• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

tumblr_mq7x9n5DH91qghmqdo1_500.png

and congrats kayos!

tumblr_mq7xccglwY1qghmqdo1_500.png

A just punishment.

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play: Suite Precure: 21

Awesome episode, with the stakes high. Hummy is either really stupid or really smart, but
she saved the day, by getting through to Siren.
Then....

The moment I've been waiting for!
Not exactly. Instead of her secretly being Cure Muse (Which we already knew she wasn't), she's a new Precure! But she's not quite there yet. She appears to have reservations on her new role as a Precure, and ends up leaving the battle quickly, but not before getting lectured by Muse in this SPOILER IMAGE.

So next episode....should be interesting.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! I have finished my non-anime activities for the evening! Time to watch some JAPANESE ANNIEMAYS.

...and eat pizza. Mustn't forget the pizza.

CorvoSol

Yes! I have finished my non-anime activities for the evening! Time to watch some JAPANESE ANNIEMAYS.

...and eat pizza. Mustn't forget the pizza.

But don't ever tell your roommates you're ordering pizza. Did that once and spent the next hour arguing with 5 dudes and 2 girlfriends as to what was going on this $5 pizza, who was paying what and how, and in which way we could properly divide a pizza between 7 people.

AND THEN THE VIDEO BUFFERED WRONG.

Theonik

Eureka 24/7
Damn. Well I suppose that went a lot better than a thought. So much sadness though.
I think I'll be really sad when
Renton inevitably kills them in the oncoming battle.
Eureka T_T

CorvoSol

Eureka 24/7

Damn. Well I suppose that went a lot better than a thought. So much sadness though.
I think I'll be really sad when
Renton inevitably kills them in the oncoming battle.
Eureka T_T

I straight up bawled when
Renton left their ship.

space bros 66

the whole letter thing is saddening. :(

Man show is soo good. Flight is always fun. I actually kinda wanna go watch Planes... someone talk me out of it D:

Let's Play: Suite Precure: 21

Awesome episode, with the stakes high. Hummy is either really stupid or really smart, but
she saved the day, by getting through to Siren.
Then....

The moment I've been waiting for!
Not exactly. Instead of her secretly being Cure Muse (Which we already knew she wasn't), she's a new Precure! But she's not quite there yet. She appears to have reservations on her new role as a Precure, and ends up leaving the battle quickly, but not before getting lectured by Muse in this SPOILER IMAGE.

So next episode....should be interesting.

Yaaay best character get!

cnet128

Banned
But don't ever tell your roommates you're ordering pizza. Did that once and spent the next hour arguing with 5 dudes and 2 girlfriends as to what was going on this $5 pizza, who was paying what and how, and in which way we could properly divide a pizza between 7 people.

And this is why I live on my own.

or it could just be because I'm a horribly antisocial person with no friends

Futari wa Milky Holmes 2

Well, at least they're not having the nerve to actually call themselves Milky Holmes. Though that makes the series title a little nonsensical.

Dammit stop taunting me with brief glimpses of the real Milky Holmes girls and the good old Phantom Thief Empire guys and generally characters I actually care about ~.~

Narag

Power still out. Gonna watch Attack on Titan on my phone. I fear I won't be able to stray from this parh of wickedness I now embark.

CorvoSol

Megas XLR 103

All Coop wants is a slushie, but this pompous alien robot (complete with pompous voice and pompous orchestral/choral soundtrack) is too busy trying to convince him it is invincible to allow for that. Coop and Kiva get into a long and philosophical debate on the true pros and cons of "Smashing" vs "Not Smashing" things. Jamie is a total loser who is basically ignored by Coop and Kiva for the full episode.

The show doesn't actually address where Jamie lives (Coop lives with his mom) but the real question is: where does Kiva live? Girl's been stranded like, a thousand years in the past and doesn't have even a change of clothes, let alone a place to stay.

Also "There's always one in Hoboken!" "Yeah, but that's Hoboken."

I like that even though Megas "saves the world/Jersey" every episode, Megas also basically trashes Jersey every episode.

cajunator

Banned
why must you betray your own kind?

your taste in 2hus is underwhelming.

His avatar leaves something to be desired.

Layton brothers. A fun level 5 ios mystery game.

2013-07-03%2001.20.07.png

2013-07-02%2002.02.13.png

2013-07-02%2002.02.07.png

Thanks!

Pizza ordering is never a problem for me. I think maybe I have one of the luckiest roommate situations in the world.

cnet128

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds 2

Hajime why are you so awesome. Hajime why are you so wonderful. Hajime loooooove.

Also social media saves the world or something.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan Episode 15: If only all of the slower paced episodes were like this, then we really would have a show that could stand among the great. As it is, these episodes really do serve to highlight how the Defense of Trost arc just went to shit. We begin to get some insight into not only the Surevy Corps but indeed the delightfully insane Major Hange Zoë and her experiments on The Titans. There is duplicity afoot however and criminals arise to end such actions.
Also, I wish I could get exicted about the future to the rest of the Trainee Squadron and their future choices, but the new OP and EP kind of told me that they will all be Survey Corp members.
At any rate, I am still enjoying the set up to this new arc and I hope that things stay on track.

Servant x Service 03

8A4TYQEl.jpg

Sakurai depression moe.

Wasn't bad of an episode. Not enough office humor but the characters are amusing enough to keep watching.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Guess Who? Moon 22

....yeah, the other subplot besides why all bishie guys seem to have a taste for jailbait poon.

Anyway, seems like every party had something to gain from the episode, in order to reach their goals, or in TUXEDO KAMEN's case, his memories. Nothing of value for any of them for that, but...

She was kind of drunk when this happened.

Theonik

Eureka Seven 25
So desperation disease is an actual thing on this universe. I wonder what it really is. I'm guessing some sort of layline poisoning of sorts?
Shouldn't be long now. Re-union should be within reach!

kiniro mosaic

love that UK jacket haha.

ayayayaaa.png

best anime face of the week. ayayayaayayayayaayayayaya.

shino always have that shit eating grin the whole eps is amazing.

probably best show of the season :D

Rozen Maiden (2013) 3

I vaguely remember they touched on Jun's past and why he was a recluse in the old seasons, but I don't remember it being like this at all. It definitely left more of an impact this time around.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Megas XLR 103

All Coop wants is a slushie, but this pompous alien robot (complete with pompous voice and pompous orchestral/choral soundtrack) is too busy trying to convince him it is invincible to allow for that. Coop and Kiva get into a long and philosophical debate on the true pros and cons of "Smashing" vs "Not Smashing" things. Jamie is a total loser who is basically ignored by Coop and Kiva for the full episode.

The show doesn't actually address where Jamie lives (Coop lives with his mom) but the real question is: where does Kiva live? Girl's been stranded like, a thousand years in the past and doesn't have even a change of clothes, let alone a place to stay.

Also "There's always one in Hoboken!" "Yeah, but that's Hoboken."

I like that even though Megas "saves the world/Jersey" every episode, Megas also basically trashes Jersey every episode.

Shhh... the show doesn't want you to ask those questions...

"No one gets to trash my city....umm...'cept me!"

CorvoSol

Shhh... the show doesn't want you to ask those questions...

"No one gets to trash my city....umm...'cept me!"

I figured they weren't worth worrying about, just things I'd kinda noticed. Trashing Jersey is probably a running gag.

Majestic Prince 15

Not a bad episode and the first time the comedy in this show didn't feel like "THE CAKE IS A LIE GUYS NOW YOU LAUGH" level. I got a genuine kick out of the part where, upon learning their colleague had jumped two ranks, Boobs McEngineer quips, "What, did you die during combat or something?"

Action was okay, particularly the stuff focusing on Asagi. Izuru suddenly is sexy so lots of :DTL in this episode. And poor Kei is apparently a terrible chef.

Narag

Attack on Titan 15

Huh , that was pretty good. No unnecessary melodrama past the scientist girl, new cast members are charismatic, character interaction wasn't forced and felt natural, Titan science stuff was illuminatingl, and thehook before episode ending was one of the strongest thus far as it didn't overly rely on unexpected shock value but more on the burgeoning political intrigue.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Precure 25

Oh come on, Toei. Cure Batman was around for all of one scene. I wanted to see more of Sebastian punching things. But he did dress up as a knight, and Mamo's stint as "Cutie Madam" was somewhat amusing. The animation was spotty in a few places, but it was worth it to see Alice get the glow, and turn Rosetta Reflection into an actual reflecting attack - now it can kill, at least when aided by Ace. Aguri continues to show up out of nowhere. What is she doing during the day? Also, the Selfish saying "ATTENTION PLEASE" instantly made me think of JumboWhale. Him and his mustache and pilot's cap... good times.

Next week is another Rikka episode... where she
takes care of Ira.
Rikka, you already have a wife, you don't need to go seeing other men. But it is going to be interesting.

cnet128

Banned
Nice figure but her boobs are too big.

Because genki is beeeeeest!

Agreed and agreed.

Yes, this gif demonstrates fairly effectively that Green has a pretty gorgeous body and Yellow pales in comparison.

Shingeki no Kyojin 15

I love the voice actress for Hanji, she's doing an absolutely perfect job. Gets across her unhinged personality and crazy fetishism for her Titan research so well. The pacing in this episode felt nice too. I think partly it's just refreshing to see things happening that aren't people shouting a lot and leaping across rooftops.

Doki Doki! Precure 25

Oh come on, Toei. Cure Batman was around for all of one scene. I wanted to see more of Sebastian punching things. But he did dress up as a knight, and Mamo's stint as "Cutie Madam" was somewhat amusing. The animation was spotty in a few places, but it was worth it to see Alice get the glow, and turn Rosetta Reflection into an actual reflecting attack - now it can kill, at least when aided by Ace. Aguri continues to show up out of nowhere. What is she doing during the day? Also, the Selfish saying "ATTENTION PLEASE" instantly made me think of JumboWhale. Him and his mustache and pilot's cap... good times.

Next week is another Rikka episode... where she
takes care of Ira.
Rikka, you already have a wife, you don't need to go seeing other men. But it is going to be interesting.

And people said there's no way Toei could fuck this up.

Although spoiler clarifies the reason why I saw some
RikkaxIra stuff. Although I think it's more of a way of me not actually remember who they're named as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom