• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Man, I wish I was at the age and skill level I am right now back in those days. I could have made a fortune!

The life of a western anime artist was indeed sweet. Get a few thousand dollars from a multi-book publishing deal with Scholastic, travel the con circuit where you're constantly overshadowed in the Artist Alley by an intern artist from UDON, then parlay your success into a manga published by Seven Seas that lasts two volumes. Once the money runs out, you're left with no option but to create a deviantart account and take BBW furry vore commissions for $30 a pop for the rest of your life.

cajunator

Banned
Actually, this picture here perfectly demonstrates what Im tlaking about.

bUiwCqf.jpg

Left= sexy
Middle = neutral
Right = cute

Mothman91

Finished watching Welcome to the NHK because a friend recommended it to me while I told him to watch Planetes. Was a good show, but I think he'll like Planetes better.

And damn them hikikimores.

The life of a western anime artist was indeed sweet. Get a few thousand dollars from a multi-book publishing deal with Scholastic, travel the con circuit where you're constantly overshadowed in the Artist Alley by an intern artist from UDON, then parlay your success into a manga published by Seven Seas that lasts two volumes. Once the money runs out, you're left with no option but to create a deviantart account and take BBW furry vore commissions for $30 a pop for the rest of your life.

That's better than what I've got now.

Which is nothing.
Actually, this picture here perfectly demonstrates what Im tlaking about.

bUiwCqf.jpg

Left= sexy
Middle = neutral
Right = cute

I think that has more to do with the characters as a whole than what socks they're wearing.

cajunator

Banned
That's better than what I've got now.

Which is nothing.

I think that has more to do with the characters as a whole than what socks they're wearing.

Not really. I explained below..

Finished watching Welcome to the NHK because a friend recommended it to me while I told him to watch Planetes. Was a good show, but I think he'll like Planetes better.

And damn them hikikimores.

NHK is one of my favorites. Im not sure what it is about it that appeals so greatly to me but I just love to watch it.

There seems to be a correlation with your list and boob size as well, lol.

I think the creator of the pic probably designed it like that on purpose but it does emphasize my point. Also I was talking about in general, and was actually looking at my figurines when I made the assertion lol. Lace is typically more an emphasis on sexy, with exception of gothic lolita which is just adorable and perfect. stripes and decorations are a more playful fun and cute way of doing it. The character designs in that pic do seem to depict the sort of character that wears each.

CorvoSol

Yeah Im a bit jelly of that. Although I can pretty much talk about most anime with my Mom anytime. Whether shes interested or not she likes my enthusiasm for it. My Dad...well hes not supportive of ANY cartoon and pretty much thinks of this kind of thing as something I shoulda dropped 20 years ago. I had to convince him that a new computer would not further ruin my life (despite this being my computer in a totally different household) and generally have to listen to "you should learn a trade and do something useful with your life instead of wasting your time and money with this shit. Its for babies. No wonder you're so messed up in the head"

Not exactly glowing praise for my hobbies is it?

Well, I mean (and I'm assuming this is true for others) I have hobbies outside of anime/video games. I enjoy going on day hikes with my friends ('cuz my state is nothing short of beautiful this time of year), I used to play the Trombone, I like to write, and while I definitely am not supportive of all of the organization's positions, I did and do a lot of Scouting, too. So my dad and I have other things we can connect on, like camping and the occasional fishing trip (we used to go more, but we just don't often have the time anymore). Dad also really likes biking a lot, which I'm not that big into.

I've seen this image a million times and still don't know what show it is from.

uo7wdov.png

how big is acceptable to you?

I'm gonna be that guy and say that nothing passed 6 is really enjoyable for me.

Ugh, Toonami is looking at Eureka Seven: AO, guess they want me to start watching all of my shows by streaming on CR and Hulu.

Well I mean they're already pouring kerosene with SAO, might as well light the place with E7:AO, too. Man I hate AO.

Gvaz

Banned
If it's bigger than 3 it's too big. No need for that shit.

Also: I'm on episode 5 of Space Battleship Yamato (2013). Have they explained at all why the enemies look human?

cajunator

Banned
Well, I mean (and I'm assuming this is true for others) I have hobbies outside of anime/video games. I enjoy going on day hikes with my friends ('cuz my state is nothing short of beautiful this time of year), I used to play the Trombone, I like to write, and while I definitely am not supportive of all of the organization's positions, I did and do a lot of Scouting, too. So my dad and I have other things we can connect on, like camping and the occasional fishing trip (we used to go more, but we just don't often have the time anymore). Dad also really likes biking a lot, which I'm not that big into.

I'm gonna be that guy and say that nothing passed 6 is really enjoyable for me.

I do have hobbies outside anime and videogames.
You said you were an amateur radio operator. Tech plus I believe. Im General class. Not very active these days though. I also dabble in complex origami, fishing, coin collecting, mug collecting, and have a huge interest in cars, geography, and severe weather phenomenon. I was also a Boy Scout so I have a soft spot for camping, although Louisiana ISNT the most beautiful of places so I dont do much outdoors stuff like I used to when I could travel more. I love to hike though and usually stay at the front.

As for eye design preference, its perfectly fine if you dont like the huge eye styles. Not everyone does. I myself only have a limited tolerance of them.

Lurky

Tamayura Season 2: Episode 4

This show always makes me feel warm and fluffy~<3
So anyway, this episode was about Potte's first photography club activity. Not much else to say other than everyone was busy being cute. And I like how they always end their episodes with instrumental music. It always gives the show a really nice feeling.

ZoddGutts

It has been readily apparent from the first episode that she does most of this shit to herself and of of the recurrent themes is he denial of her situation to the point where she blames everybody but the self. Also the fact of the matter is that Tokomo is suffering from more then just a little social awkwardness, she is most likely suffering from one if not multiple undiagnosed metal disorders and really needs professional help. I do not find such things amusing, also, on a meta example the who social awkwardness thing reeks of cynical manipulation of otakus in a similar position. I have coem to hate Tokomo, hate everything about her, and that is what make Watamote enjoyable for me, her suffering, her torment.

Pretty spot on especially if you read the manga, even more so if you read the prequel manga. She's all around a terrible person.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can just imagine that their is a school out there that has lacy skirts and high heels as part of its uniform.

Jex

Macross Zero - 01
The CG are fucking damn ugly ugh.. its make me wish they not showing any mech because the show are actually looks great beside that. Even today the CG not very good, imagine CG from 2002.. oh god.

Btw its pretty charming first episode.

I can't reconcile your statements.

Lurky

I've never actually seen them in real life. Just like opera gloves.

I always figured that in real life they're probably more of a fetish thing. Something your girlfriend might wear for you when she's trying to seduce or fuck with you. But to my surprise I actually have seen some people walking around in them. Mostly weeaboos and trick-or-treaters though.

Jex

Turn A Gundam 6

FUCK YES FINALLY GIANT ROBOT FIGHT. The Turn A busts out the old school morning star we haven't seen since MSG's early episodes. Wonder why that thing never caught on, cuz it was awesome. Anyway, Loran is obviously doing his best to avert a war that the existence of another 40 episodes tells me will inevitably break out. In spite of this, I feel like politics are being handled with some manner of thought, which is a mind blowing departure from the norm for this franchise.

PV for the next episode looks like cross dressing. Poor, poor Loran.
&#8704; Gundam is filled with nothing but mind blowing departures from the franchise, as well as from reality and logic in general.

/XX/

Guys, what are some other site options if I want to import a recently-released DVD that's out of stock on amazon.co.jp? I have a friend in Japan who I can ship to and he'll ship to me so international shipping issues aren't really a problem here.
Rakuten or you could just use random electronics chains' sites like yodobashi.com or biccamera.com
For domestic shipping? Alternatives I've used are honto, HMV (both this ones also tried for international shipping) and TOWER RECORDS (this later one depending on some exclusive pre-order bonuses they sometimes have... and no, I'm not a 'fujoshi'). All recommended!

Oonuma has always loved those polygonal patches of light.

Two whole seasons waiting for that salt.
The true hero of the series! :'-)

CorvoSol

I do have hobbies outside anime and videogames.
You said you were an amateur radio operator. Tech plus I believe. Im General class. Not very active these days though. I also dabble in complex origami, fishing, coin collecting, mug collecting, and have a huge interest in cars, geography, and severe weather phenomenon. I was also a Boy Scout so I have a soft spot for camping, although Louisiana ISNT the most beautiful of places so I dont do much outdoors stuff like I used to when I could travel more. I love to hike though and usually stay at the front.

As for eye design preference, its perfectly fine if you dont like the huge eye styles. Not everyone does. I myself only have a limited tolerance of them.

Oh yeah HAM radio. At this point I just renew my license so I never ever have to take that test again.

&#8704; Gundam is filled with nothing but mind blowing departures from the franchise, as well as from reality and logic in general.

How a highly advanced society capable of living on and traveling from the Moon and mass producing mecha isn't capable of subjugating the victorian era humans on the Earth is a pretty notable one.

Theonik

How a highly advanced society capable of living on and traveling from the Moon and mass producing mecha isn't capable of subjugating the victorian era humans on the Earth is a pretty notable one.
That actually makes sense and you will see why.

Jex

I 'think' that the implication is that, of course, they could easily lay waste to the Earth but they don't want to take that approach for political reasons.

Theonik

I 'think' that the implication is that, of course, they could easily lay waste to the Earth but they don't want to take that approach for political reasons.
It's mostly just Dianna Soreil wanting to avoid a war for personal reasons, then you have the whole Aggripa betrayalton too. Also the Turn-A is pretty OP too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom