• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Metaphorically disappointing. I was promised melting mountains and stuff! Also in Brazil an old woman stopped us and told us that the Devil's banner was plaid colored. So I better see some plaid.

Satan is Scottish?

Tartan = Tartarus = hmmm......

cnet128

Banned
Inu to Hasami 4

Oh, so the sister is actually
a terrifying yandere
. I guess I should have seen that one coming.

The extent of the conversations dog-boy can have with people before he figures out that they can't actually hear him is beginning to strain my suspension of disbelief at this point >.> Though I guess you could explain that away as
his sister being terrifyingly on his wavelength

Theonik

Plus the internet filters are opt-in anyway - the government's just paying for Net Nanny for everyone, essentially, and you don't have to activate them if you don't want to.
It's opt-out. There's a difference! And it's a massive waste of resources for all parties involved.

Will the antichrist be a loli? If so, will she rock that single fang look?
She also has to wear a tiny hat.
Also half glasses.
And cute little horns. And a tail.

From gaming side:

http://www.p3m.jp

Full site update, movie opens on Nov 23 in Japan, there's a brand new trailer too.

New trailer: http://www.p3m.jp/trailer/pv02.html
Character designs: http://www.p3m.jp/chara/index.html
Youtube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnC9IDJma6M

mw7cCJm.png

Hype ass hype.

But, she's like the worst.

Fuuka!

This is the greatest opinion.

Yes, Fuuka is a candidate for worst. Aigis too. :p

This is literally the worst opinion.

P3 waifu discussion is meaningless on the face of how absolutely superior Aigis is.

This is also acceptable.

Also I'm not too into P4 because I haven't played it in years but: Chie > Rise > the rest

More Kyoko is always a good thing too.

Well, there's always that to look forward too.

If you look at some hints, I think it wouldn't be a big surprise if the third movie will play between
Madoka's final wish and the dialogue between Homura and Kyubey at the end of the last episode. It's more an addition to the anime than a successor.

Actually, that doesn't seem to be the case. Urobuchi himself stated that the 3rd movie will not be the end of the story, so it's leaning more on a continuation of the story there.

Avoiding spoilers for this movie is going to be a nightmare.

Theonik

Eureka Seven 43
iw85c6t7xPA1l.png
i3BKchvFwAHe8.png
ib2AhBGTL0KJh5.png

She chose... Poorly. Her tsun ways have backfired now. We'll see though.
Geography Bones edition.
Man Dewey has some SERIOUS baggage. I mean damn. Holland is also really stealing the show.
This kinda reminds me of the Island arc in Nadia. Only it's actually good.
Edit: Also allow me to re-iterate the children sucking.
Also what's up with Eureka and Nirvash.

She needs a cute moe catchphrase too.

She has one.

Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended,
so the world might be mended.

Wait this is better

Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
Then touch the Demon inside me.

cajunator

Banned
Funi posted the Sankarea eng dub trailer. Havent heard Chihiro's voice before and I guess Rea sounds alright, Wanko sounds like typical funi voice.

Nice. Rea sounds hnngh. Might pick this up. Its mediocre but zombie moe is nice.

Why thank you! It's not like I didn't enjoy it! Oh no, it was absolutely wonderful.

I mean, the design of the boat was just...amazing, and the way everything worked out in the end was...so...ugh it's so amazing that it cannot be described. Sincerely! It was that beautiful!

Oh, I can only imagine the joy the person who wrote this episode felt. In fact, I even found a gif of the final touches being put on this masterpiece!

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner

We're here for you!

Kayos' avatar is too cute. I tried to tell him this on Twitter but didn't get a response during my exile!

It is. so adorable. I'm sure he is proud of it.

I should probably be glad I don't have much of a clue on what's going on.
I've never played any of the Persona games, if that's what this is about.

Me neither actually. Although that Junes girl is really adorable and I like the robot.

Madness

Lack of talent?

Yup her.

Cameron wants to take away our doujins because he is frightened of the

uk.jpg

8/10 would laugh again. Good show ol chap.

Shergal

Yami Shibai 2-3

Yeah, I can vouch for this. While I generally don't enjoy horror stories as I find they mostly rely on cheap jump-scares and this certainly isn't revolutionary in that aspect, it's refreshing to have an animated show of this type (even if it barely even counts as an animated show).
I find the overall aesthetic of it pleasant enough, and really, it's 4 minutes an episode.

It's pretty nice.

7Th

Trigger CEO Masahiko Otsuka on Kill la Kill:

NewType: KLK is Trigger's first TV series. Trigger's CEO Ootsuka says that he feels driven ("triggered") by the studio's passion, and the work continues to largely expand.

Otsuka: KLK is a project that was planned even before Trigger got established. At first, it was just a one-episode story, and we thought we could make it simpler... but as we were reviewing the script with Imaishi and Nakajima, we decided to redo the whole script to make it more interesting.

As a result, the project became something quite overwhelming. Of course, you can't really stop once you decide to make something amazing (laughs). We were rather worried because Trigger's a new company with limited vitality/manpower and budget, but we only put in our best effort. It's a show without any brakes attached, to the point where Nakajima-san even began to worry.

NewType: As a result, it became an all-out, explosive work.

Otsuka: As the studio's CEO, I have the feeling that there's been many lines crossed (laughs). The proper procedure would involve preparing a budget, predicting the outcome, and THEN making a good show. But from what I've seen, Imaishi and the Trigger crew want a show that breaks away from tradition. No matter how difficult it is, they want to pour in their individuality and bring forth quality. They can only make things by removing limiters (laughs).

NewType: Kazuki Nakajima was in charge of virtually the entire script. The initial plan involved more writers participating, but as meetings progressed, Nakajima became the only one who could continue the script.

Otsuka: The Nakajima plus Imaishi concentration is very much higher than TTGL's. I participated in the Gurren Lagann discussions and had some input, but the director is really running it this time. I felt that he has greatly matured since Gurren Lagann, and our meetings make me only more confident."

NewType: So it's a work with a studio decided to break all limits and with a rich script.

Otsuka: The afurekos (off-recording) will also be very interesting. The cast this time is really quite splendid. I think Imaishi and Sushio's visions will expand even further once the cast provide their voices. The show's universe and settings will also grow even more. I'm looking forward to that.

NewType: Ootsuka served as assistant director for Gurren Lagann, but this time he is merely backup support, without any hand in the process. The veteran is a supporting pillar in the upcoming project.

Otsuka: All I can do for now is see it through to the finish. We have a mission, and I'll continue to support this production site from the back.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This sounds like we're creating the greatest character ever.
We're not really creating anything if the concept already exists.

I see you know the source.

------------------------------------

And since I realise 90% of my posts over the past few days have been of rather seedy topics I'll make this post about the one show I watched tonight.

Blood Blud 3

It's better than Attack on Titan!

cajunator

Banned
I like my Personas grimdark, personally.

Suddenly realizing why I've gotten more shit for playing Demon's Souls than any other game.

This whole concept is pretty foreign to me. Id like to see what its like to live in the bible belt for a little while. Seems kinda crazy.

The Madoka Magica movies continue to be great and look wonderful. I love spotting the tiny differences in them compared to the series. Almost all the backgrounds were redone, and lots of cleaned up animations. A lot of the new backgrounds are in CG, and have a more Monogatari like feel:
Series on the left, movie right.

I can not wait for the third movie. I love this franchise too much.

I will never look at toothbrushing the same way again after Nise.

Knowing you, you don't have a preference for tomboys? smh

That's still violence. I should be gently hugging the evil out of them.

Would love to see how they react to CHRONO CRUSADE

I'm in the mood for a good old fashioned smutty anime. I'm thinking Kanokon might scratch that itch.

Juden Chan :D

Watch K-ON!

for smut? Drum N Bass?

Meh. The UK already passed a law in 2009 essentially prohibiting possession of even non-realistic explicit images involving characters that appear to be under 18, so basically all my doujins are illegal there already, a fact which disgusts me. Every further step taken down that road just makes me more angry.

Australia has some pretty shitty laws too. The Us isnt far behind Im sure.

Day Break Illusion - 3

Yep, this is a dark Mahou Shoujo all right.

So now, Akari seems somewhat okay with killing these things now, as she believes that she must move forward, like a bunch of those other anime protagonists. But now that that stuff is out of the way, perhaps now the show will focus on deeper plot matters, like what those animals are talking about when they say she's a good guinea pig.

This show is kind of doing the foreshadowing wrong though.
With all this plotting in the background it's hammering on the alarm bell that screams: "THERE'S GONNA BE A TWIST!"

In Madoka Magica, the foreshadowing was handled much better.
For example: Kyubey says that Madoka has a lot of potential inside her, and that's it. If Kyubey said: "Yes, her magic is huge, it's perfect for us" in the beginning, then some of the effect is lost, as he admits that he's got a plan of some sorts.

Foreshadowing works at its best when it makes the audience think that something is up as opposed to knowing something is up.

Here,
I know something is definitely up with all of this background plotting. So my expectations for the upcoming twist have now been raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom