• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I can only draw things well if they have already been drawn, if that makes sense. I can't draw new things and that is why I dropped art in A level.

Mature

The internet has brought forth a similar image years ago whose likeness probably was not intended but that nevertheless I will always associate with that pose. yall know the one. Im not even mentioning it. Cannot unsee.
Don't let it win!

No no, we can accept it's existence now. It's the only way to work through the trauma.
The option does not exist anyway. I exist to be a constant reminder that Rebuild has fans.

Metrotab

Banned
I don't think I'll ever be able to draw, or paint, or perform any form of artistic impressions. My hands weren't made to bring beauty to this world.

You are watching the dub right?

No since I didn't watch the first season dubbed either.

Love Lab - 3

This episode went pretty dramatic for an early one.

And when are these girls gonna get around to their titrations and destillations?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A most noble group of men, and surely this academy will be very prestigious too!
Of course. We'll have courses like games testing where we teach pupils how to tighten up the graphics on not just level 3, but level 4 as well!

Mushibugyo Episode 17

Slow start but then picked up well. Could have handled Mt. Fuji Hammer and Divine Punishment better there (maybe give it more scenes than just the typical three type slash repeat scene thing)...

Articalys

Hahaha, I love the VN-choices style prop that comes with the Tohka Nendo:
8ZKXgEO.jpg
Can anyone please translate what it says?

Tenumi

Banned
Now if TLR mangaka put out a book...

If I saw that I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Let's Play! Suite Precure: 31

So the Precure travel to Piccolo's mountain range to train and increase their power levels so they can use new abilities and attacks to defeat Cell. Also, a Negatone is unleashed on the city while they're gone. Where's Cure Muse when you need her?

BD videophiles, there was a brief glitch in this episode when I watched it in the second chase scene with some big macroblocks (if that's the right term) showing up for half a second or so, but this may be my PS3 rather than anything wrong with the Blurays themselves.

Yeah, bug with the BluRays. In addition, they're region free and there's errors in the labels. EU videophiles may want to wait until the second print, US folk should nab it now since it's region freeness should be "fixed".

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, bug with the BluRays. In addition, they're region free and there's errors in the labels. EU videophiles may want to wait until the second print, US folk should nab it now since it's region freeness should be "fixed".
Thanks for the tip. Will hold off then.

BluWacky

Ah, at least I wasn't imagining it!

I'm not bothered enough to replace it - and I certainly don't care about label errors etc. I'm far too British to cause a scene by demanding a replacement!

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 66 – The Steel Struggle! The Nameless Heroes!
BQib9ccCEAARnqv.png

Loge is one of the better Pallesite designs and overall gave a great performance here with all the other steel saints. They really feel integral to the plot and well developed and hopefully will continue to stick around.
Excellent performance from the three of them this episode in stopping Loge and then Soma with the killer attack. Especially liked how creative they were with the hurricane move and even Subaru's Paleisdies Impact

Di Gi Charat

This is probably my favorite 3~ minute anime. Completely absurd comedy about two alien pseudo-catgirls working at some sort of otaku shop, and it has a 14 year-old Miyukichi in what I assume is her first role. I want a Puchiko.

Theonik

That's because you're a quitter.
But. But...
;_;

Of course. We'll have courses like games testing where we teach pupils how to tighten up the graphics on not just level 3, but level 4 as well!
Kaomoji module where we teach proper online etiquette

Master the art of the butt. You could be chet's contemporary. One day there could be a book of letters written to each other complete with hastily scribbled T&A.
Stick people have no butts.

Think this is what someone posted in the bebop thread in regards to the visual error:

http://i.minus.com/i3Z3nSg9whjaR.gif
Wow that sucks hard. RIP me.
Also I should watch whatever that GIF came from.

cajunator

Banned

Appreciated but actually I do have the pink haired version of her preordered already <3

Hahaha, I love the VN-choices style prop that comes with the Tohka Nendo:

Can anyone please translate what it says?

Tohka is so cute its ridiculous. I dont collect Nendos but several have come out recently that makes me wanna start. But I cant buy everything >_

Di Gi Charat

This is probably my favorite 3~ minute anime. Completely absurd comedy about two alien pseudo-catgirls working at some sort of otaku shop, and it has a 14 year-old Miyukichi in what I assume is her first role. I want a Puchiko.

I like that you like what I like.

Narag

16 three-minute episodes (plus a bunch of specials that I assume vary in length), it's pretty nice.

I still need to move on past the first series. Winter Garden sounds scary though:

Winter Garden is a two part slice-of-life drama spinoff series. Dejiko is around 20 years old and Puchiko is now around 15. The characters are ordinary human beings and no longer wear their signature outfits with the cat ears and tails, have "eye-beams" or add "nyo"/"nyu" to the end of their sentences. They have a new and more mature look, and different personalities. This was also the last animated project to feature the original voices of the characters.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
time to pop in this thread and bother ya'll. are there any good slice of life - comedy series airing this season?

There is indeed, and by happy chance it is also the best show of the season, Uchoten Kazoku a.k.a. Eccentric Family.

yeah Free and Love Lab are fun as well but Uchoten Kazoku blows everything else away so if you only can watch one show make it that.

Dresden

time to pop in this thread and bother ya'll. are there any good slice of life - comedy series airing this season?

highly recommended for anyone and everyone: Uchoten Kazoku

pleasant, funny stuff if you don't mind all the sexy men: Free!

pleasant, funny stuff if you don't mind cute girls doing cute things : Love Lab

Metrotab

Banned
I've been hearing tremendous praise for Uchoten Kazoku everywhere. Guess I should check it out despite the synopsis sounding wholly unimpressive.

Gintama Episode 15 – Pets Resemble Their Owners

Mixed feelings on the episode and
why is Catherine back, she ought to have been in jail longer, what even
. On one hand it made me laugh at times, at others it was just annoying because Sadahara was dull just always biting gin's head :( Would have liked some variety.

CorvoSol

Rumour is that Tomino initially wanted Loran to be a girl but Sunrise executives mendled fearing they'd lose their audience if they had a woman MC. So Tomino took his vengeance by abusing Loran every chance he got.

The place they wanted to live in is actually an uninhabited region. They still had to negotiate with the people of the planet as they'd need to be in good terms with them and by the time they landed they thought there would be no resistance or need for war courtesy of Guin's negotiation. As the story progresses you will also get more reasons for all this.

Poor, poor Loran. It certainly explains all the Marth hair and stuff Loran has going on.

Full Metal Panic!: Fumoffu - 2

That third PE routine reminds me of the dance lessons we had for the senior festival.

One thing this show is so good at is the comedic timing of both Sousuke's dry lines and the physical gags that surround them. It doesn't feel forced at all.

Chidori's voice actress is what makes the show though. Lovable enough for romance scenes, but also aggressive enough to play the part. Good stuff.

AND WHERES BARBAROSSA MY WHITEHAIRED QUEEN

Tessa will be in this show.

I just finished Sword Art Online.

That was fun.

For a given value of "fun".

OceanBlue

I just finished Sword Art Online.

That was fun.

Just out of curiosity, would you tell a person interested in the show to drop it at 14? I've seen quite a few people say that when they recommend the show but since I haven't seen it myself, I don't really have an opinion either way.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Just out of curiosity, would you tell a person interested in the show to drop it at 14? I've seen quite a few people say that when they recommend the show but since I haven't seen it myself, I don't really have an opinion either way.

No and yes.

I thought Alfeim was complete shit personally. Obviously I like the show and would prefer it continue but the way they did it was really bad. It should have just ended at 14.

I thought Sugou was a complete cookie cutter antagonist. The original antagonist could have had some awesome development, and the same goes for the original world. Overall I found the second half of the story to be like a sequel that didn't take us anywhere interesting.

edit:
Sorry, I didn't realize you haven't watched. Did you edit or did I read that incorrectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom