• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mako is Jupiter because Jupiter is the largest planet, so she's the largest (for now)
Makino is Venus because women come from Venus and she's pretty womanly/mature in comparison to everyone else (for now)
Rei is Mars because she's full of hot air.

Haven't figured out the other two.

Nafe

Secret Base sung by Ai Kayano, Haruka Tomatsu and Saori Hayami set to K-On visuals is really good too. I just love this song in general really. Thanks. :)

#teamvisor returns?!

Death to all those who oppose us.

---

I saw it earlier through famitsu.com but I see ponpo made a thread about the news regarding Blazblue Chronophantasma and it's (Japanese anyway) box art and some new details and such.

I'm not sure if they were always this way but looking more closely at the box art for the limited edition and it looks like the characters might have the coloured in style eyebrows that Mad Pierrot likes. Rachel anyway (Her Nendoroid is super cute).

eNpNhOp.jpg

Does this count Mad Pierrot?

Step

Digimon Tamers - Final

Well, what a great season, without doubt digimon always delivers on the final episode/battle... manly tears were shed.

It had a good ammount of likeable characters and amazing digimons, culumon was a sweetheart and Juri made my cry everytime T~T, Impmon/Beelzemon was a great adition, Terriermon just chillin all the time and now I understand why the some of the fanbase worships Renamon though some of the fanart still creeps me out, maybe the way the plot was developing wasn't the best for me but it still did it's job to keep me wanting to watch the next episode, also all of the songs were great.

I wish would have watched this when I was younger but I still got nostalgic because of the PSX game.

Digimon Tamers - Final

Well, what a great season, without doubt digimon always delivers on the final episode/battle... manly tears were shed.

It had a good ammount of likeable characters and amazing digimons, culumon was a sweetheart and Juri made my cry everytime T~T, Impmon/Beelzemon was a great adition, Terriermon just chillin all the time and now I understand why the some of the fanbase worships Renamon though some of the fanart still creeps me out, maybe the way the plot was developing wasn't the best for me but it still did it's job to keep me wanting to watch the next episode, also all of the songs were great.

I wish would have watched this when I was younger but I still got nostalgic because of the PSX game.

Please tell me why they worship Renamon, considering I don't remember much of Tamers.

Blusby

Is Darker than Black S2 any good? I remember really liking the first season back in the day but I hear some, well some really bad things about the second season.

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean- If Eureka Seven is like falling in love in a pure way, then Astral Ocean is like having the person you love raped and murdered (and skinned) right in front of you as your mouth is cemented shut so you cannot even scream in anguish over the demise of one you so deeply loved. It's like the Albatross from the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, rotting and weighing around your neck, but you don't even know what you did to deserve it. Horrible, terrible, and awful are words too weak to describe this positively heinous atrocity, this war crime against anime, this genocide of good taste, this massacre of reason. Hate is too weak a feeling for what this product deserves.
ielDnBWv8dgWL.png

1335298222769.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Secret Base sung by Ai Kayano, Haruka Tomatsu and Saori Hayami set to K-On visuals is really good too. I just love this song in general really. Thanks. :)

Death to all those who oppose us.

---

I saw it earlier through famitsu.com but I see ponpo made a thread about the news regarding Blazblue Chronophantasma and it's (Japanese anyway) box art and some new details and such.

I'm not sure if they were always this way but looking more closely at the box art for the limited edition and it looks like the characters might have the coloured in style eyebrows that Mad Pierrot likes. Rachel anyway (Her Nendoroid is super cute).

Nife you are kinda scary. I agree with the secret base thing though.

because she's a female bipedal humanoid perhaps?

What miserable fuck existence this fanbase must be. Guess there's not much substantial to Renamon then.

I'll fap to Angewomon instead. Or that Fairy chick from Frontier as mediocre as that season was.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Corvo's praises for E7 makes me so happy. My favorite anime of all time getting some beloved recognition.

Suou is cuteness incarnate with her sexy hips and KanaHana, but that ending fucked with my head. The entire show was average for the most part and a pretty UNTZUNTZUNTZ soundtrack but the ending made me want to fly through several windows.

Step

Please tell me why they worship Renamon, considering I don't remember much of Tamers.

Strong "female" that was mature enough to understand everyone else, pretty much like a big sis, evolutions were great with an old fashioned japan style theme.

the character design was cool too, and I like a lot her japanese/english/spanish voice.

I wish she had an interesting back story or at least something like Gatomon though.

That still doesn't explain why that digimon has that ammount of fanart and fanfics, but well I think if you are into furries she is an easy target.

Dead

well not really...yet
Corvo's Mecha anime ranking is pretty on point

Except for his irrational hate of Rahxephon. A show better than most of the stuff he listed.

Strong "female" that was mature enough to understand everyone else, pretty much like a big sis, evolutions were great with an old fashioned japan style theme.

the character design was cool too, and I like a lot her japanese/english/spanish voice.

I wish she had an interesting back story or at least something like Gatomon though.

That still doesn't explain why that digimon has that ammount of fanart and fanfics, but well I think if you are into furries she is an easy target.

Something substantial!

zeroshiki

She's in the main girls' class. She even has speaking roles.

Who cares? She's not even a side character. She's a background character only used to fill up scenes. It could have been the blonde one and it wouldn't have made a difference. She only has a name because KyoAni was nuts enough to name everyone in their class.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Yes, yes it does.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Final Day of Roadtrippin' with Felix. Today's lessons:

1. It's good to be home.
2. Thread title gets a C.
3. COWS

Current wall of shame:

Code:
cajunator 	1,151
Kirbyguy 	911
Theonik 	824
CorvoSol 	701
Narag 	603
Regulus Tera 	548
cnet128 	539
peaceiscloser 	479
Mad Pierrot 	404
Dedication Through Light 	378
wonzo 	362
firehawk12 	352
Articalys 	337
[B]FelixOrion 	321[/B]
dakkumauji 	318
Hitokage 	315
ZachDeKoromaru 	315
zeroshiki 	290
SDBurton 	289
fertygo 	288
Chet Rippo 	270
R_thanatos 	261
Kurita 	254
Jarmel 	253
Tenumi 	223
Dresden 	221
Hattori 	219
jgminto 	218
Jexhius 	215
Seraphis Cain 	209
cosmicblizzard 	200
kayos90 	198
hosannainexcelsis 	187
BGBW 	177
Basileus777 	172
chickdigger802 	170
nintendoman58 	169
dimb 	167
Syrinx 	153
Lavalamp1138 	151
PdotMichael 	142
survivor 	142
/XX/ 	123
Gintoki313 	123
RurouniZel 	120
RyougaSaotome 	119
Hellsing321 	115
jbug617 	111
duckroll 	109
darkside31337 	105
Pyscho_Mantis 	104
Save 'N Quit 	102
Defuser 	101

I barely made it in :O

get at me, boys.

slayers 5

raped by fishmen

fish.jpg

boss is showing up? the suspense is... watches next eps.

ah so this is where Lonely Island got their idea.

New thread means it's okay for me to break out my list, right? Right, cuz 300 pages is time for opinion changes! So let's start with the Mecha list.

I
wholehearted disagree as always with your RahXephon opinion because it's painfully wrong but
hope that you rightfully put Megas XLR upon this this list someday.

Narag

Unless I'm misunderstanding, the Gifu Dodo!! is sung by the main two VAs of the show too. bromance levels rising

Acosta

The craft of Uchouten Kazoku is something else, is just lovely to watch. I'm putting this on my list of things I want to watch in Blu-Ray (too hopeless maybe?).

(I missed the end of the last thread :( )

Step

Something substantial!

But you know, sometimes I believe when it comes to anime people just like to fap to everything, but that's just imposible, on the internet everyone is a decent person and only does it in the missionary position.

But you know, sometimes I believe when it comes to anime people just like to fap to everything, but that's just imposible, on the internet everyone is a decent person and only does it in the missionary position.

They also hold hands while doing it too. People on the internet are disgusting.

Shergal

Rozen Maiden ED
Peeling Back the Layers

Good post, and yes, the ED of Rozen Maiden is really well accomplished. If only I liked the actual song more :x
I think it makes a difference when Omata himself processes his storyboard. The OP has much of the same visual flair but isn't nearly as consistent, nor goes as well with the music, as this one (the OP was storyboarded by Omata but directed by Naoki Murata). Besides the hypothetical differences in skill between the two artists, splitting the storyboarding and unit direction credits generally makes for weaker end products, as the former has to keep fluidity of communication in mind since he's drawing for someone else while the latter will have to work around someone else's vision.
At the very least, it's much more cohesive when one person handles the whole process.

People only doing the missionary are boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom