• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
(╯°□°)╯︵
QM7T4IA.png

This...is genius. Speakin for me!

But Hajime is the cutest female character of the season.

NOt quite. She has significant competition.

Prisma Ilya 2-

I think my problem with the show is that it lacks a certain dynamism or energy in the scenes. It all feels very lethargic despite certain bits being pretty funny or the action being well animated. Ilya herself is actually a pretty good lead and she seems relatively normal and her reactions are gold. It all feels lifeless and artificial though.

I do think the soundtrack has been pretty decent so far. They played that wonderful track in the PV this episode and it's easily one of my favorites this season.

The show might work better with more main characters added to the show as it might get it the vibrancy the show seems to be missing. I do think this episode was a vast improvement over the first as the comedy really came into play here.

It really should have looked like that. could have been adorable. Instead its kind of derpcute which I guess is acceptable.

School Days - 10

So yeah, Katsura got raped, and Makoto willingly hooked up with little green-haired girl and that other girl he kissed in the last episode.

iJjtrvV48ldx7.gif

This is soooo enjoyable to read.

Same >_
I gotta stop buying stuff!

cnet128

Banned
Not in the true sense of the word ..meaning that it's pointless to look for clues knowing that there is a sequel present.

Unless you think a sequel has to pick up exactly where the previous work left off and follow the same set of characters, I think it's a sequel in most senses of the word.

(SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS for Danganronpa 2, for godsakes don't read if you're not already familiar with the later stages of that game)
It takes place in the same world a few years(?) later, and shows a continuation of the same conflict (Super High School Level Despair vs the students of Hope's Peak Academy), answering a lot of the questions that the first game left unanswered in the process. It features the same antagonist (albeit reincarnated as an AI, since she kind of...died in the first game) and quite a few of the protagonists from the first game return to play important roles. Seems pretty sequelish to me.

That said, it's absolutely true that the way in which the games are connected is far from obvious even if you know quite a bit about the second, so trying to deduce anything about the first game from the second's mere existence is a futile endeavour.

Hattori

Banned
I just finished catching up on the manga and thought to try and give the anime adaptation a shot.

-------------
Aku no Hana First Impression:

What were they thinking when they chose to implement this horrible rotoscoping shenanigans... Half the time the the people didn't have faces, only for for it to pop-in a couple of frames later. If they we're going for realism then they surely failed in my eyes, because half the time I was getting distracted at how ugly and sloppy the animation looks. I'm not a big fan of live action adaptations but this one made me wish they would have just gone the extra mile and did it instead of this half-ass implementation. /rantover

Having said all that, there was a lot of things to like about it. The backgrounds were beautiful and very detailed. The background music fit perfectly well. It's a very competent adaptation once you get past the horrible-looking animation of the characters. I still wish they would have kept the manga character design, but I think that story/plot is strong enough to carry this show in spite of the questionable design decisions.

q6ObD60.jpg

what could've have been...*sigh*

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 19

Ok, I think I can see the pairing now...

Anyway, Siren and the Three Stooges watch some previous episodes to figure out that it might be a good idea to separate the Precure so they can't transform. Works well, until Cure Muse shows up and shoots rainbows out of her floating magical piano. Then the normal two Precure save the day, and the credits roll...

...What's this? The next episode's title:
Siren's Last Battle
... Might need to watch a few more episodes today...

cajunator

Banned
Sadly, nobody will ever be able to get their hands on any of these, because a certain girl has purchased every last one that was manufactured.

damn you kuroyukihimeeeeeeeee

KYH is a beautiful character and very cute, but her hugging pig haru puts her into moenuke territory.

madoka57u4p.gif

beautiful and pure friendship.

DAWWWWWWWW *squees everywhere

i think we should hide that , because cajun is gonna want to get this one too.

You can travel to some places in the school to gain time. ( because the school isn't that small )

Also the 2nd game is NOT a sequel of the first game ..so you shouldn't deduce anything with this information.

Too late >_
Although I already have three. Do I really need another one?

neptunia 2

rapin' turtles and loli lovin'. ok enough eps.

peaches.jpg

wish the animations was a bit better for fights.

Well...uhm....why do they like to pseudo-rape poor Nepgear so much?

The Cajun List.

Sounds like a mighty fine list.

Hattori

Banned
sorry but roto-nakamura looks like middle age woman trying to cosplay as a school girl, maybe I'll get use to it, but the manga designs are still very fresh in my mind.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
sorry but roto-nakamura looks like middle age woman trying to cosplaying as a school girl, maybe I'll get use to it, but the manga designs are still very fresh in my mind.
I just tried to tell myself they were in high school or something.

Theonik

Eureka Seven 23
ixoLiWi4kRxFi.png
iLobnjLhsnSgR.png

[REDACTED]
All of their talk about raising adolescent sons and all is bound to become very painfull when they have to betray Renton for their secret mission.
Poor Eureka she's so devastated. And poor Renton. Still oblivious of other people's feelings.

Kurenai 9

dCT3CkQ.jpg

4mGIRhn.jpg

The background art is lovely, and effectively delineates the various settings the series takes place in. Note here how the world of the Kouhouin, steeped in tradition, contrasts with the modern art of the outside world.

The Kouhouin family is messed up. Yikes.
The revelation about the fate of the women in the Inner Sanctuary made me sick.

If Kurenai was willing to use his arm mutation on a job earlier, why in the world wasn't he willing to use it when Murasaki was being taken away? Yeah, he's said he doesn't want to rely on that in the past, but if he really cares about Murasaki wouldn't he go to any length to save her from her fate?

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 20

Hurray little kids of plot relevancy! Save the day with your strangely knowledgeable information about the situation! Or not.
Siren has all the notes now and is going to sing, so next episode should be a doozy.

survivor

Banned
K-On!! 13

I realized I haven't really finished watching the second season. I really forgot how good the show was.

That was a fun Azusa episode. I was never fond of her and her group, Ui and Jun, but I liked all the dream sequences and the last 5 minutes had some really good music. I do hope that Free will be able to effortlessly navigate between the lighthearted and fun scenes and the serious ones like in this episode.

K-On!! 13

I realized I haven't really finished watching the second season. I really forgot how good the show was.

That was a fun Azusa episode. I was never fond of her and her group, Ui and Jun, but I liked all the dream sequences and the last 5 minutes had some really good music.

I thought that episode was bizarre, but I loved it too.
Save for the dream she has at the pool, you could always tell it was a dream if she didn't have a tan

CorvoSol

What mecha anime came out recently? I need to get back into valvrave and finish gargantia.

Aside from VVV and Gargantia, you've got Majestic Prince. Which is bland to awful depending on the week, but had a pretty good fight scene the other day.

Eureka Seven 23

All of their talk about raising adolescent sons and all is bound to become very painfull when they have to betray Renton for their secret mission.
Poor Eureka she's so devastated. And poor Renton. Still oblivious of other people's feelings.

Oh man I'm excited for you for this part.

http://media.tumblr.com/42b379a6a0c733a1f0e4ec448945f18e/tumblr_inline_mo3tuoohvO1qz4rgp.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

Indeed, it's not nearly as adorable as [URL="http://i.imgur.com/Hvhy3fq.jpg"]Gaping Dragon-chan.[/URL]

[quote="Theonik, post: 71816326"]That's not how you spell Parsee[/QUOTE]

Where's her ridiculous hat be it small or large?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom