• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Kayos' avatar is too cute. I tried to tell him this on Twitter but didn't get a response during my exile!

Tenumi

Banned
I should probably be glad I don't have much of a clue on what's going on.
I've never played any of the Persona games, if that's what this is about.

Theonik

I just don't really find the art of that guy who does the newer persona games to be that appealing :/
Madness
iQp1lb0QVqQ81.jpg

I thought my message was pretty clear.
Lack of talent?

Theonik

Eureka Seven *6
Fuck you Dewey.
This was good. Too good.
I have the highest of expectations from these episodes.
Edit: Now if it wasn't for the kids this would be 10x better. Kids ruin everything in this show.

survivor

Banned
K-On!! 16
So they still ended up not practising, good. I don't want to see any music parts.

It's pretty fun to spot all the popular gifs of the show while watching it. In this episode I noticed 2 Azusa gifs that I have seen everywhere before.

Theonik

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm just mocking the whole SMT vs. Persona elitism thing. I know from my Poe's Law trolling excursions in OT that my sarcasm doesn't always come through, so just wanted to make sure
k9F6SRc.gif

Mitsuru > *

Chie > *

come at me.

Is that what your sister told you?

She'd probably take issue with the whole demon summoning thing first.

cajunator

Banned
You should watch K-On!! and the movie too for good measure.

Also, you should stop watching anime as background noise.

This is how I watch dubbed anime too. Sometimes its nice to just have as background noise.

So I thought I would watch a couple of scenes from Magical Shopping Arcade Amenobashi because my sister wanted me to recommend her a good comedy anime, and I can't believe how funny it still is. I haven't seen the show in a very long time, but those small clips reminded me of how funny i thought it was.

I might have to give it another watch someday when I'm done with my anime backlog.

This scene was pretty great too (the MC turns into this because of the suit, he doesn't look anything like that lol). It kinda reminds me of how bad the animation was for it but it's randomness makes it funny.

Abenobashi is legit hilarious. Dancing mushrooms, fun characters, Gainax weirdness...Watch it!

Sailor Moon 39

Dat chest. Anyway, in another Lets throw Usagi under the bus arc, we find out that our the Jupiter is capable of skating gracefully a--- oh man, the Stringendo vibes are back with this one as we have glorious skating upskirt time.

I don't think Tuxedo Mask is really possessed with the way he acts. It's so unconvincing.

Anyway, JEALOUSY OVER OUR JUPITER! Can't handle tall girls can she?

If I remember correctly, we had Venus, Jupiter, and Mars being mistakened as Sailor Moon, so I guess we're in need of a Mercury episode next. Can't wait till I get to the point where Ami gets progressively dirty minded.

I love this episode so much for some reason.

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean 20

Have you ever seen something so stupid it left you speechless? I have. It's called "Codename:Cannon".

Corvy kun you are brave. foolish but brave.

I haven't finished Astral Ocean yet, but I'm leaning toward that. Sword Art Online was a stupid, if enjoyable show for 14ish episodes. AO was that for like, 5? Suguha's shitting up SAO doesn't happen till the second half of SAO, but Truth's shitting up of AO starts much sooner.

Honestly, though, at this moment Pocket Full of Rainbows is worse than either, mostly because it is in SRWZ2 which means I constantly have to live with it.

Scale of awful at the moment: 00 is worse than PFoR is worse than Rah Xephon is worse than AO is worse than SAO is worse than AGE is worse than Stardust Memory is worse than Majestic Prince is worse than SEED Destiny.

You have a shit tier list? Im impressed!

With regards to this jazz, my parents know I watch the animus, and my dad watches his fair share, too. My kid bro mocks me for being weeaboo and playing games in Japanese, but since he plays as many bad games as I do, its in good fun.

My little brother is a dudebro. He likes pretty much everything I dont and vice versa.

...Never again will I claim that anime dubs have done nothing good for the world.

And Ritsu's standard hairstyle is the best as well! Basically Ritsu is just the best in general.

Agreed. Very agreed. In fact, can we just turn it into the "Hajime and Utsutsu Show"? Yuri implications very much intended.

Yes Ritsu is indeed the best. Not even close! Also the Hajime and Utsutsu show would be a fine spinoff :D

Site update for the Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ TV anime reboot, with a new key visual and character profiles:

http://yozakura-anime.jp/index.html
http://yozakura-anime.jp/chara.html

Also confirms the October 2013 start date that leaked before.

She really does look like Kanna. Best girl already confirmed?

In addition to the already known fact that Trigger will be selling the Little Witch Academia Blu-ray at Comiket 84, they will also be selling some sweet new LWA merch, including a t-shirt, tote bag, and coffee mug.

No Sucy, no Sale!

Cutie Honey F

Out of curiosity borne out over many, many years, I decided to watch the first ep of Cutie Honey F, the "successor" to the Sailor Moon anime - same timeslot, same studio, apparently the same core staff.

This was a relatively unsuccessful attempt to turn Cutie Honey into a shoujo series, although it still got 39 episodes and my understanding is the ending is pretty final so I don't think they could have spun it off any further. Even though it's shoujo, they still keep the original lyrics in the OP about how tiny her bum is...

Bear in mind that the show predates the Utena anime by about a year, so imagine my surprise at these shots:

Otherwise it's clear that there's a lot of design influence from Sailor Moon in the monsters and Panther Claw's lair, as well as stylistic elements like the flowers (and florid speeches!) that adorn so many scenes.

Otherwise, it's not the most exciting of first episodes, despite car chases and fights on blimps. Honey's whirlwind transformations and fighting really needs the energy that Re: Cutie Honey provided as the way she's presented here is too restrained, and the supporting characters don't get enough screen time to prove interesting at this stage.

I want to watch some Cutie honey but Im not sure which series are good. Can someone provide a list?

cnet128

Banned
Cameron wants to take away our doujins because he is frightened of the

uk.jpg

Fuck Cameron. I want to feel proud of my homeland, but at this rate I'll have to start bitching about the UK almost as much as I do about Germany.

Why do all governments have to suck?

CorvoSol

I don't think 0083 or F91 has shown up in a while but they have never not used a Gundam.

Maybe this time they will! You'll see. I mean everyone can agree that AGE was pretty bad, right? And not pretty bad like Destiny where at least there were cool robots and match ups to get you through. Just bad.

Eureka Seven *5

Dominic really has it rough.
We've now gone to the point where they have one revelation after another. Also Nirvash being awesome. Every Eureka x Renton scene at this point is pretty sweet at this point.
Also old Talho pics.
I have a strong feeling the sage meeting with Dewey will only end with his girls killing them all besides that piece of shit we've seen a few episodes back.

The revelation that
Dewey and Holland are brothers, along with the associated backstory for the two, was pretty nuts.

AnimeGAF list of things that don't exist contrary to popular belief:

Darker Than Black sequels
Eureka 7 sequels
Gundam 00 sequel movies
Usagi Drop manga

That is all

Has Rebuild of Evangelion 3 landed there, yet? I'd also push to extend Gundam 00 to the 2nd Season. But yeah, no such thing as a Bunny Drop Manga. Oh, and I believe Hitokage has said there's no such thing as a fourth season of Slayers?

Eureka Seven 36

Based Axel Thurston. Man Holland used to be a pedo.
Probably still is with the whole Eureka thing.
That bonding with Renton and Holland cracked me up.
Poor Eureka cracking under the pressures of society though. Kinda sad.
Renton was so close too at the end of the episode and he finally said it!
Soon. Maybe.

I really liked this episode. It was, I dunno, really humanizing to see
Eureka struggle with makeup for the sake of looking attractive to Renton.

hows the slayers animes?

Random urge to watch something with magic nuking and thats the first to come to mind.

They're really good. In terms of quality, Slayers NEXT is better than Slayers is better than TRY. But all three are pretty good.

Eureka Seven *6
Fuck you Dewey.
This was good. Too good.
I have the highest of expectations from these episodes.
Edit: Now if it wasn't for the kids this would be 10x better. Kids ruin everything in this show.

Theonik gets it, guys.

Corvy kun you are brave. foolish but brave.
You have a shit tier list? Im impressed!
My little brother is a dudebro. He likes pretty much everything I dont and vice versa.

Yes, the official shit tier list ranges from Bad to Very Bad to Horrible to So Bad it is Good. 00 S2 and the movie join Rah Xephon on the Horrible level, while So Bad it is Good is occupied by the likes of Code Geass R2 and Valvrave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom