• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cashew Sins 9

Today we see a robotic girl with brain damage
who was with Luna the day she died no less and knows our Tsunutdere girl

And then
she gets her lights punched out.

Dio's Army is coming yo! Gotta stop Dio's Peanut Gallery! But we must find Luna for some raisin.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I thought you were a fellow Chie bro. What happened. You even gave me that Chie avatar.

And yeah team Yukari / Chie bros are the best bros.

You got me confused with Ultimadrago! Though I do ship Yukiko x Chie with a passion.

burton has refined tastes unlike pigs like you, smh

Watch Manyuu Hikenchou instead.

x3CU2lH.gif

Soon to replace SDBurton on the Rose Council.

Hohoo~ someone trying to challenge my position? Fufufu~

dad dedication. Won't even let yourself sully the garden.

For one to uphold the righteousness and beauty of pure love, one must restrict all threats, including thyself.

Mushibugyo Episode 16 – The Cool Guy in Glasses Lectures on Right and Wrong

The Yukimura one is still the best and sometimes doesnt even seem like an insect. Unfortunately still cant embrace any of the others as they made them way too buggy or just insect with random senoku type names.
Curious if the people in Kishuu will really try to kill off the leads. No way they can stand against the Tsukishima Style: Mt. Fuji attacks

Defuser

Dog and Scissors ep 4

First a violent tsundere, a masochist, a idol/author and now a brocon loving yandere sister?

This show is hitting every fetish in the book with more crazy combinations.

The Pacing God Can't Decide On 03

xWatRpul.jpg

Oh look, only 2.5 chapters were covered in this episode!

Though I always did like this whole date 5 girls at the same time plan and each girl actually got decent enough screentime so it wasn't a bad episode.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Waifu Ranking:
#1. Chie
#2. Naoto
#3. Nurse Ratchet
#4. Elizabeth
#5. Kanji
#6. Yukiko

Yukiko at the bottom?! Unforgivable!

1. Yukiko (OTP A)
  2. Chie (OTP A)
  3. Naoto (OTP B, A)
  4. Risette (OTP B)
  5. Margarete

*The letter shows the ideal partner they belong to, if there's more than one, the first partner pair takes priority.

CashewWalnut Sins

Well Dio the Walnut got him beat, he kissed Chestnut in a fiery fits of passion.

Anyway, it's a Walnut focused episode, where he's upset if people think he's Cashew.
And is apparently his trigger to kill whereas Casshern's is for his life.

Why so many rumors for Luna being alive now? It's weird. Did that singing from 8 do something?

Also FIGHTING! ACTUAL FIGHTING WITH NO AWKWARD TRANSITIONS AND CUTS!

Dune, why are you here, go back to Heartcatch.

Narag

Dog & Scissors 4

Expanded cast detracts terribly. Think this might have been better if the focus was on the back and forth of the main dog and main girl rather than adding new girls.

Something weird happenned ..

I got home , turned on the TV , and most news channel only had " It's a boy ! " or " royal baby" on the screen.

Then i turned off the TV and thought : i should get back to my backlog of anime to watch the new series of this season.

Yep Anime is better than real life news... In anime , aliens have invaded, "he" is the last hope of humanity, cure ace put on her lipstick , dolls are talking and several magical girls are fighting evil....

Yep , much better.

7Th

Bummer, I hoped he could at least direct a couple of episodes, but a busy man running the studio on all fronts maybe can't! I'll trust on his words about Hiroyuki Imaishi's maturity, because otherwise Mr. Ōtsuka is one of those who could bring a necessary balance and refinement to key episodes he works in, for Mr. Imaishi's projects like Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (his help in making even a outsourced episode like the 3rd one was to XEBEC be so good thanks to a focused story-board always seems like a good example).

If Shinji Higuchi's tweet is to be believed, Otsuka is busy
whoring himself for animators
asking favours and making sure the show gets all the staff it needs and deserves.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 36

YO WHAT THE FUCK?! First they took away "Leave It To Kero", and now they get rid of motherfucking "Catch You Catch Me"? Who in the hell made this dumbfuck bullshit decision?! Who the hell says Catch You Catch Me isn't good enough, we need a new OP? It's one of the best OP songs ever. Nobody's tired of it except stupid loser jerk fuckfaces. And now it's gone. I don't even know if I want to watch this show anymore I'm so damn disappointed.

Anyway, actual episode was good, with Mizuki still being mysterious, Yukito still being dreamy, and Sakura still being adorable. And the ending with Shaoran promising to help her look for the watch Yukito gave her (which looked like it had something resembling Sakura's cardcaptor key on it) was touching. Watching this alongside the Mets being the Mets made that slightly more bearable.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Episode 16 – Reverse Flow
tumblr_mqdamyZGzy1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mqdamyZGzy1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Had thought it would turn out to be a bad episode because it would be focused on kids but was somehow better than expected. Much preferred Shino and Atsushi antics over Kaho due to the whole way both characters felt about each other and grew over the course of the episode.
So glad they made up after the slap at least and that Atsushi was interested in his name, that blushing and red face even, lol. He waved at the end too

Is Ao supposed to be split off from Sosuke? Thats the only way I can make sense of what Kaho was saying about the hands

Nafe

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] 159
gZaG96F.jpg

Haha, I love the reaction Rei has there in this episode. This might be one of the times I might actually like the English dub better. In the Japanese I believe Rei doesn't say anything and you just hear her drink spill back into her cup but in the English version, whoever it is that does the voice for Rei again, makes more of a "ugh" or "bleh" type noise while Rei spits out her drink.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Haha, I love the reaction Rei has there in this episode. This might be one of the times I might actually like the English dub better. In the Japanese I believe Rei doesn't say anything and you just hear her drink spill back into her cup but in the English version, whoever it is that does the voice for Rei again, makes more of a "ugh" or "bleh" type noise while Rei spits out her drink.
Maybe, but then you miss the kois with the dub. :p

zeroshiki

Cardcaptor Sakura 36

YO WHAT THE FUCK?! First they took away "Leave It To Kero", and now they get rid of motherfucking "Catch You Catch Me"? Who in the hell made this dumbfuck bullshit decision?! Who the hell says Catch You Catch Me isn't good enough, we need a new OP? It's one of the best OP songs ever. Nobody's tired of it except stupid loser jerk fuckfaces. And now it's gone. I don't even know if I want to watch this show anymore I'm so damn disappointed.

Anyway, actual episode was good, with Mizuki still being mysterious, Yukito still being dreamy, and Sakura still being adorable. And the ending with Shaoran promising to help her look for the watch Yukito gave her (which looked like it had something resembling Sakura's cardcaptor key on it) was touching. Watching this alongside the Mets being the Mets made that slightly more bearable.

CCS OP3 is by Maaya Sakamoto. Shut your hole.

Can anyone help me remember the name of an anime? It was supposedly made by the same people that did Spice and Wolf, and it was about this hero who set out to slay the demon princess except the demon princess wound up being super good at economics and shit and came back to the human world to help them not suck economically, I think?

zeroshiki

Can anyone help me remember the name of an anime? It was supposedly made by the same people that did Spice and Wolf, and it was about this hero who set out to slay the demon princess except the demon princess wound up being super good at economics and shit and came back to the human world to help them not suck economically, I think?

Maoyu? I don't think its by the same studio although it has Ami Koshimizu and Jun Fukuyama as the leads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maoyu

Syrinx

CCS OP3 is by Maaya Sakamoto. Shut your hole.

There are negative reasons to get rid of Catch You Catch Me. I don't care who sings the damn song. Also this new, not nearly as awesome as Catch You Catch Me OP is the second one (on my count), so I'm not on OP3 yet.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Fate/Zero English Dub 2-14

Wow. Amazing stuff. It's hard to overlook the visual quality of this show still. Having said that the dub script is basically the same for a lot of things. Having said that there are some stuff that are changed and it's for the better. Some voicework is absolutely superb. Kariya and Tokiomi's is is outstanding. However, there are some that are absolute shit. Archer is the notable standout for being horrible. Sure he sounds like a pretentious dirtbag but something about it is just off. Whatever. lol.

Sailor Moon 40

Hey Mamoru, you look kinda cool.

The legend of the lovers rock and hotsprings about where a demon was sealed in a lake before the lovers descended to the heavens
GUESS WHO THEY ARE
. Tuxedo mask is indeed strange, and it's something that's been on my mind for some time considering his actions recently
I still think he's styling and profiling with a fake out

Well this didn't turn out to be an Ami episode like I expected but eh. She almost revealed herself to her family too. Careful now, your bro is probably fapping to you.

Uchouten Kazoku - 02
They really are trying their best to devellop the relationship with every character in the familly but it's somehow a little confusing.
Still i think they did a good job since it was still enjoyable.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Day Two of Roadtrippin' with Felix done! Here's what we learned!

1. I suck at blackjack.
2. The Great Salt Lake is big. And smells bad. Also, Utah is very hot.
3. Wyoming is much like many beauty pageant contestants: Very pretty but very empty.
4. My dad doesn't like my death metal music choices.
5. Road construction blows. But we have a saying out here: "There are only two seasons. Winter and Road Work."

Q: How do you feel about pillows?

450full.jpg

Hikaru no Go 2
BP065FYCQAMJMSV.png

98 days since I started at ep 1. :( Anyway I wish they had said if there was a way to get out of the ladder movie, seemed like a terrible move to be caught into. Ignoring that all the adults look like they are wearing 1960's attire, think the cast is alright. Most excited for ep 3
Akira finally being in good spirts again after running across the whole town for Hikaru, if they can have a good match in private again, then I think these first three episodes would be one of the best such set of episodes for longer anime

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Danganronpa 03:

Um... yeah. So... this show clearly has no intention of adapting the game into anime format as much as it wants to simply recreate it, UI elements and all. Hell the fucking
execution
was just the cinema from the game directly. Maybe with a slight altercation or two here and there but man... this is as lazy as it gets, and nowhere near as good as the game.

cajunator

Banned
Okay, I finally want to get around to making that third AnimeGAF survey, on the topic of anime buying and watching habits. For now all I've got is some basic stuff similar to all those Funimation/Viz/etc. surveys you've all done in the past; anyone have any recommendations for additional sorts of questions?

I look forward to this one!

Just started Usagi Drop. First episode was lovely.

Congrats on starting one of the most feelgood animes you will ever watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom