang. Of course, with Rei being in a different school, it feels like she's just... there. The new students are idols that were introduced last episode, and we see the rankings of fandom within the Senshis with... Ami being the earliest to join! She's such a terrible closet fan. Saint Seiya is pretty much acting as if he was S1 Mamoru
considering Mamoru is dead, I guess we need it
. The second image has always bothered me. It reminds me of hentai with terrible color from like the 90s or something, the only thing it's missing is dithering up the ass.

In any case a new enemy of the week appears an----

9AOAJ.gif

Articalys

Still, if you'd clicked through the links you would have understood exactly what the Kagerou Project was. There's a reason I included the wiki link in the post, even if it is hosted at the Vocaloid Wiki.

It really is about as Vocaloid-related as BRS was, in the sense that it's a fictional universe inspired by songs that were created by Vocaloid software but don't use Vocaloid characters.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 17

Their teacher is a pretty damn good teacher. She and Hadzuki seemed to be the only ones who understood that kid. Hell, she trusted him enough to put her job on the line for him. Early in the show she was throwing chalk and shit and I thought that she'd mostly be a short-tempered teacher who would have outbursts like that for laughs, but she hasn't been like that at all since.

cajunator

Banned
There was one miscellaneous 2hu OVA that had Miyukichi voicing Marisa. That and I think some other one had some pretty high profile seiyuu in it.

I think I remember an OVA somewhere. Its probably adorable and I should watch it.

Still, if you'd clicked through the links you would have understood exactly what the Kagerou Project was. There's a reason I included the wiki link in the post, even if it is hosted at the Vocaloid Wiki.

It really is about as Vocaloid-related as BRS was, in the sense that it's a fictional universe inspired by songs that were created by Vocaloid software but don't use Vocaloid characters.

Its not your fault. I'm just lazy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi 17

Their teacher is a pretty damn good teacher. She and Hadzuki seemed to be the only ones who understood that kid. Hell, she trusted him enough to put her job on the line for him. Early in the show she was throwing chalk and shit and I thought that she'd mostly be a short-tempered teacher who would have outbursts like that for laughs, but she hasn't been like that at all since.
Ms. Seki just doesn't take shit.

That would be Touhou Musou Kakyou. Well, that was the one they got big-name voice actors for, at least; the other well-known Touhou anime project is Gensou Mangekyou, which was originally silent with subtitles only but has people who have fandubbed it.

This animation project is notable for its use of high-ranking professional seiyuu (voice actors/actresses), although where MAIKAZE had the money or the connections to be able to hire these people is unknown.

This line cracked me up for some reason. Something like this really makes me question how much seiyuu are payed for this kind of thing.

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 175

Hey guys it's a Minako episode! Which means she's showing how crazy she is. It's almost as if this was done to severely differentiate her from Usagi.

Uh anyway, she's scheming ways to become an idoru quick and easy from scandalous photos and being an assistant to the Threelights. But then our star photographer went HEY THIS AIN'T SCHOOL YO, BUT IMMA SCHOOL YA ANYWAY BY TELLING YOU ABOUT A HARD KNOCK LIFE!

And thus she learned that auditions are a thing. Yep, Minako sure is the hottest.

Jex

Tomino doesn't need to explain anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom