• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Preferred boob size, so I can find out how crazy you all are.

For some reason I'd love to see this question happen.

Let's Play! Suite Precure: 23

g8JFw9q.jpg

Seriously, a guitar weapon! That's still so awesome!

Looks like
Ellen/Siren/Cure Beat
is pretty much now an official member of the team.

Hunter x Hunter 89
tumblr_mqbejmvRHg1rba38yo1_500.gif

Just ready to see Killua fight already, Gon is nice and all but once youve seen one firey punch youve kind of seen them all and still no interesting nen of sorts from Knuckle made it boring as well. Oh well the stuff on Killua is the most intriguing
Just the whole thing involving Illumi and how Killua was trained and brought up. I hope its explored in the course of the anime and not in still to be written territory of sorts. Its all kind of scary too and I dont know how I would feel if it truly happened that he faced some opponent that destroyed Gon and is too tough for him that he'd have to run leaving his best friend alone and such. Another breakdown from him would be scary.

CorvoSol

When
Renton meets adrock. No dialog necessary, great moment. And Eurêka telling him about her life so far...
...omg

While I agree that in that scene in particular
no dialogue was necessary
I still kinda thought it was lame that
Adroc never ever speaks.

/XX/

Trigger CEO Masahiko Otsuka on Kill la Kill:
Bummer, I hoped he could at least direct a couple of episodes, but a busy man running the studio on all fronts maybe can't! I'll trust on his words about Hiroyuki Imaishi's maturity, because otherwise Mr. Ōtsuka is one of those who could bring a necessary balance and refinement to key episodes he works in, for Mr. Imaishi's projects like Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (his help in making even a outsourced episode like the 3rd one was to XEBEC be so good thanks to a focused story-board always seems like a good example).

CorvoSol

Yeah, I may not have seen Usagi Drop, but I heard what happened in the manga. Thank goodness someone had enough common sense at the studio to react to it like this:
Funny-animal-gifs-nope.gif

Yeah, which is why Cajun gave great advice: don't read about the manga at all, and, failing that, don't read about it until you've finished the anime.

Theonik

Eureka Seven 48
Zi Endo noooooooooooooo. I'm glad Anemone x Dominic worked out but I knew they should have take out that beacon thing.
Holy shit. I knew this was going to happen in the end.
Hahaha
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

When ...omg
That was pretty fantastic. Great episode. I'd almost tear up at it if I had a soul.

...you know what, fine. Let's do this just to kill some time while I'm thinking of actual questions for the main survey. I'll even leave it open for lurkers this time.

AnimeGAF Survey - SPECIAL CHET EDITION

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1L4Q...8tlVc/viewform

I'll give this about a day to gather responses and post them sometime tomorrow.
大平原の小さな胸 is the only answer. Don't let me down AnimeGAF.

The Eccentric Family 3
tumblr_mqbq41Cvhg1sqqpspo5_500.jpg

Favorite design.

Probably leading the way in one of the more memorable stories and families of late in anime. I still think the terminology and so many groups hurts it at times making it hard to follow, though overall still what I look forward to a lot each week.

Benten is really quite memorable.

CorvoSol

I put proportionate. Like, it's good to be large, but them hilariously larger than a human skull ones don't do like, anything for me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Giant Robo: The Animation: The Day the Earth Stood Still] 3
Not sure what kind of engineering necessitates for robot tears, but still very moving (and a nice way to bookend the episode).

Maybe I'm still riding the hype from Pacific Rim, but damn that robot on robot action was so fucking good. Even Tetsugyu proved to be a bro (
even if he and Daisaku totally fucked up
). I also noticed that this episode has very few low-angle shots, with most of the episode taking place in Dutch country. Kinda weird.
What the hell is the TARDIS doing here?

P.S. Requiescat in Pace
Ivan the Terrible
. You were too fabulous. ;___;

survivor

Banned
K-On!! 17
The group's insistence on never practising and always finding some excuse to delay it is very relatable.

I forgot, but what's the reason for Yui and Ui parents not being home? Are they on a trip or do they have these mythical jobs that never let them go back home? You would think they would take care of Ui.

Attack on Titan Episode 15 – Special Ops Squad - Night Before the Counteroffensive (2)

tumblr_mqczeqz0a81rejibwo2_500.gif

Hanji is an incredible character. The writer has really made Hanji stand out among the cast and has really brought a new feel to the show. I wonder what other contributions Hanji can make to the plot as we go on in these last ten or so episodes.
I hope there wont be weird experiments on Eren, Levi must protect.

Tenumi

Banned
K-On!! 17

The group's insistence on never practising and always finding some excuse to delay it is very relatable.

Ah... reminds me of my days of high school band. Being part of the percussion, being sent off to practice on our own, and promptly doing nothing productive. Parkour around the auditorium, general goofing off, etc. I accidentally nearly hit our auditorium projector throwing a drumstick from the top level of seats to the stage. I missed it literally by an inch or less.

Cwarrior

No matter what he says that's not going to stop the idiotic eva fan base who believe there was no life before eva and that everything leads back to eva.

Yeah, I may not have seen Usagi Drop, but I heard what happened in the manga. Thank goodness someone had enough common sense at the studio to react to it like this:
Funny-animal-gifs-nope.gif

But they never changed anything they only covered half the manga with season 1.

Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun 16

That was a nice episode. Started off a little weak with the plot of the episode not that appealing but I did warm up to it after the interaction with Kaho.

It also raised some questions for the main plot as well that I wouldn't mind seeing getting answered as well.

I forgot, but what's the reason for Yui and Ui parents not being home? Are they on a trip or do they have these mythical jobs that never let them go back home? You would think they would take care of Ui.

You would also think they'd stay home with their children for Christmas but NOOOOOO. Go on a trip instead why don't you!

Deadbeat parenting at its finest.

That reminds me, I still need to finish that show.

Syrinx

You would also think they'd stay home with their children for Christmas but NOOOOOO. Go on a trip instead why don't you!

Deadbeat parenting at its finest.

That reminds me, I still need to finish that show.

Apparently Yui's parents make an appearance in the movie. Which I still need to watch.

Dog & Scissors - Episode 3

Pretty good introduction for the gray haired girl, she has a very interesting design also.

Dog & Scissors - Episode 4

THIS! This is what I came to see! All of the bad stuff in this anime is fixed with this one character. This is now a must watch! Holy moly I thought I'd never see the day when a
yandere
character is introduced and it isn't forced. This character is totally worth it to watch the show, especially if she becomes a recurring character. Dog & Scissors... you got me hooked now. Just keep showing more of her, and I'll keep coming back.

And how fluffy the tail is.

General response to general people.
K-On!! 17

In the first season they've said their parents like to take trips a lot, but I assume it's implied that they're home often, but you just don't see them.

You do see them in the movie however.
Apparently Yui's parents make an appearance in the movie. Which I still need to watch.

Get on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom