• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Lovely Complex

Is Otani from Lovely Complex the most oblivious male protagonist in the history of fiction? My brain is trying to throttle itself to avoid being infected.

Jesus.

Syrinx

I'm on day 5 without home internet. Haven't watched anime since Monday. No withdrawal though. Watching Season 1 of The Wire for the first time. So yeah. It's been good.

But I need the fucking internet back.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Megas XLR 103

All Coop wants is a slushie, but this pompous alien robot (complete with pompous voice and pompous orchestral/choral soundtrack) is too busy trying to convince him it is invincible to allow for that. Coop and Kiva get into a long and philosophical debate on the true pros and cons of "Smashing" vs "Not Smashing" things. Jamie is a total loser who is basically ignored by Coop and Kiva for the full episode.

The show doesn't actually address where Jamie lives (Coop lives with his mom) but the real question is: where does Kiva live? Girl's been stranded like, a thousand years in the past and doesn't have even a change of clothes, let alone a place to stay.

Also "There's always one in Hoboken!" "Yeah, but that's Hoboken."

I like that even though Megas "saves the world/Jersey" every episode, Megas also basically trashes Jersey every episode.

The only thing you need to know about Megas is odds are the whole thing is either Coop's fault or he makes it worse. Often times it's both simultaneously. According to the creators if they had been given another season they would have done an episode where
Coop sends the ancient Gloft off on their reign of conquest, basically everything that happened in Kiva's future is all his fault.

Theonik

Eureka Seven 26
ipT151gaGGVCF.png

Cute. #TeamVisors
This reminded me of Sailor Moon lol
Well, this can only end badly :( RIP
This episode was pretty sweet. This arc was so good... I have a feeling I'm going to miss it.
I really want to watch more but I should go to bed...
Until tomorrow!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
But being internetless should make you watch more anime.

Yep! What else is there to do when you don't have internet?

I spent 3 weeks on vacation at a log cabin resort in Tennessee a few years ago. There was electricity but limited television (no cable) and definitely zero internet out in the middle of those woods.

There was a flea market there with a random anime stand located in between a gun dealer and a lady selling some some pretty weird artwork. It was way too god damn hot to do anything outside for the 3rd week (and honestly not much more to do or go see) so I just watched a shit load of anime that I bought from this cute girl at a random anime stand in a shady flea market. I'm pretty sure that anime stand was there just for weirdos like me.

Gatlinburg was pretty cool.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The only thing you need to know about Megas is odds are the whole thing is either Coop's fault or he makes it worse. Often times it's both simultaneously. According to the creators if they had been given another season they would have done an episode where
Coop sends the ancient Gloft off on their reign of conquest, basically everything that happened in Kiva's future is all his fault.

That worldve been glorious ;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Genshiken
I still think it's funny that they can make this reference...
aau2wB6l.jpg

But not this reference...
4yJ6c31l.jpg

Although here, it's probably censored for the joke.

Also, this would be the perfect time to use a "here we go" gif:
TI9PtJll.jpg

I wonder if the anime will be able to go there in the time it has.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou/Day Break Illusion Episode 3: Oh yes, this show is getting better and better by episode. Defiantly a product of a post Modaka Magica world still, yet is doing enough unique things for me to enjoy it. I am also please to see each of the team has their own motivations and opinions about the situation and Akari, predictable as some of those courses are taking. Yes, I will be retaining this one on the watch list.

servant x service 3

big boob problems.

lucy's probably my favorite female protag of the season.

sizes.PNG

k nvm this is my favorite show of the season. foreign lolis is 2nd.

Syrinx

But being internetless should make you watch more anime.
Problem is, most of my anime is on the internet, and I'm not potentially fucking up my wireless bill watching Crunchyroll and Hulu and shit in 3G

Though I did get Steins;Gate yesterday. But now I'm busy with The Wire. Maybe later tonight.

This talk about internet issues seem to come up at a right time, considering the situation and whatnot with billing. Might have to sit out of internet for an undetermined amount of time.

But at least we'll have cable (that I don't even use).

CorvoSol

Attack on Titan 15

New OP is so awful. That said, it is good to see this show attempt to recover some of its dignity and get back on track. All of the Recon members seem to be interesting, and Major Hanji is definitely the star of the show. I'm not much of a fan of Levi, who seems to basically be a more violent, male, version of Mikasa, but everyone else seems entertaining, at least. And most importantly, we didn't sit on our asses for 18 minutes worth of 20 seconds this time around. We got to at least hear things we hadn't or couldn't figure out on our own.

It was an okay episode.

Syrinx

This talk about internet issuesyou seem to come up at a right time, considering the situation and whatnot with billing. Might have to sit out of internet for an undetermined amount of time.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

No, whatever, hope you guys get that settled.

CorvoSol

I can believe it. Coop and Jamie just kinda roll their way through everything.

Eureka Seven 26

This reminded me of Sailor Moon lol
Well, this can only end badly :( RIP
This episode was pretty sweet. This arc was so good... I have a feeling I'm going to miss it.
I really want to watch more but I should go to bed...
Until tomorrow!

Such the best arc. Love this show.

e_i

Kin'iro Mosiac episode 3

Hands off my waifu, BITCH!
Alice's freakout is fucking EPIC. She actually shoves Karen away.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This talk about internet issues seem to come up at a right time, considering the situation and whatnot with billing. Might have to sit out of internet for an undetermined amount of time.

There is always Toonami I suppose.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

No, whatever, hope you guys get that settled.

Hope so too. I mean in terms of usage, internet heavily wins out there, but the problem is that it also eats up a massive amount of budget, which cable doesn't :/. On top of that, having everyone on the internet would be a massive problem since I could easily wreck it myself, on top of my sister playing on her Xbox for good lord knows how long. Could be a few months at worse before it's situated. Like... October.

Sailor Moon 23

Pretty sure age matters when one is underaged, Naru. Also some BL.

Naru really is on Nephrites dick, but Usagi tries to go OH HE'S BAD KTHXBYE. You're terrible. I guess this feels like a midseason climax since we have an idea on what the Silver Crystal really is, and this girl has something to do with it.

SEX Possible Silver Crystal. Also another upskirt from Sailor Moon. How lewd.

So in love with him, you'd risk your life to even save him
although he saves Naru, but for different motives.
. Wonder what this can produce for Nephrite's character. WE'RE GETTING CLOSE TO JUPITER

Mr.Jeff

Teekyu - 01-13 - I don't know what I expected but not that. Was pretty funny though; the short formula is perfect for it. Kinda had the speed of Excel Saga going on.

There is always Toonami I suppose.

Chances are, whatever's on there, I've already seen. Plus I removed my cable box from my room because I don't use it, so I don't really have that. I have my backlog of anime, but lord knows how long that'll really last me.

cnet128

Banned
Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou 3

Hm, this is starting to get interesting now.
Akari's ability to hear the voices of the Daemonia is interesting, since it basically disproves the accepted notion that the people they emerged from no longer exist at all. That said, if all they're going to say is how they want to be killed, it doesn't really change very much. Hopefully we're going to meet Daemonia with something a little more interesting to say sooner or later.

Also, there is so much of people talking about Akari behind her back and making knowing, cryptic, ominous-sounding remarks. What terrible revelations are waiting to ensue...?

Bleach 26-28 5th rewatch? (via na)

Had never noticed before that for Houkiboushi the ed animation changes focus for each squad each episode...Seemed more depressing this time around with Rukia all lonely.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Servant x Service Episode 3: A better episode then last time yet this show is getting too bogged down by the antics of shit characters, this time being the prolonged Sanji routine performed by Hasebe, good god your sexual harassment and stalker are annoying and creepy and not the least bit endearing. Give this show one more chance before it ends up being dropped.

Sailor Moon 24

Black Crystal has Xray powers confirmed.

And so we end our Nephrite arc with Naru suffering.
It's clearly not fair, Just to see Nephrite have another side to him. Didn't even enjoy the chocolate parfait... I want to do a parfait similar to anime.

I guess Naru might be in constant danger now.

Also bad guys, stop going for Sailor Moon's identity. Everyone dies the moment they find out. That's how dangerous it is! She's like a mafia boss!

Naru, may you find a new penis/poon.

Tenumi

Banned
I've had no problems with my internet :)

...until my brother moved back and managed to somehow mangle up the network so it seems like it goes down 2 times a day and managed to get a DMCA notice sent to us for the very first time. And stealing my bandwidths :p.

He's a networking major, too.

Tenumi

Banned
I have way too many long runners (49+ episodes) on my plate. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, DokiDoki Precure, Suite Precure, The Precure Backlog, Yugioh Zexal....

Wanna finish something up on there (Excluding Suite Precure) before I start Sailor Moon... or I can just indefinitely halt watching Zexal, not that I'm watching much of it anyway...

I have way too many long runners (49+ episodes) on my plate. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, DokiDoki Precure, Suite Precure, The Precure Backlog, Yugioh Zexal....

Wanna finish something up on there (Excluding Suite Precure) before I start Sailor Moon... or I can just indefinitely halt watching Zexal, not that I'm watching much of it anyway...

Could try speeding up a bit for some of your shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom