• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailor Moon 41

3JsdJ.jpg

Much like how stock footage was reused more than once in this episode, it is quite meta.

Anyway the Derk Kingdom wants to get the 7 great youmas
to make a big one to claw out the Sailor SENSHIS
And Ami is reminded again to not waste her youth and grab it by the penis
Which she did

We got Tuxedo RAMASAMA BACK
and then he gets stolen again

5 episode left.

CorvoSol

But they never changed anything they only covered half the manga with season 1.

In the case of Bunny Drop, not making any change is the best change possible.

Maybe he's becoming DTD, Dedication Through Darkness!

What is this, an old 80s cartoon show based off of an NES game? Are we suddenly gonna have Califooooornianator, too?

oh god, the DTL shitty filter tumblr gif/shit headline sig. Its fucking terrible. Good god, just stop it.

It's delightfully awful.

Dumbledoreclap.gif

So it's Xebec's fault that Kamina's sword was absurdly long? lol

I thought that was Yoko's fault. Badumtish.

slayers 1

duraaaagooon slaaaave!

Fun show.

Fucking hulu has way too many ads :(

A wise choice for show to watch.

fertygo

Orguss -13

I can't take all of this soap opera ugh.. fuck you Sley, fuck you Mimsy.. not too hot with the show atm .. its shaping to not a very good show in past 5 episode, tempted to stop watching.

But..

The plot bit in the end also kinda interesting.

Oofuri summer 4
BP1Ceq9CIAAinXQ.png

Best expression. Icchan is really becoming this season's Kanou for me. Good character for an antagonist, well thought out and actually quite skilled. Somehow it feels as if he ought to be captain as he seems to be the most competent on their team.
For Nishiura, was funny getting Mizutani to come all the way out there in the middle to get a lead. And if Daichi collapses somehow due to feeling in Tajima's shadow :( Hopefully he can support him

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 37

So that "solo" that Tomoyo was talking about in the beginning of the song in the choir contest was really just a song that was a performance by her with backup singers. Not really fair for a contest like that. Not that I didn't love it; hell, both scenes in this series with Tomoyo singing have been some of my favorite scenes so far. This one was made even better with Sakura's face during the performance.

That was a really sweet scene with Tomoyo and her mother when she came home when she heard Tomoyo was sick. The "busy parent" seems to be a commonality in a lot of the anime that I've watched, but I guess that makes her all the more likeable for coming home and taking the next day off just to be with her daughter when she was sick (well, she wasn't sick, but y'know).

On an unrelated note, the previous episode had a moment where Sakura's father wished good morning to the picture of Sakura's mom (why does he call her "Nadeshiko-san"? She was his wife), so I'm thinking that there may be more episodes about Sakura's mother in the future. I would appreciate that. I've loved the episodes that dealt with her.

wonzo

Banned
Can anyone help me remember the name of an anime? It was supposedly made by the same people that did Spice and Wolf, and it was about this hero who set out to slay the demon princess except the demon princess wound up being super good at economics and shit and came back to the human world to help them not suck economically, I think?
It's called Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and the anime is shit. Read the superior manga.

Sakura Trick anime announcement confirmed again:
Is that real yuri? Well I'm surprised.
Yeah, I've read the first (non 0) chapter and there's no faux yuri to be seen anywhere.

Minami-ke Tadaima 3

Oh shit, Sensei and Ninomiya-kun are back. I hope there'll be a moment as great as the few in the first season. I'm noticing how a lot of the time (or every time I guess) when there's a slight close up on a character, the background is replaced by some miscellaneous colorful backdrop instead of the setting. I guess some things had to be sacrificed for the show to look as good as it does.

Cardcaptor Sakura 37

On an unrelated note, the previous episode had a moment where Sakura's father wished good morning to the picture of Sakura's mom (why does he call her "Nadeshiko-san"? She was his wife), so I'm thinking that there may be more episodes about Sakura's mother in the future. I would appreciate that. I've loved the episodes that dealt with her.

He calls Sakura "Sakura-san" too, I too am unsure why.

Minami-ke Tadaima 3

Oh shit, Sensei and Ninomiya-kun are back. I hope there'll be a moment as great as the few in the first season. I'm noticing how a lot of the time (or every time I guess) when there's a slight close up on a character, the background is replaced by some miscellaneous colorful backdrop instead of the setting. I guess some things had to be sacrificed for the show to look as good as it does.

I don't think those things are usually a budget saving measure (since they could just zoom in on the background they already have), but a directorial decision. They tend to be a way of emphasizing gags.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I caught my sister filing through my drawers tonight and she'd already found two K-On bikini gashapons. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, I'm probably in jail.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TWGOK
wVnE3wGl.jpg

Ah, I miss the shy moe. I still remember the lovely Shiori arc from the original series.

Dog Scissors
kmRgegtl.jpg

KIFheWHl.jpg

Iw7jz21l.jpg

You know, despite how they've basically categorized the girls into waifu tropes, for some reason I think the show is just ridiculous enough to be amusing. Yandere brocon girl and the super hard swings of the tsundere lead are just wacky.

I don't think those things are usually a budget saving measure (since they could just zoom in on the background they already have), but a directorial decision. They tend to be a way of emphasizing gags.

Yeah, I can't imagine that saving any cash if any at all. I find them a little unnecessary but I don't really mind them either.

Sailor Moon 42

DRAMA, PANTY SHOTS, BUTT LINES, LEOTARDS AND PLEASURE FACES

God damn Sailor Moon, I know stealing boyfriends was bad, but that doesn't mean you should kill her. "TRAGIC" Backstory for Venus, her husbando was taken, and she faked her own death too. Jesus.

Have to say though, Venus herself hasn't been too impressive with her showing. Doesn't help that she came in through the tail end of the season. Not like it's Precure, where this would be a nail in a coffin, she has four more seasons with us!

Side note: I really like how Tuxedo Mask talks. Especially when he says a Sailor Scout's name. It sounds so... cool.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Digimon Tamers] 04 (Rewatch)
When the faux-Game Boy Digimen game is the best-looking thing in the episode then that's pretty bad. :toei

You know, Pokémon would be super boring if they also showed the cruelty of cockfighting from time to time.
I caught my sister filing through my drawers tonight and she'd already found two K-On bikini gashapons. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, I'm probably in jail.
Can I keep Mugi?

CorvoSol

Man that sucks. Glad my dad watches anime, too, so's as my entire family doesn't look down on me for it. Also glad my whole family plays video games for the same reason.

On the other hand, if anyone ever saw my imgur and the contributions to the Awesome Fanart Thread therein, I'd have a LOT of Splainin' to do.

Erigu

Mods. I think DTL's account has been compromised.
Maybe he simply is on the "Hanji is male" side.

Whats so bad about the gif? People dont like Hanji? I thought it was one of the best gifts I encountered of him on tumblr tonight. It brought him out well.
There you go.

Huh, the first BD volume of Aku no Hana was supposed to release this week, but it just got delayed with the new date to be determined.
That's the second delay, isn't it?
I'm curious to see the end result...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom