• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Excited to watch the LoGH finale today. Feels like the end of a journey.

Congratulations in advance for completing the journey. I'd argue there are no shows like LoGH.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid END
Well that felt anticlimactic.

Now this is taking advantage of CourvoSol's ban. >.<

Urgh. Further proof that despite being around a reasonable amount of time, I still have yet to understand what :firehawk means.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ragetown 1

K. This was bad. Uh.... Unless I have people watching with me I don't think I can even hatewatch this. It's just.... ugh.

Dynedom

I'm sure K-ON! is fine, haha. Even if I don't like it, it can't possibly be worse than some of the garbage I've waded through these past 2 years.

Ragetown 1

K. This was bad. Uh.... Unless I have people watching with me I don't think I can even hatewatch this. It's just.... ugh.

No-one should be remotely connected to KNIM. Bail now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Legend of the Galactic Heroes]
Oh definitely but the show never really felt the same
after Wang died.
Minci vs Reinhard is just not the same, but I thought it was important to show that life did move on without our main character. :( It was just too dragged out.

Actually, I love the episode where Minci storms the Brunhild. That could stay!
Do the lengths I have to go to understand :firehawk require me to watch K-On? :'(
I think the second half of Gunbuster is very :firehawk, too.

K-ON!] is a cute show about cute girls doing cute stuff. The best compliment I can give it is that it's inoffensive.
K-ON!! is a full on iyashikei mono no aware that rips your soul out and leaves you with a long-lasting impression. ;_;

When I say K-ON! I mean the franchise as a whole. Movie included.

Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist 2
makaiouji1_by_tristtrist-d6dfxag.gif

Hilarious episode, William Twining and his realists moments (and that melody of London Bridge song for the atoms part) was funny. The cast is pretty solid and everyone being completely interested in him makes this quite entertaining. Sytry (great transforming scene) is a good character for both him and Dantalion, Isaac too even. He's quite the character. I wonder who else do we have to be joining these events.
Dantalion isnt fully a devil? That is kind of good and gives me hope he could someday come back to the land of the living, though I dont think he is that bad of one

Dynedom

[Legend of the Galactic Heroes]

Minci vs Reinhard is just not the same, but I thought it was important to show that life did move on without our main character. :( It was just too dragged out.

Actually, I love the episode where Minci storms the Brunhild. That could stay!

Haha. Man, I wish we still had an active LoGH OT. I could discuss the show for weeks.

Dennis

Banned
Silver Spoon - Episode 1

Entertaining enough, I will stick with it for now at least.

The main characters acceptance of battery chicken farming is pissing me off though.

Metrotab

Banned
Don't forget that the LOGH franchise includes movies and a lengthy prequel series.

I never hear much about the prequel series. Are they comparable in quality? I'm not gonna watch them immediately after the main show but might be interesting for the future.

Jex

I never hear much about the prequel series. Are they comparable in quality? I'm not gonna watch them immediately after the main show but might be interesting for the future.

Not really, but for those in need of more LOGH (and that should be everyone) it's worth checking out.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Freeer is really the only way to go, culminating in the epic finale of the trilogy, Freeest. Just send me the paychecks now, Kyoani.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Whatever the second season is called, I hope the third season is called Three!

Dynedom

Don't forget that the LOGH franchise includes movies and a lengthy prequel series.

Admittedly, the only OVA's and movies I ever watched (apart from Overture) were My Conquest... and Golden Wings.

I really should watch Spiral Labyrinth and Hundred Billion Stars.

My Conquest Is The Sea of Stars is definitely worth a look. I've heard very good things about Spiral Labyrinth as well.

subtles

I'm guessing the Steins;Gate VN has no release date yet? I'm a big sci-fi fan and want to see the anime but was told that the game focuses more on the sci-fi elements.

Metrotab

Banned
My Conquest Is The Sea of Stars is definitely worth a look. I've heard very good things about Spiral Labyrinth as well.

I started with Sea of Stars actually, someone told me it was a nice prelude to the main series and I'd have to agree. It introduced the main characters and gave a little taste of both the military starfleet battles and the political games behind them. The main series starts somewhat in medias res, while Sea of Stars cadres it ab ovo, which I prefer.

cajunator

Banned
If you're interested in K-ON!, then watch it. It's pretty much the best show of its kind by most measurements, at least that I've seen (which is admittedly little). I'm not an overly huge fan of that genre, but if that's the kind of show you're looking for, K-ON! is the place to go.

This is actually true. Like it or hate it, the production values are through the roof.

Oh definitely but the show never really felt the same
after Wang died.

Do the lengths I have to go to understand :firehawk require me to watch K-On? :'(

Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom